Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Alana's Book

I didn't want to bring any mention of this book, and its author. When you think you have seen the worst in human behavior, oops there it is another low. So Alana Stewart takes the journal that Farrah produces and uses it for her own and just re titles it. I think tabloid baby says, it best in their article http://tabloidbaby.blogspot.com/2009/07/alana-stewart-cashes-in-with-farrah.html

P.S. the writer of this article was friends with Farrah, and underwent Cancer Treatment at the same Klinik in Germany, as well as in the United States. He was there from the beginning, please read his words with the authenticity and honesty they deserve.

188 comments:

  1. It is a shame, a twisted shame.
    THIS NUT- GOLD DIGGING WORN, WEATHERED WITCH
    WILL ONE DAY FACE A SITUATION, AND HERE ON EARTH NOT HAVE FARRAH TO HOLD HER HAND IN TIMES OF TROUBLE.
    SICK, SICK, SICK !
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alana will ignore any negative press, and sadly go on with book signings, press, talk shows, and it will all be about her.
    Farrah's A WING AND A PRAYER as I now see it was guarded and respected, I say this because Craig Nevius knew the truth ,and it is why Alana and that other leach are blocking any and all who were involved in Farrah's life in a posotive way, sad is we need to see the footage edited out of the original. If Ryan has said that a sequal is in the works I get sick at the thought as of what he may have filmed. Like Craig Nevius said ,Farrah never wanted Redmond filmed, as he was to remain protected ! I will say it was ok with me that he was filmed, yet it was against Farrah's wishes-and those should be honored. If Alana is taking personal journal enterys and making it a book , again how much of it would be edited. I say we are blessed to have a friend in our lives who would protect our privacy, and I know Farrah did not want every chapter, word and ending published, THAT'S NOT FARRAH'S STYLE- She only let certain areas of her life be made public, and I think this applys to her journal as well ! SHAME !
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLASSLESS.LOW LIFE,GOLD DIGGER,TALENTLESS,HANGER ON
    I HATE THIS WOMAN
    REMEMBER PEOPLE IF YOU MUST READ IT LIBRARYS STILL EXIST
    Empty shell of a woman and like I said before this is so low
    does this person have an ounce of character? We know she has a gallon of botox inside but no soul or RESPECT.
    How could someone who Farrah trusted and and saw the pain this woman was in and how hard she fought live and to release a book so soon.Either she had this planned for a while or it's being rushed and will be full of s**t lies. She needs a real job and stop clinging onto others fame and exploting those who trusted her. This is the most classless thing someone can do to a friend.
    Oh Farrah what did you see in these people. They all were jealous of Farrah I think.They just wanted to feel the glare of her spotlight. What a bunch of scumbags.
    Releasing a book on the friend she so loved How crude. Bitch!
    Nicole V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is she that broke? Alimony run out or something?
    I wonder if a portion of sales will go to cancer research for a marketing ploy. NICOLE V NIKKI V

    ReplyDelete
  5. "the writer of this article was friends with Farrah, and underwent Cancer Treatment at the same Klinik in Germany"

    ????

    Are you talking about Brett Hudson or someone else??

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Brett Hudson is "definitely going to be in the sequel" according to Ryan O'Neal, maybe the gossipers can tone down the venom at Stewart and O'Neal.

    Brett Hudson is a big proponent of the German clinics.

    Farrah's Story was not maudlin or morbid.
    It wasn't stolen by O'Neal and turned into Love Story, Part Deux.
    It was narrated throughout by FF and very well done.

    Maybe the sequel will focus on Brett Hudson.

    It does a disservice to other cancer patients to overhype the German clinics and to launch political attacks on the US "Medical Establishment"

    Keep the politics to a minimum and just give an objective view of the plusses and minuses.

    The US has its plusses and minuses as do the Germans.

    The Germans did not provide Farrah with "lifesaving treatment", so be objective and scientific about what the Germans provide.

    You can't discuss US cancer care without discussing the new era of smart drug targeted chemotherapy that is already saving many lives, such as Ryan O'Neal via the smart drug Gleevec.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree with both Nikki, and Angel.
    I never knew just where Farrah stood in politics, this to me making her ONE IN HOLLYWOOD EVEN MORE CLASSY, TRUE AND NOT DESPERATE. Some literaly made ass's of themselves and made Hollywood look stupid in this last election. Farrah stayed calm, never getting loud or ranting, so if now it is a political sequal top Farrah's Story I hope it is done in taste, and not placing blame on anyone, or any president here or abroad. Farrah represented an inniocent time in my youth, one before fuel was so expensive, food was much more affordable, and EBAY did not exist.So if Mr. Hudson has remained true to his own fight, as well as Farrah's wishes, the word will get out without being SELF CENTERED.
    Farrah, fought like hell, she did it in that way Farrah did everything, YET NO ONE WAS EVER HUMILIATED- As for the German clinics, gosh ? I still see Alana calling Farrah and pushing it!
    But to take her personal life , and things she did not want public is now what I fear .Farrah was a friend to all, and still held her privacy , dignity, and respect for herself unlike some of these who fight only to be in the spotlight. I will say if I do see Farrah verbaly attacking anyone for the lack of anything, I feel she had a right , after all it was her motto to FIGHT- Again where is her will, did she have the 2 month time frame to get her affairs in order ? Where is the RED SWIM SUIT, THE WARHOLES, AND THE ART- It has been enough time to let us know, and I want to know as to see the users do not get it- Where are the boot's Joan Dangerfield spoke of- is Alana walking in them, or hawking them-!
    Nikki I agree the library will have a copie free, and I do not plan to buy it- and will fight it in all venues-media, news, and comment sections. Mr James Fawcett is much to weak, and needs to rest, and enjoy the good things in life and the good things his family did to fight- BLESS HIS HEART- He dosent need to see this stuff exploited -and possibly he will not- WHAT A TRUE STRONG MAN !
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was tired of the Michael Jackson coverage,but It may be a blessing in disguise.I pray that the medical examiner takes another couple of weeks before they reveal the cause of death,it will overshadow HER book.Im sure Entertainement Tonight and the Today Show will plug it but I now pray MJ'S coverage only gets higher and it bumps HER off most of the talk shows. If your truly Farrah fans please wait a few weeks if you must read it and buy a USED copy off ebay or go to the library or read it at the book store and don't buy it. If SHE would have waited longer to do this then maybe I would not be so against it but this soon in my opinion is really vulgur. She's truly a sick woman, to think a DEMON releases a book about an ANGEL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree texboy july 8th 1:17 pm
    well said

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nikki, agree here too on the book.
    If you remember Alan loved the term OOHHH BABY
    well that one seller is either her, or a third party saling FARRAH, kimberly, and the twist that says so is Melanie Griffith ITEMS.
    The seller describes a navajo ring, saying it was from Farrah's 70's era, and went into alot of personal info- itemAs for this auction, it's for one of Farrah's many turquoise pieces she collected back in the 70's. Many young actresses would go down to Palm Springs for the weekend and visit Indian reservations --- and of course, SHOP!!!! They'd come back with conch belts, hand-tooled leather bags and belts and lots and lots of jewelry!!!! Farrah came back with a complete set in this eagle motif --- a bracelet, ring and necklace. This ring is absolutely STUNNING --- a classic design done in either sterling or nickel silver (they didn't stamp or even sign every piece back then!). It's obviously made by hand, with turquoise and coral inlay --- and it is GORGEOUS!!!!! It fits about a size 7 ring finger, but it's EASILY SIZEABLE up or down. Proceeds will go to the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY --- so please feel free to BID EARLY and OFTEN!!!! Thank you! " ok" so this is someone who knew her for years, as who could indebth know this and how they brought the items back. Also this seller mentions it as being part of a complete set- SICK TACKY- So even if it were going to as said A CANCER SOCIETY- and an ANIMAL SHELTER- 1. BRING YOUR NAME FORWARD- 2 BRING THE PRICE TO A REASONABLE AMOUNT- 3 WHO GIVES A RAT'S REAR ABOUT SCUZZY k-stweart----TRASHHHHHHHHH !
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  11. texboy the person your talking about she always had Farrah items on ebay way before Farrah got sick. So I might assume she may be honest.
    I don't think Farrah would sign a Redken Hair color box unless it was for a cause or someone she felt was putting a portion of the proceeds to charity. I don't know 100% but maybe she's doing something good.
    It's hard to say but I do know she has been doing this for years and like I said Farrah items were always offered by her. But who knows lets just hope what she says is true. Alana and Ryan's actions disturb me the most and those who chose to remain silent as the last few months events unfolded.I now see why they were so threatened by certain people,I think they wanted nobody to alert Farrah of what was truly going on. nikki v nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think there was alot of deep seeded jealousy towards Farrah by these so called friends. I think they wanted what she achieved anyone in that Hollywood crowd could not possibly be a true friend when your self worth is based on how much money fame and beauty you have. Im sure Farrah had alot of people who truly loved her in that circle,but then you have those other
    kind of people who are green with envy and you know who I mean,that one tried to be a star but just did not and will not EVER have what Farrah had so they pretend to be your friend to steal some of the glory and write tell all books when the person can no longer have a say. nikki v nicole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Correction:

    Brett Hudson is NOT Tabloid Baby.

    He had nothing to do with the Alana story

    Tabloid Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alana, what a booby-prize of a friend. These people have no fear of cosmic repercussion. What you dish out will come back to you. E-V-E-N-U-A-L-L-Y. She must be planning to do the same to Oh-Kneel too. Its just a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah and MJ's passing must have come at a terrible time for Alana's book. So if only for that reason, it was a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where is Farrah's Walk of Fame star, I asked?

    Noone came up with the answer, so I found it myself.

    The address I assume is 7057 Hollywood Blvd.

    Her star is located on the north side of Hollywood Blvd., just to the west of N. Sycamore Ave., in front of the building at the NW corner of Hollywood and N. Sycamore, and right next to the second palm tree west of N.Sycamore Ave.

    N. Sycamore Ave. is 2 blocks to the west of Grauman's Chinese Theater.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ANGEL CHARLIE,
    I apologise, I had not looked at the comments, and when I was their the in the 90's until today I do remember driving past GC THEATER.
    I was alone the past few times and time did not permit me to get a look . I do remember the Mulholland
    house, It was beautiful, the drive was very scary, yet that area is tight and like a jigsaw is areas.
    As for the stars I rush thru that area.I did see a few photos the day Farrah left , and I was sad. I think later in the days to come the tributes poured in.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well the blackball is on.
    Rumor in Texas has it that TEXAS MONTHLY a hi-end TEXAS MAGAZINE has subscribers ticked of royally.
    It has featured FARRAH on it's cover twice in her career, This month it's printing was already out
    after her passing.
    Now It is advertising the August issue ,and NO FARRAH- I spoke with an editor late last night and it's said a little inside tribute is being paid- TO MAKE IT WORSE , The cover is about the best hamburgers on Texas- WITH A DAMN HAMBURGER ON IT'S COVER- TEXAS MONTHLY IS THE ISSUE THAT HAD THE COVER FEATURED ON FARRAHS MEMORIAL- That photo was on her 50th birthday, SO IN DEFENSE OF FARRAH, HER HOME STATE, and THIS PATHETIC ISSUE - FEEL FREE TO GO TO TEXAS MONTHLY . C
    and leave comments under any area you can locate, The one that is outcry is under TAKE A LOOK AT OUR AUGUST COVER- To the left of the screen, click on and comments are pouring in. Strangly the last issue of Farrah was where they cut off the archive issue ordering. GOD BLESS PEOPLE, and TV GUIDE for doing tributes. TEXAS is my home state and this is terrible.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alana Stewart---she certainly has a presence---but it seems to only depend upon calculation and intimidation.....ain't much if there is not substance.

    ReplyDelete
  20. God bless Rod Stewart, and George Hamilton after they die.
    God only knows what she will do.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  21. TEX, I can't believe Farrah will not be on the cover of Texas Monthly. Well, sort of. Mimi Swartz, an executive editor at Texas Monthly, wrote a less than complimentary piece on Farrah in the NY Times Opinion section on June 27th. For those interested in reading it, here is the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/opinion/28swartz.html

    Apparently she never outgrew her jealousy of Farrah. How pathetic and UNPROFESSIONAL. Mimi Swartz, yet another, DARK ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just re-read it and now I understand why Farrah went hiding in the bathroom to avoid her. I would. She probably felt the hatred and had to get away. Dark hates Light.

    ReplyDelete
  23. KID- I have read that article, and here in Texas she is like you said DARK- I had not thought of that, but YOU SAID IT RIGHT- I did read her NY TIMES ARTICLE-If you have not seen the poor woman well -she is dark, dull to look at- What really angers me is She knew A BIG OLD HAMBURGER MADE THE COVER- I never knew HONESTLY never knew people could be so outright nasty.
    I hope Greg Lott gets his say in this, as He is always connected with most of the Texas ,FARRAH talk in a natural, normal kind of way.
    Thanks, Kid
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  24. KID- SO TRUE, By the way anyone who wants to help, you can just enter a name, and no required sign up- nothing- but a name to make a complaint. Again it is TEXASMONTHLY.COM- it is located at the left of the screen, under menu
    and TAKE A PEEK AT OUR AUGUST ISSUE. OUTRAGE- I am stunned, and Kid I would have never put 2&2 together-I again just read MIMI'S ARTICLE IN THE NY, I now gotcha. I am as well calling the editors, and spoke with a senior editor late last night, he swears an aticle is inside, but excus me THE COVER could not even do a 2 line mention. SICK- But I will not stop until I get MIMI ON THE PHONE- as her hate is terrible. LAST MONTH THEY HAD TED NUDGENT ON THE COVER- LOLOLOLOL, ANYONE CAN USE ALIAS TO POST- BUT PLEASE DO SO, AS TIME WILL RUN OUT ON THE MEDIAS INTEREST
    SAD TO SAY, AND IF TEXAS MONTHLY cannot get an issue out prior to ALANAS BOOK, WERE SCREWED OVER A DECENT FINAL RESPECT- It will all end up on the rag mag's- Again thanks Kid
    Texboy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Im not from Texas but I would have assumed she would get a cover tribute on Texas Monthly. The last cover she did for them was one of her best she looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I tried to find this Mimi person's article and can't find it. What did this idiot have to say about Farrah? From the other posts it must not be nice. nicole nikki v

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nikki, yes it was one of her best,
    and the same photo was used on her memorial, just a slight turn of the head. Texas Monthly is a or was a very respectful magazine for years.
    This might be able to be corrected.
    We are hoping for Sept issue. Was just reading how local cable channels are doing their own tributes to Farrah saying she was AS WE KNOW OVERSHADOWED.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  28. NIKKI, Hold on I will locate it, KIDD
    Left a link that worked for me.
    Let me see, oh and when you see it note the photo MIMI chose- It shows a pretty Farrah, yet the artist did heavy dark circles, and accented her age, I thought her age was BEAUTIFUL-
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nikki,
    ok see if this works,
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/opinion/28swartz.html
    or just enter MIMI SWARTZ FARRAH FAWCETT IN NY TIMES.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  30. HitmanPR said:
    "P.S. the writer of this article was friends with Farrah, and underwent Cancer Treatment at the same Klinik in Germany, as well as in the United States. He was there from the beginning, please read his words with the authenticity and honesty they deserve."

    I asked:
    "
    "the writer of this article was friends with Farrah, and underwent Cancer Treatment at the same Klinik in Germany"

    ????

    Are you talking about Brett Hudson or someone else??"

    tabloidbaby said...
    "Correction:

    Brett Hudson is NOT Tabloid Baby.

    He had nothing to do with the Alana story

    Tabloid Baby."


    From May 26, 2009 Tabloid Baby:
    "Tabloid Baby pal Brett Hudson, who was treated in Germany with Farrah and is working on his own doco project, Frozen Pictures' The Klinik)"

    So, if it's not Brett Hudson, Tabloid Baby, then who is it that HitmanPR is referring to??

    Who else beside Brett Hudson was friends with Farrah and at the same Klinik as Farrah??

    ReplyDelete
  31. fautliAngel Charlie,
    OK, So at first I myself thought it was Brett hudson, yet we were corrected that it was not.
    So like you, who was this person ?
    I feel that honesty ,is a major in Cancer, you can never heal in being dishonest, so Brett Hudson would surly know to deny or anyone involve him in a falsified way would hinder his chances at winning a FIGHT WITH CANCER- My main question is really just WHO IS TABLOID BABY ? I have read many things I agree with , and yet find the site to be a little colorful, even outlandish in areas. The many people Farrah has known, and her first connection with Germany is where the truth is located, Alana wanted it to look as if it were She who suggested Germany, well in a telephone call shown in FARRAH'S STORY edited very fast ,it shows Farrah listening to Alana's calling from Germany and telling Farrah to take the first flight out. In looking back I know I have read CHER was responsible for this avenue, and a few I forget. But back to your question I ask WHO IS TABLOID BABY-I apologise but Tabloid Baby has really taken a person I never knew and made him their star, his name Danny Gains- i think is how it is spelled, so at times I might be confused as they are fixed on Danny Gains, and I see photos on the right of the blog of men I have never seen- So
    as long as I am a HITMAN BLOGGER, AND IN DEFENSE OF GREG LOTT- I take their word. So again , Brett Hudson knows to lie, twist storys, or make tales in the middle of grave illiness would hinder his future and recovery. I can say that if Ryan is infact in control of any sequal, we do not have to worry about Brett Hudson being in it much, if any at all. Ryan will do what he considers the 3RD ACT OF LOVE STORY ! My venom is directed where I feel convicted to defende, but again I do not think my venom is anything near what is to come- To set back and let THE TOP RATED NEWS PEOPLE REPORT ON THE HERO'S IN FARRAH'S LIFE MAY NEVER BE ACCURATE, FARRAH CAN NO LONGER DEFENDE HERSELF ON EARTH. But as our love for Farrah will never die, we can defende her.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mr. HitmanPR may have misspoke here about one of Farrah's "cancer buddies" writing a Tabloid Baby article about the Alana book. Tabloid Baby says it wasn't Brett Hudson that wrote their article about the Alana book. I'm just trying to get them to clarify the confusion on whether or not one of Farrah's "cancer buddies" wrote the Alana book article and if so, if it was not Brett Hudson, then did Farrah have another "cancer buddy" and if so, who is it.

    Here is the Tabloid Baby May 19th article where they identify Brett Hudson as Farrah's "cancer buddy."

    http://tabloidbaby.blogspot.com/2009/05/brett-hudson-is-in-middle-of-farrah.html

    Tuesday, May 19, 2009

    Brett Hudson is in the middle of the fight over Farrah Fawcett's hijacked documentary

    Not taking any sides but that of the truth and the knowledge of what his friend Farrah Fawcett intended when she set off to film a documentary about her battle against cancer, Brett Hudson has found himself in the middle of the unseemly brouhaha over the shameless, manipulative, exploitative two-hour Dateline version that aired on NBC Friday night.

    Hudson, one of our pals from Frozen Pictures, is a cancer survivor himself, and was filming his own experiences for Frozen's documentary project The Klinik in 2007 when he and Farrah wound up at the same alternative cancer treatment in Germany.

    Farrah's friend Alana Stewart, who was videotaping Farrah's project, got lots of footage of Farrah and Hudson together, in treatment and on the road through the Alps as the "cancer buddies" traveled among a network of cancer treatment kliniks in the area.


    The scenes in which Farrah and Hudson discussed the merits of alternative treatments were cut from the Farrah doco after the footage was sold to NBC and NBC News producers removed the news content

    -- including Farrah's intention to focus on the difference in quality and cost of cancer treatments in the US and Germany—

    and replaced it with interviews with Charlie's Angels actresses and crying shots of Fawcett's on-and-off lover Ryan O'Neal in a mawkish, morbid ratings-grabber called Farrah's Story (a sequel, presumably including Farrah's death and funeral, is in the works).


    Hudson has become a cancer activist and something of an expert on alternative cancer therapies through his very popular and crucial Brett's Blog on The Klinik website, is quoted in the New York Post today and is being interviewed by the syndicated infotainment show Extra! this morning.

    "The Klinik will tell the story that Farrah wanted to get out there," Hudson told us exclusively.

    "Why aren't certain treatments available in the States?

    Why are drugs so expensive here when they're available for pennies on the dollar in Germany and other countries?

    People are suffering when they don't have to-- and dying every day-- because of a stranglehold on the American medical system."

    ReplyDelete
  33. I hope Mimi Schwartz rots in hell for torpedoing the Farrah tribute issue in Texas Monthly.

    I grew up in Houston and I've read Texas Monthly many times, but I might reconsider now.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Angel Charlie,
    Yes I remember that , as it was the first time
    I saw the word KILINIK- and was reading fast , not knowing it was German for Clinic.lol
    Ok so Hitman said it was not Brett Hudson ? Then I agree, who is the second person ? We know Farrah valued privacy and in all of the editing of that tape, Brett Hudson mentions how he and Farrah did alot together on that film- or they were filmed together, however Farrah might have honored the other unknown person by not filming. I now wonder, plus it's no telling now to think of it who might be in Germany. I do see what you mean now. B HUDSON knows alot, I bet a whole lot about those visits. I see now, and it still looks like Brett Hudson !
    TEXBOY---NOW I WANT TO KNOW-

    ReplyDelete
  35. First of all excuses for my approximate english . I express myself better in German and French.
    For those which that interests, some news of Europe, but I do not think that is a secret, the information being able to be reproduced on the Net
    2 months before its death, Farrah accepted an initiated procession of Germany which was stopped at the end of 4 days. This one was very badly supported and certainly that justified the stop of very therapeutic ,before palliative, this decision being taken jointly by the entourage and the medical team on the spot. It is an option which is necessary to respect, the patient not being more capable to decide for her .
    Later, at the down of the last month, Ursulah JACOB tried to recontact Farrah , would be this only to testify its sympathy to her.
    It is simply regrettable that it was ousted by the close relations which cannot communicate with it nor to re-examine it
    One can simply admit that Ryan O' Neal suffered much to badly see it supporting the processing without apparent results
    I have especially a thought for him and for the son who remains quite alone

    ReplyDelete
  36. Angel Charlie,
    I agree, plus I did leave a v-mail with the person as well who is over the editorial contact list, and POINT BLANK ASK IF MIMI WERE PART OF THIS.
    I was born in Houston. WOW- So glad to know you remember the quality of the magazine, now I find it just SNOBBISH, and FULL OF NEIMAN MARCUS ADVERTISMENTS- But when all you can write about is HAMBURGER . when FARRAH FAWCETT is basicly TEXAS GOLD, Then I smell a rat- I say to all just sign a name and post a comment, it accepts the comment without all that crap of entering personal info. IT SUCKS.
    And as for MIMI rotting in hell, were into triple did heat 104 yesterday. So if hell were a state, she's half way their.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  37. texboy is pierreT expressing sympathy for O'Neal? What is his point concerning Dr.jacobs and this 4 day treatment? Im confused on what is point is nicole nikki v

    ReplyDelete
  38. PierreT, why don't you just explicitly list the treatments the Germans gave Farrah as well as the results, since you seem to know?

    All we know is that Farrah was taking alot of pills, as shown in Farrah's Story, which were probably prescribed by Dr. Jacob (who's in Bad Wiesse, Klinik im Alpenpark);

    that Dr. Thomas Vogl, in Frankfurt, killed some of her liver tumors with a laser apparently connected to needles which were painfully insert into her liver. I assume they are using a laser for hyperthermia on the tumors. It's the scene where she grimaces in Farrah's Story.
    I saw other scenes of these hyperthermia treatments on the Entertainment Tonight show where Farrah is kicking her feet because of the pain;

    and that Dr. Klaus Kiehling did surgery on her anal cancer to remove the original tumor.

    We know that she made 6 trips to Germany, beginning apparently in June 2007.

    PieereT, why don't you just lay out what treatments she received one trip at a time on trips 1 through 6, and how she responded to those treatments, since you seem to know?

    What were all those pills that Dr. Jacob prescribed for her?

    The only way to understand the efficacy of German cancer care is to understand the treatments they provide.

    Farrah's Story did not explain the treatments she received from Dr. Piro at all.

    PierreT, since you seem to know the treatments Farrah received from the Germans, what do you know about the treatments she received from Dr. Piro in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  39. PierreT, I get the impression from your comments, that you don't speak English at all, and are using a very bad French to English software translator.

    ReplyDelete
  40. PieereT, Dr. Jacob's name is not Ursulah JACOB.
    It's Dr. Ursula Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  41. "2 months before its death, Farrah accepted an initiated procession of Germany which was stopped at the end of 4 days"

    Brett Hudson talked about this in his cancer blog or somewhere else in cyberspace.

    He said he went threw this chemotherapy too and that it does make you sick but you have to go through it.

    Brett was talking about chemotherapy from the Germans.

    So we have Farrah talking chemo from the Germans in 2009 which she quit after 4 days apparently based on Brett Hudson's comments and apparently PierreT's comment.

    And we have Dr. Piro administering chemo in late 2008 to Farrah as shown on Farrah's Story where she looses her hair afterwards.

    That's all we know at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  42. We don't know what chemo drugs Farrah received from the Germans or Dr. Piro.

    ReplyDelete
  43. PierreT, I hope my English to French software translator is better than your French to English software translator.

    PierreT, j'espère que mon anglais au traducteur de logiciel français est mieux que votre français au traducteur de logiciel anglais.

    PierreT, pourquoi vous n'énumérez pas juste explicitement les traitements les allemands a donné Farrah aussi bien que les résultats, puisque vous semblez savoir ?

    Tout ce que nous savons est que Farrah prenait alot de comprimés, comme montré dans l'Histoire de Farrah, qui ont été probablement prescrits par Dr Jacob (qui a des ennuis Wiesse, Klinik im Alpenpark);

    ce Dr Thomas Vogl, à Francfort, a tué certaines de ses tumeurs de foie avec un laser apparemment raccordé aux aiguilles qui étaient douloureusement l'insertion dans son foie. Je suppose qu'ils utilisent un laser de hyperthermia sur les tumeurs. C'est la scène où elle les grimaces dans l'Histoire de Farrah.
    J'ai vu d'autres scènes de ces traitements hyperthermia sur l'Amusement montrer Ce soir où Farrah donne un coup de pied à ses pieds à cause de la douleur;

    et ce Dr Klaus Kiehling a fait la chirurgie sur son cancer anal pour enlever la tumeur originale.

    Nous savons qu'elle a fait 6 voyages en Allemagne, en commençant apparemment en juin de 2007.

    PieereT, pourquoi vous ne disposez pas juste que traitements elle a reçu un voyage à la fois sur les voyages 1 à 6 et comment elle a répondu à ces traitements, puisque vous semblez savoir ?

    Quels étaient tous ces comprimés que Dr Jacob a prescrits pour elle ?

    La seule façon de comprendre l'effet de soin de cancer allemand est de comprendre les traitements qu'ils fournissent.

    L'Histoire de Farrah n'a pas expliqué les traitements qu'elle a reçus de Dr Piro du tout.

    PierreT, puisque vous semblez savoir les traitements Farrah reçu des allemands, qu'êtes-vous au courant des traitements qu'elle a reçus de Dr Piro aux Etats-Unis ?

    ReplyDelete
  44. PierreT, if the French translation is good, then try using this software translator for French to English translation, since your English is barely comprehendable.

    PierreT, si la traduction française est bonne, essaient donc d'utiliser ce traducteur de logiciel du français à la traduction anglaise, puisque votre anglais est à peine comprehendable.

    http://imtranslator.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. Sorry, I didn't read all of the comments..
    If Alana does the book, I will probably buy it.
    If it is Farrah's journals or Alana's interpretation of them; it doesn't matter; as long as the correct person gets credit.

    My dad passed right before Farrah was diagnosed; I know what cancer is like and could write my own book but the story would be better coming from someone closer to a public figure such as Farrah. We need to find a cure for cancer; we've lost too many loved ones to this horrible monster.

    Farrah looked like a classy lady. I do hope she was portrayed correctly in "Farrah's Story". There is nothing I dislike more then the people that are left not following the wishes of the person that passed.

    ReplyDelete
  46. NIKKI- I was thinking the same,
    and I also wanted to say that anything sent in foreign language is ok, as we canm translate it.
    If DR, TROUD is seeking, or asking our sympathy for ONEAL, Well FORGET IT.
    Dr. Troud can write alot in english
    and do not feel your post are going to be confusing.
    THE VENOM WILL FLY THOUGH IF YOU ASK FOR MOST OF OUR SYMPATHY. Yesterday A JUDGE GIVE LEANEACY TO MR ONEAL SR. WHO PLED GUILTY TO METHAMPHETINE CHARGES, SO NOT ONLY IS ONEAL ALL YOU READ HERE, BUT HE WAS IN POSESSION OF DRUGS- SADLY HE NOW LOOKS LIKE IT'S ALL TURNED TO DRINK- "THA" HEAVY STUFF, AND FOOD. GREIF OR GUILT- MAYBE NONE , BUT GREEG-THE 3 G'S- As for DR. JACOBS, I ask YOU DR. TROUD IF YOU WILL AGAIN GIVE YOUR OPNION ON THAT ONLY. WE GOT ONEAL FIGURED OUT
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  47. Mother of the year Im not sure if they are Farrah's actual journals or not.But the title of the book is entitled something like Love,friendship what Farrah taught me about life,The title is something like that.
    So this book sounds like it's about what Farrah's cancer battle taught Alana, Gimmie a break this book is for money that will go into Alana's own pocket, If all these lessons she learned then she should donate her time to cancer charities or volunteer her time,not rush a book out right after her friend died. I guess character is something she missed during her learning period. This book is a self serving make me famous piece of garbage.Could she have at least waited a year to put some heart and soul into the book! I highly doubt she even wrote it unless she was working on this long before Farrah died which makes me have even less respect for Ms.Stewart. I think it's classless,but Ms.Stewart made a living on being classless wave a dollar bill in her face and she'll crawl through shit to get it. These are my opinions and I don't know to much about the book except for the title which seems to me it suggests Alana is taking Farrah's story and making it into her own. I thought we saw that may 15th 2009 The Ryan and Alana sory and how farrah having cancer affected them.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Mother of the year ! First of all I am so very sorry about your father. I cant imagine, and trust you will find comfort.
    Ok, this is what I know, if you read back you will see how we feel about Alana.
    I agree that it would take someone close to Farrah to do any justice to her, and now after she is gone it has been a crucial time in anyone who loves Farrah to trust the only 2 people who were close to her in her final months. Ryan, and Alana were as said in Farrah's story those 2 people- So as you read back, from post one you will learn that YES FARRAH WAS A CLASSY LADY- and NO ,JUSTICE WAS NOT DONE . I remember a few post back one person was being as I call it romantic, and living the ONEAL LOVE STORY CRAP-and I still think of this post ,and person as one who TRULY DOES NOT WANT THE TRUTH.
    Their world is a world they create and believe what they want, and that is their right- But in this case Farrah was not protrayed to the full CHARACTER, and CANCER STORY SHE SO WANTED- Her longtime love way before RYAN ONEAL; was CUT OFF FROM HER LIFE EASTER WEEK OF 09- AS WERE ANYONE WHO WOULD POSE A THREAT TO ONEAL OR ALANA. ALANA STEWART DEMANDED A HUGE SUM OF MONEY FOR HER PART IN FILMING ,sadly it was a camcorder, and she was paid . Oneal lived, and I trust made Farrah comfortable. Why the post are not posotive on these 2., ONEAL AND STEWART, You can rest assured until the truth is finally printed and trust me be very carfull in reading into ALANA'S BOOK-and watch your pennies spent on it, as it is possibly going to be part her earnings and part A CANCER SOCIETY DONATION, WE ARE IN ONE ACCORD IN PROTECTING FARRAH'S LEGACY- SHE TRULY WAS AN ANGEL, LIVING OUT HER FINAL YEARS AS MOST ANGELS DO "AMONGST THE VILE"
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  49. NIKKI, SOOOOOOOOOO TRUE.
    I am thinking it is coming out about the time of Alana's MUCH NEEDED FACE LIFT- !
    Being her 12 or 13th- The woman of like 3-4 years older than Farrah and even on Farrah's worse day in treatment, it was ALANA DRAGGING ASS- THE MEXCIAN VACATION- THE BIRTHDAY PARTY , Where even Alana's ex hubby and son were their, yet none of Farrah's own family, were their- ALANA ARRANGED IT ALL- LIKE A SWAN SONG- SICK
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  50. RYAN cant even get 5.00 for his old original LOVE STORY, AT TARGET.
    So as he ponders how to cash in, as well as finish his drug program I think it's all in Alana's court.
    God help us if Ryan trys a book- PLUS - In CHASING FARRAH- Her photo was not seen in his home, but you can damn sure bet HIS WAS SLAPPED ALL OVER THE OPENING OF FARRAHS STORY- They added those, I SWEAR ALANA ADDED AT RYANS REQUEST THOSE PHOTOS- WITH TONS OF RYAN.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  51. OH and get this, AMAZON is offering A NEW VIDEO of FARRAH by The Editors. and if purchased with alanas so called book it's around 34.00- SO WHO ARE "THE EDITORS" THE VID IS READY TO ORDER NOW- BUT NO DESCRIPTION ON WHAT IT IS.
    AMAZON- ENTER FARRAH-
    VERY STRANGE-
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  52. On another pathetic note, Oneal had attorneys shut down THE FARRAH FAWCETT WEBSITE, She and Greg Lott
    had created in 2006-
    By shutting this down, it caused no orders , and order confusion, as A SAID AMMOUNT WAS GOING TO CANCER CHARIETY- That is stopped.
    OK NOW I AM THINKING A NEW SITE IS SOON TO OPEN- ALL UNDER ALANA-YEP, BETWEEN RYAN AND ALANA- SO SHE CAN FIRST SALE HER BOOK- OR SHOULD I SAY SOMEONES BOOK- AND OTHER THINGS- WHAT THEY DID WAS ALL A PLAN, AND IT WAS TIMED TO ANNOUNCE THE BOOK, AND gOD ONLY KNOW'S WHAT ELSE- SO WE NEED TO HEAR FROM GREG LOTT ON ANY NEW INFO, ON THE ORIGINAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN HE AND FARRAH ON THE ORIGINAL LEGIT SITE FARRAHFAWCETT.US- AND SOON. WARNING I JUST KNOW IT-
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  53. The question was brought up here before, but never answered by Mr. Lott about why he asked for money on the Farrah website to 'help pay for Farrah's Dr. bills from Germany'. It was later re-worded on the site, but alot of people found that odd--surely she was wealthy enough to afford her treatments. Has he cleared this up yet?

    ReplyDelete
  54. ANNONYMOUS,
    OK FARRAH NEVER PAID FOR HER TREATMENTS, a 93 year old gentelman who remained silent is said to have paid for Farrah's treatments- flights ect-
    As for the website, Oneal is probably being a jerk, and PLANNING
    HIS OWN-CASH COW ! JUST WAIT- WATCH- HE WILL....!
    I just like you had hoped to hear from Mr.Lott as well.
    The site went down shortly after the plea for medical monies- and yes it was a little confusing-
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  55. I agree...I followed the website from the start and it totally changed right around the time 'Farrah's Story' aired. It used to be very fan oriented, with merchandise and health updates for her and her voicing her opinion on medical records privacy, and then all of a sudden there were pictures of her and Mr. Lott together, her private documents ( like living will, etc.) and constant links to Tabloid Baby. I also remember it saying a portion of the proceeds on sales would go to help pay the German drs. travel expenses. It was indeed strange. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  56. OK, DEBBIE, Here is the latest info fron non other than ET- So pardon if I was wrong, as sick as HOLLYWOOD is this is sad when it says A SOURCE- ARTICLE BELOW-
    A representative for 92-year-old financier Kirk Kerkorian told the New York Daily News' Rush & Molly that the billionaire "quietly" paid for "Charlie's Angels" star's cancer treatment.

    "He just saw a friend in pain and wanted to help," a source tells the columnists.

    A source close to Farrah tells ET that, to their knowledge, [Kerkorian] never paid for Farrah's medical bills or plane tickets. "In fact, she always paid her clinic bill ... or occasionally her business manager wired the money. Then insurance reimbursed. I don't believe this is true for a second."

    Farrah succumbed to cancer on June 25.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I understand that either she or a generous friend paid her expenses. My question is why did her website ask the fans to help pay?

    ReplyDelete
  58. Debbie,
    What is strange to me is I had never heard of Tabloid Baby until shortly before the FARRAFFAWCETT.US site went down.

    I can say that Greg Lott is being honest, and yes I can see where some things would greatly offend people that he allowed on the site, but PLEASE KNOW THIS- In all honesty those are not lies, He was as said close to Farrah and close to her right up until the date they shut him out- I think farrah must have been much worse after her realease prior to Easter week 09, meaning she had no idea who was calling- and to get into the WILSHIRE SUITE you did have to have codes, and I think they had 7 in 2004 that were used ! Farrah was famous for trips back to Tx. I live about 25 min from Austin, and on occasion I knew, as well as Greg Lott's trips in from Lubbock,as well as Farrah's trips to Lubbock .
    Farrah was a lady, and still she let no one stop those trips- Ryan had to call her a BITCH when if you saw CHASING FARRAH- He used that term to describe the THINGS HE DID NOT KNOW- She was VERY SMART- and TEXAS PROTECTED HER- Greg Lott was kind, and protective of Farrah, and it was not out of an adgenda, The 2 as it is well known in Texas were always in contact.
    Texboy

    ReplyDelete
  59. Debbie, ok did it not say your purchase would help pay ?
    Honestly I am not being an ass, but I thought it said help pay.
    I agree it always looks desperate to ask , but You would agree im sure that to help Farrah , or anyone close to you, you would not hesitate.
    OK, So can you remember the date this was up on the site ? I TRULY HAVE FORGOT- As if it was before the EASTER HOSPITAL VISIT- She was still in contact with Greg. So she possibly was paying her fairs, and being her site it worked to help her. I do not think she was as wealthy with fast money, yet her image is pricless and ONEAL knows this- So , This is where we need GREG LOTT to tell us why ? I agree it is a good question, I agree we need to be told the things we were promised would be printed here, and we desperatly need to hear WHERE GREG LOTT STANDS. I have tried to contact him, and he is not answering. We need updates, AND TRULY I wonder if the website was doing any retail in the past Month, as if it were ,how were those who ordered ever reimbursed, or did they receive their order. A STOP LIKE THAT JACKASS PULLED ON FF.US and Greg was out of thin air. WHAT HAPPENED TO ANY FAN IN THE MIDDLE OF A TRANSACTION- Again I see your point. I agree.
    But the mystery is now WHO DID PAY-and why ? Was Farrah not able to, or was it an act of friendship- I choose to think friendship.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  60. Alana Stewart makes me sick

    ReplyDelete
  61. lol- ME TOO- I just pray she did not end up with the key's to that huge storage unit Farrah had stored every last thing.
    BOX'S NAMED - Personal items, important papers. I knew when Alana elobrated about Farrahs wish to not know for a 2 month period, so her affairs were in order, I said before I saw trouble then. This 2 month thing when Alana told it has yet to reach 2 months- SOOOOO, I hope to know where it all ends up- Someone said to me in 06 , as to why it was not moved to a location with a family member. So sad it to hear the word Family , when Farrah is mentioned, poor Redmond is locked up for a year, bless him, and her father is tired, im sure exausted, and the other family well ? IN TEXAS THEY ARE VERY FEW AND VERY QUIET. So I hope it is not sold in a garage sale. Trust me Farrah held a huge garage sale in 1996 or 95 pardon, and she was not their, it was right before her move. The rest is what you saw in that huge storage.
    But again I hope we can hear something soon- Her grave looks so sad, cold and well alone ! I will never think this was her plan.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  62. Nikki, I was thinking about you as I was laughing early today over the scene in CHASING FARRAH- where ALANA was setting on that bed applying the ARMANI COSMETICS LIKE A WANNA B-
    She was digging into that scene and probably would never afford a tube of ARMANI LIPSTICK- LOL- I do not agree with ARMANI PRICES- It's all HYPE, But Alana was always emulating Farrah's hand gestures, and the scene of them in that restroom- LOL------Then Farrah not really wanting to go to the Hilfiger , or STELLA M PARTY---It was all kimberly bone stewart- Those women are not pretty, and yes the difference in the real Barbie and the knock-off- ALANA used every shot she could get-
    Texboy

    ReplyDelete
  63. This is more a Hate Alana and Ryan blog than a Farrah blog, it seems.

    Some real Farrah fanatics.

    Anyway, in that Entertainment Tonight video where Farrah is shown kicking her feet when
    Dr. Vogl is sticking needles into her liver, after the treatment, the video shows her naming Dr. Vogl as "Dr. In and Out", which is more wicked Farrah wit, and then she says that those needles were the most pain she experienced since childbirth of Redmond.

    ReplyDelete
  64. yes, i remember that ET show, or shows.
    I think ET paid for them, as to why they were cut. I had never heard of ET paying for footage, but somewhere I read it.
    Again , you have a great question to the French/German Dr. as to what medical,med's that they give Farrah, as much of what I saw in the FARRAH STORY was vitamins, and minerals, with other prescribed I THINK ? MED'S- YOU REALLY HAVE ME THINKING- As to why DR. PIRO was so kind to Farrah, as I would think if one Dr, were questioned and then you jump to another THEY GET ANGRY- This is why I never put 2and2 together in a way they DID, IF THEY DID WORK TOGETHER- OK AND WHY ? was the liver tissue damaged, and was damage just how it had to be ? SAD ME even thought why not a liver transplant- Basicly I would have as said stayed in Houston, attended MD ANDERSON, SLEPT AT DAD'S, AND TRUSTED , PRAYED, ORRRRRRR STAYED IN GERMANY- But Farrah said herself she always took the path with no footprints- My point HOW CAN AN AMERICAN,AND GERMAN CLINIC
    klinik- WORK TOGETHER- I say she did it her way, but these answers were either not answered or edited.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  65. On the Barbara Walters ABC special the night of Farrah's death, there's a scene where Walters is interviewing Dr. Piro and Walters says to Piro: "From the beginning you told Farrah her cancer was not curable.", which Piro acknowledged.

    Yikes! Time to find a new Cancer Specialist, one that will never stop searching for your smart drug miracle cure.

    Unless Piro genetically profiled Farrah's cancer, he could not know for sure that her cancer was not curable.

    So, that's the big question, just what did Dr. Piro do to determine that her cancer was not curable?

    Like I posted earlier, what about consulting with Dr. Robert Nagourney, a personalized cancer treatment specialist in Long Beach, for his opinion on whether her cancer was incurable?

    As for MD Anderson, which is supposedly the best cancer hospital in the US, I just saw a paper they published a few weeks ago about treatment options for Squamous Cell Carcinoma metastasized to the Liver, which is Farrah's cancer.

    I'll post the link soon for anyone who wants to investigate what treatments MD Anderson would do for Farrah's cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  66. ANGEL CHARLIE,
    So sad she did not just stay in Houston,and get strait to A DR, Who would have sent her to MD ANDERSON- It was RYAN who said after she told him she was bleeding, to come home- HOUSTON OFFERED NOTHING FOR RYAN- He needed the spotlight, and Farrah was it. Im sure she was scared , and this was just as she was burying her Mother- Ryan knew he could play the care giver- So bless her heart, Redmond was a mainstay in her life, and instead of packing up ,and bringing Redmond to Her fathers house, oneal said all the right things. Also Farrahs sister was treated at MD and later passed away, WHO KNOWS. LOOKING BACK IT COULD HAVE BEEN SUCH A SIMPLE PATTERN THAT TURNED INTO PUBLIC ENQUIRER MINDS, AND DEALING WITH ALOT OF TRAVEL-Farrah did seem to love her home, as I look back at Alana ,not demanding she stay prior to that one flight to get home from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Angel Charlie, you truly seem to be caring ,and your questions do make me think !
    What if, and what could have been in Farrah's case is now past, yet the questions are just what Farrah would want from you, as I remember looking back in 06, how Farrah was going to seen share beauty secrets,
    and her own way in coping. So until we hear more on Farrah's cancer, being a Cancer I never had heard of and one that has a stigma I think it is great to learn. I again wanted to know what ,why and if any reason Farrah was diagnosed with anal cancer.Can it be caused By sexual act's, and or just a cancer that left a local area of the colon and spread. Then hearing how Ryan is so obsessed with sex, and sadly phone sex- I began to wonder. These are honest questions
    for a serious very frightning Cancer, pardon any Cancer is frightning, but this one is just one I never heard of until Farrah was a class act in admitting to having it. Now this brings me to this question , What do men have to live with if they are diagnosed.
    GET MY POINT-----This is the question's that are most important, first prevention, and then GO AS SOON AS YOU HAVE A GUT FEELING- It was always so sad to me to see the nasty post on youtube, and then the rag mag's calling it anus, anal, and making it look like only dirty nasty people got it- SHAME ON THOSE WHO ENJOYED THE MAKING FUN, THEY WALK ON DANGEROUS TERRITORY.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  68. Angel Charlie, you truly seem to be caring ,and your questions do make me think !
    What if, and what could have been in Farrah's case is now past, yet the questions are just what Farrah would want from you, as I remember looking back in 06, how Farrah was going to seen share beauty secrets,
    and her own way in coping. So until we hear more on Farrah's cancer, being a Cancer I never had heard of and one that has a stigma I think it is great to learn. I again wanted to know what ,why and if any reason Farrah was diagnosed with anal cancer.Can it be caused By sexual act's, and or just a cancer that left a local area of the colon and spread. Then hearing how Ryan is so obsessed with sex, and sadly phone sex- I began to wonder. These are honest questions
    for a serious very frightning Cancer, pardon any Cancer is frightning, but this one is just one I never heard of until Farrah was a class act in admitting to having it. Now this brings me to this question , What do men have to live with if they are diagnosed.
    GET MY POINT-----This is the question's that are most important, first prevention, and then GO AS SOON AS YOU HAVE A GUT FEELING- It was always so sad to me to see the nasty post on youtube, and then the rag mag's calling it anus, anal, and making it look like only dirty nasty people got it- SHAME ON THOSE WHO ENJOYED THE MAKING FUN, THEY WALK ON DANGEROUS TERRITORY.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  69. MD Anderson issued a massive book on oncology in 2006.

    It's called:

    MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology.

    It costs $175 on Amazon.

    There is a section specific to Anal Cancer starting at page 429.

    There's a google books site for online reading.

    You can get cancer anywhere since you have cells everywhere on you body but the most common cancers occur in locations with rapid cell turnover.

    Texboy, you seem to be the expert on her bleeding incident.

    What's the source of your information and what's the extent of what you know?

    ReplyDelete
  70. Anal cancer is most commonly caused by exposure to the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), which I assume comes from sexual activity.

    But Farrah put that gold paint all over her body for her 1997 video and she may have exposed her body to body paint many times.

    I paint cars as a hobby and automotive paint and its associated catalysts and solvents is very toxic.
    It attacks the skin and if you don't wear a charcoal-filter respirator, you'll burn your lungs.

    But human body paint is supposed to be certified non-toxic.
    So was that gold paint non-toxic?
    I have no idea.

    Anal cancer could be caused by defects in the skin or lining cells such as fissures or problems with the tiny blood vessels in the region.

    It's easily detectible by examination since it's in an accesible location.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Somke websites associated with Body Paint safety:

    http://www.acminet.org/Safety.htm
    http://www.astm.org/
    http://naked.wikia.com/wiki/Body_painting
    http://photo.net/nudes/body-paint

    ReplyDelete
  72. So here is a link to a recently publihed MD Anderson article on treatment options for Metastatic Anal Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Farrah's cancer.

    I haven't read it since it's not a free download, but anyone wanting to see if MD Anderson had Farrah's miracle cure can pay for the download ad read the article.


    "Treatment Options in Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Anal Canal"

    Cathy Eng1 and Priyanka Pathak1

    The Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 426, Houston, TX 77030, USA

    Received: 15 October 2008
    Accepted: 20 April 2009
    Published online: 29 May 2009


    http://www.springerlink.com/content/4362g28uh682272l/

    It's not a free download.
    They want money to view the article.

    ReplyDelete
  73. The link to google books site for Chapter 17 of the "MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology."

    Chapter 17 is the section on anal cancer.

    Cathy Eng wrote Chapter 17 as well as the
    "Treatment Options in Metastatic Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Anal Canal" article.

    If Farrah had gone to MD Anderson instead, I bet Cathy Eng would have been her doctor.

    http://books.google.com/books?id=DrNyRkEY8qsC&pg=PA429&dq=MD+Anderson+Manual+of+Medical+Oncology++Chapter+17

    ReplyDelete
  74. I agree with Angel Charlie...this HAS turned into a Ryan and Alana hate blog. Did anyone notice that since this blog began how the number of people commenting has dropped down to about 3, from the hundreds that left messages when it started? The only thing productive that's come are the links to info on cancer Charlie has left. I think the focus needs to be turned from 'what are Ryan and Alana doing every second of every day' to 'what difference in peoples lives has Farrah made--how many lives can we fight to save today?'. I believe THAT is the fight she wanted us to fight...not this one.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  75. One big question is with Brett Hudson being "definitely in the sequel" to Farrah's Story according to O'Neal, and Brett Hudson producing the movie "The Klinik" about his experience as Farrah's "cancer buddy" in the German clinics that he and Farrah attended, is there going to be a merger of the sequel into "The Klinik" or vice versa or will they stay separate with the sequel targeted for TV and "The Klinik" remaining a film or DVD?

    ReplyDelete
  76. Angel Charlie,

    I know only that Ryan said she was in Houston, attending her Mothers burial.
    One of the 2 called the other, and Ryan told Merideth Vera in the NBC interview that she told him she was bleeding.
    Ok this is when he said come home.
    Being her mother passed away in the middle of chasing Farrah it had to have started in 2005, as in one episode MEET THE FAWCETT'S ,Paulene Fawcett passed away. It did not show her death, yet she was fragile and it paid a tribute to her. I can look up her passing date but the year was 05.
    Farrah flew back to Los Angeles, and then Ryan said IN THAT WAY HE SAYS THINGS- Farrah went strait to her Chiorpractor-and ryan said this in the term as if she BLEW IT OFF- BASICLY MEANING She did not want reality that it could be serious. Now in my knowledge until this happened with Farrah it was either colon cancer or hemmorids. I am not sure ,but somehow an active person, always going, playing tennis, ect I kind of ruled out hemmorids.So these are the black areas of her documentary.
    But again these interviews were done in the days to come with the premier of FARRAH'S STORY, Ryan crying, doing his thing. My last post was very colorful on how she contracted it, and it was really a thought as they were known to be violent, then to top this off a young lady had pressed charges on Ryan for said phone sex, and if this was carried out he would buy her a car . This is why I wondered if he played a role in this . I know it is very graphic, yet Ryan had abused her in the past, and then again what some call abuse is just , or becomes a normal way of life.
    THAT IS ALL I KNOW-
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  77. Angel Charlie,
    WOW your amazing, you know way more than I do. I enjoyed the post on the indebth paint ,toxic or not.
    I looked back to that video, and it was alot of some kind of paint,
    and A GOOD QUESTION IS-If it were human paint , would human body paint last on the canvas , and other art formas she applyed it to ? A few of those are stored, and the famous SCRENE WITH THE BUBBLE WRAP PHOTO SESSION IS STILL STORED- So would it have the strength to stay in a lasting no fading, and well preserved condition if it were just body paint. Yes again sadly I saw that theory posted on youtube, and It did make me wonder- plus the only thing I knew Farrah was a fan of that was strong ,would be tequlia.
    OH and Mimi's lame tale on Farrah had her taking a shot from the a Dr. back in 2002- according to that article. Farrah was very tiny,
    and yet very active. She eat well, and I can tell you Greg Lott will agree her receipes were almost as famous as she is in TEXAS- OH and car painting, WAY COOL- That always interested me- WOW !
    Ok so you seem to lean more into this being very dangerous, I agree, and guess that you feel if the body paint was done as far back as 95-6 or-97 it manifested ?
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  78. Farrah's mom died March 4, 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  79. ANGEL MAN---OKKKKKKKKKKK SPILL IT.
    Are you in the medical profesion.
    YOUR HOMEWORK is amazing.
    I will go look- also D- LETTERMAN made several comments on it in the famous EMBANKMENT INTERVIEW- Alot was said in a few words-
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  80. ANGEL CHARLIE,
    I agree, had Farrah stayed and gone direct to MD ANDERSON things might have been different. From what I feel, and have heard so many people do not tell anyone for a long time, out of fear. Had she confided to anyone here in Tx , well it might have played out different- THE ENQUIRER, would have had a heck of a time getting into MD ANDERSON- Plus Alana would have been to concerned over lala land to have ended Farrahs Story like she did- ryan ? well he was never here in Tx much anyway.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  81. Debbie,
    I have played fair in blogging I feel.
    I have just now gone from shock, to wanting to know how she got this form of cancer. YES, I have noticed the drop in post. I do not remember those who posted being a huge amount, considering how MJ'S DEATH stold alot on the day Farrah passed away. Those who posted were fun, and some were just being romantic, and in the LOVE STORY LOOP- Sure even some will go on, and now that THE FARRAH SITE IS NO LONGER OPEN, OR NOTHING BEING SOLD, NO BREAKING NEWS I feel it might be time to stop posting as well. But my post are all about Farrah, and the way she was viewed from Texas, yes and a fan , I have special memories as well. So If we have to post false , pretend , or AS SOME DO BURY THEIR HEADS IN THE SAND , while the crooks screw them over THEN THIS IS NOT FOR ME- When Greg Lott get's home possibly then WE CAN CARRY ON- He has alot to tell. But if you can blame the said last 3 people who posted as being negative - well we are posting on the fight she died fighting, CANCER- So look back , ANGEL CHARLIE has offered alot on CANCER- I am going to read it. BUT TO BE ROMANTIC ,and PSOSTIVE IN EVERY POST- IT IS JUST SILLY FOR ME.
    Do I post how much RYAN LOVED FARRAH- LOLOL----HE ALREADY TOLD US THIS- Do I post HOW FARRAH WAS SEXY ? WE KNEW THIS, DO I POST HOW FARRAH WAS REAL, TOUGH , AND SWEET WE KNOW THIS. So to post about Farrahs cancer we have to get down
    and get to the truth, and hope we can, but as we get down, I feel we have to get dirty, meaning Farrah would go beneath the dirt to find the gold- AS FOR RYAN ,ALANA- We can say they have already shown their own feeling's- A BOOK BY ALANA- RYAN BAWLING, AND EDITING HER LIFE TO SUIT HIS CONTROLLING TEMPERMENTAL WAY HE FELT IT SHOULD BE VIEWED. " NO DEBBIE NO ME- I can be romantic, but I am a realist. So if I am one of the 3 left posting , and I am offending you I apologise-
    TEXBOY--

    ReplyDelete
  82. I won't pay full price for any book; and will do more reading before considering it.

    I have a google search of Farrah's cancer (Metastatic Anal Squamous Cell Carcinoma) and will see what I can find out if I have time. With most cancers, doing a clinical trial often gives the most hope. Most people do not want to do them nor do they know about them; or which trial to do.

    From what someone on a message board I go to looked up about Farrah's cancer, a colostomy would have cured her; but I don't know if that is true.

    As far as body paint.. who knows? Look at people like mechanics, auto body and house painters that could possibly get Leukemia from the products.

    Do anyone know if Farrah supported Stand Up 2 cancer?

    ReplyDelete
  83. texboy do you know Gregg Lott personally?

    ReplyDelete
  84. Nikki, I met him in Austin in
    1999, and have spoke with him over the telephone .
    He left Austin and moved to Lubbock years ago. But Farrah was always in Austin,or Houston and I was introduced in the late 90's at a Houston resturant, Farrah was honestly radiant. She had the most
    unique eyes, and I say this as I had met her on other occasions in the early 90's. I can only say Greg Lott was very kind, a good seeming sole in person. In the last 2 years I could tell a difference in his voice and this was over the telephone.
    I never felt arrogance, or any form of proudness in a stuck up pious way. It all seemed so easy.
    Texboy

    ReplyDelete
  85. Texboy quote:
    "I know only that Ryan said she was in Houston, attending her Mothers burial.
    One of the 2 called the other, and Ryan told Merideth Vera in the NBC interview that she told him she was bleeding.
    Ok this is when he said come home.
    Being her mother passed away in the middle of chasing Farrah it had to have started in 2005, as in one episode MEET THE FAWCETT'S ,Paulene Fawcett passed away. It did not show her death, yet she was fragile and it paid a tribute to her. I can look up her passing date but the year was 05.
    Farrah flew back to Los Angeles, and then Ryan said IN THAT WAY HE SAYS THINGS- Farrah went strait to her Chiorpractor-and ryan said this in the term as if she BLEW IT OFF- BASICLY MEANING She did not want reality that it could be serious."

    So she missed out on the early detection that could have saved her life!

    That's the key message here, if you ever have any kind of anal bleeding, (don't go to a chiropractor), go to a medical professional and get checked out!

    Early Detection is the difference between life and death.

    I don't know what her TNM classification would have been in March 2005, but it certainly would have been much less than her TNM classification in September/October 2006.

    It may have been pre-cancerous in 2005 and only required minor surgery to save her life.

    TNM is the classification system for designating cancer progression (TumorNodeMetastasis).

    I am not a medical professional but I'm sort of a rocket scientist, so I'm not a dummy.

    ReplyDelete
  86. A must read book:

    "The Cancer Treatment Revolution: How Smart Drugs and Other New Therapies are Renewing Our Hope and Changing the Face of Medicine"

    by David G. Nathan

    Here's a google books link for a preview read.
    It does not allow you to read the whole book, but there is still plenty to read.

    http://books.google.com/books?id=VrmCOEmXVBcC&dq=Smart+Drugs&printsec=frontcover&source=in&hl=en&ei=SUI6SvrnEpixtgeQvqHZDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=11



    Book overview
    Praise for The Cancer Treatment Revolution

    "A wonderful journey through modern medical science, told with warmth and insight, brought to life through the stories of people confronting cancer. This book will inspire and educate both laymen and caregivers."
    —Jerome Groopman, M.D., author of The Measure of Our Days and The Anatomy of Hope and Recanati, Professor, Harvard Medical School

    "This is probably the best book on cancer that exists--beautifully written and unfailingly interesting, conveying a clear sense of hope for cancer patients and survivors. Cancer treatment has come a long way but not without intense struggles and passions, which David Nathan narrates from the inside as one of the leading players. He explains cancer more clearly than anyone else, and his portraits of great cancer doctors are sharp and unforgettable, a contribution to history."
    —Richard Preston, author of The Hot Zone and The Demon in the Freezer

    "No one is better positioned to tell the tale of the cancer treatment revolution of the last half century than David Nathan. A brilliant physician-scientist, he has been present at the cusps of history in this life-and-death field. The story he tells here is fascinating, and his book is captivating."
    —Atul Gawande, M.D., author of Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science and Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance and Assistant Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School

    "David Nathan is a true storyteller. In The Cancer Treatment Revolution, he tells stories that bridge cancer patients and cancer research as few others could. These gripping tales will be appreciated by those who live with cancer and those who strive to create new therapies."
    —Thomas Cech, Ph.D., recipient of the 1989 Nobel Prize in Chemistry and President of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute

    "David Nathan, one of the nation's preeminent clinician-scientists, tells the stories of three cancer patients, revealing compelling human facets--the dedication of the remarkable teams that care for these patients and, even more, the bravery and fortitude of the patients and their families."
    —Harold Varmus, M.D., recipient of the 1989 Nobel Prize in Medicine, President of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and former director of the National Institutes of Health

    "Engaged by the compelling triumphs and tragedies of patients whose normal lives are inevitably altered by a life-threatening cancer, the reader of The Cancer Treatment Revolution will easily appreciate the impact of the new cancer diagnostics and therapies compared to even relatively recent cancer treatments."
    —Karen Antman, M.D., Dean, Boston University School of Medicine

    "This personal, highly readable account by one of the leaders of the cancer treatment revolution explains how the revolution has come about and how it will change the future."
    —Sir Paul Nurse, Ph.D., President of Rockefeller University and recipient of the 2001 Nobel Prize in Medicine

    ReplyDelete
  87. Here's an example that shows genetically profiling Farrah's cancer may not be a simple test at all. So we can't just beat up Dr. Piro.


    http://www.asco.org/ASCOv2/Meetings/Abstracts?&vmview=abst_detail_view&confID=55&abstractID=31302


    EGFR and K-RAS gene status evaluation in anal canal squamous cell carcinoma.

    Sub-category:
    Other: Gastrointestinal (noncolorectal) Cancer


    Category:
    Gastrointestinal (Noncolorectal) Cancer


    Meeting:
    2008 ASCO Annual Meeting


    Abstract No:
    15569


    Citation:
    J Clin Oncol 26: 2008 (May 20 suppl; abstr 15569)


    Author(s):
    N. Van Damme, N. Van Roy, F. Speleman, A. Bols, J. Van Dorpe, P. Pauwels, M. Peeters

    Abstract:


    Background:

    Mutations affecting the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene and the K-RAS gene have been identified in a variety of human solid tumours and have been validated as promising therapeutic targets.

    Approximately 85% of non small-cell lung cancer patients, who responded to gefinitib or erlotinib, have somatic mutations in the EGFR gene (exons 18-21) and for metastatic colorectal cancer patients, wild-type K-RAS is required for responsiveness to panitumumab.

    In squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal however, the EGFR and K-RAS gene status has not systematically been investigated.

    Patients and Methods:

    In this study, 30 primary squamous cell carcinomas of the anal canal were investigated.

    The panel consisted of twenty men and 10 women with a median age of 60.5 years (range: 34-86 years).

    The formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissues were immunohistochemically (ICH) examined for EGFR expression (Zymed Laboratories) and analysed by fluorescence in situ hybridisation (FISH) for EGFR gene copy numbers.

    Furthermore, EGFR and K-RAS mutation analysis was performed on DNA isolated from formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissues.

    EGFR mutation analysis was carried out using exons 18 through 21 specific primers.

    For K-RAS, exon 2 was analysed for the presence of mutations.

    Results: EGFR immunoreactivity was detected in 27 of 29 (93%) tumours.

    One tumour yielded no conclusive results.

    Nineteen (65%) cases exhibited a moderate (2+) or strong (3+) staining intensity.

    FISH results were not interpretable in 18 (60%) cases.

    Of the remaining 12 cases, none showed EGFR gene amplification.

    Mutation analysis was performed on 20 samples, but no mutations could be identified in the kinase domain of the EGFR gene nor in the K-RAS gene.

    Conclusion:

    In our panel of squamous cell carcinoma of the anal canal, all samples showed a strong EGFR protein expression as evaluated by IHC.

    However, no EGFR gene amplification nor EGFR and K-RAS mutation could be identified.

    ReplyDelete
  88. In case you want to know what K-RAS is.

    K-ras

    The ras family of oncogenes is constituted of three principal members - K-ras, H-ras and N-ras - all of which have been implicated in the development of human malignancies.

    The K-ras oncogene resides on chromosome 12p12, and encodes a 21-kD protein (p21ras) involved in the G-protein signal transduction pathway, modulating cellular proliferation and differentiation.


    Mutations of the K-ras oncogene result in constitutive activation of this signal transduction pathway and consequently, unregulated proliferation and impaired differentiation.

    Activating K-ras mutations are present in greater than 50% of colorectal adenomas and carcinomas, and the vast majority occur at codon 12 of the oncogene.

    K-ras abnormalities are one of the earliest events in the stepwise progression of colorectal neoplasms, being detectable even in histologically unremarkable epithelium and aberrant crypt foci adjacent to cancers.

    The clinical significance of K-ras mutations is somewhat controversial, although some studies have shown lower median survival times in patients with mutation-positive tumors.

    Amongst other gastrointestinal malignancies, K-ras mutations are one of the most common genetic abnormalities in pancreatic and bile duct carcinomas, detectable in greater than 75% of tumors.

    K-ras mutations are also frequent in adenocarcinomas of the lung, but are uncommon in other histologic subtypes.

    In limited stage adenocarcinomas, the presence of K-ras mutation is independently associated with more aggressive disease and decreased patient survival.

    Amongst the gynecological malignancies, endometrial carcinomas harbor K-ras mutations in up to a third of cases; in postmenopausal women with endometrial carcinomas, K-ras mutations appear to be an independent risk factor for adverse prognosis.

    Some studies have suggested that the presence of K-ras mutations in endometrial hyperplasia specimens may identify a group of patients with a high probability for progression.

    An immunohistochemical assay for detecting the levels of mutant K-ras protein p21ras in archival tissue specimens has become available only recently, and studies with this antibody are still in their infancy.

    Like p53, the accumulation of intratumoral cytoplasmic p21ras correlates in most instances with an underlying K-ras gene mutation.

    Hopefully, retrospective and prospective studies with the p21ras antibody will validate the utility of this assay for prognostication purposes, besides bypassing the future need for performing expensive genetic analyses to establish K-ras mutation status.

    http://www.oncodx.org/onco/kras.htm

    ReplyDelete
  89. But this is what cancer is, too: Oncogenes like K-RAS

    KRAS
    From Wikipedia

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KRAS

    V-Ki-ras2 Kirsten rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog also known as KRAS is a protein which in humans is encoded by the KRAS gene.

    Like other members of the Ras family, the KRAS protein is a GTPase and is an early player in many signal transduction pathways.

    KRAS is usually tethered to cell membranes due to the presence of an isoprenyl group on its C-terminus.

    While the protein product of the unmutated KRAS gene performs an essential function in normal tissue signaling, mutated KRAS genes are potent oncogenes that play a role in many cancers.

    Function
    KRAS acts as a molecular on/off switch, once it is turned on it recruits and activates proteins necessary for the propagation of growth factor and other receptors' signal, such as c-Raf and PI 3-kinase.

    KRAS binds to GTP in the active state and possesses an intrinsic enzymatic activity which cleaves the terminal phosphate of the nucleotide converting it to GDP.

    Upon conversion of GTP to GDP, KRAS is turned off.

    The rate of conversion is usually slow but can be sped up dramatically by an accessory protein of the GTPase activating protein (GAP) class, for example RasGAP.

    In turn KRAS can bind to proteins of the Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor (GEF) class, for example SOS1, which forces the release of bound nucleotide.

    Subsequently, the unbound HRAS is released from the GEF and quickly re-binds available GTP or GDP present in the cytosol.

    Since GTP is substantially more abundant than GDP, this usually results in HRAS activation.

    Other members of the Ras family include: HRAS, RRAS and NRAS.

    These proteins all are regulated in the same manner and appear to differ largely in their sites of action within the cell.


    Clinical significance
    This gene is a Kirsten ras oncogene homolog from the mammalian ras gene family.

    A single amino acid substitution is responsible for an activating mutation.

    The transforming protein that results is implicated in various malignancies, including lung adenocarcinoma, mucinous adenoma, ductal carcinoma of the pancreas and colorectal carcinoma.

    Several germline KRAS mutations have been found to be associated with Noonan syndrome and cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome.

    Somatic KRAS mutations are found at high rates in Leukemias, colon cancer, pancreatic cancer and lung cancer.

    KRAS mutation is predictive of response to panitumumab and cetuximab therapy in colorectal cancer.

    Currently, the most reliable way to predict whether a colorectal cancer patient will respond to one of the EGFR-inhibiting drugs is to test for certain “activating” mutations in the gene that encodes KRAS—a protein that transmits growth signals from EGFR—which occur in 30%-40% of colorectal cancers.

    Studies show patients whose tumors express the mutated version of the KRAS gene will not respond to Erbitux or Vectibix; however, having the wild-type (or normal)

    KRAS gene does not guarantee these drugs will work in every patient.


    KRAS mutational analysis is commercially available from a number of laboratories

    ReplyDelete
  90. They do test for K-RAS mutations in the US.

    http://pages.labcorp-marketing.com/KRASInfoandForm/

    KRAS Mutation Testing
    From LabCorp

    KRAS mutations are found in 35% to 45% of patients with colorectal cancer.

    LabCorp's KRAS mutation test helps physicians know whether these patients are likely to benefit from therapies such as Erbitux® and Vectibix®.

    Studies have shown that the normal form of the KRAS gene is associated with response
    to these therapies, while patients with a mutated KRAS gene are less likely to
    respond.

    Recently, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) have recommended that patients with metastatic (advanced) colorectal cancer should receive KRAS mutation testing.

    Understanding the patient's likely response to drug therapy is important in the selection of appropriate treatments for
    individual patients.

    ReplyDelete
  91. What Causes Anal Cancer?

    http://www.caring4cancer.com/go/anal/basics/what-causes-anal-cancer.htm

    In general, cancer begins when a genetic mutation (change in certain genes) turns normal healthy cells into abnormal cells.

    Healthy cells grow and multiply at a set rate and eventually die at a set time.

    Abnormal cells grow and multiply out of control, and they do not die.

    The abnormal cells clump together to create a mass (tumor).

    Cancer cells invade nearby tissues and can separate from an initial tumor to spread to other parts of the body (metastasize).

    Doctors do not know what causes the genetic mutation that triggers the development of anal cancer.

    The exact cause of most anal cancers is not known, but many doctors believe that infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV) causes many cases of anal cancer.

    Good evidence shows that HPV causes many squamous cell anal carcinomas and cloacogenic anal carcinomas.

    But researchers are less sure that this virus causes anal adenocarcinomas.

    Scientists have found more than 100 types of HPV.

    One type, HPV-16, is often found in anal squamous cell carcinoma and some anal warts.

    Some scientists also believe that human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which causes AIDS, plays a role in anal cancer.

    This virus weakens the body's immune system, which normally helps fight infections.

    In people with HIV, viruses such as HPV can become more active and trigger the development of anal cancer.

    Smoking seems to play a role in the development of anal cancer.

    The lungs absorb the cancer-causing chemicals in tobacco smoke and can spread these chemicals through the bloodstream to the rest of the body.

    Many studies have found an increased rate of anal cancer in smokers.

    This content has been reviewed and approved by Myo Thant, MD.

    ReplyDelete
  92. What Causes Anal Cancer?

    http://www.caring4cancer.com/go/anal/basics/what-causes-anal-cancer.htm

    Risk Factors for Anal Cancer

    Doctors and researchers believe that certain factors, known as risk factors, increase a person’s chances of getting anal cancer.

    However, not everyone with a risk factor will develop anal cancer and people without any risk factors can develop the disease.

    Risk factors for anal cancer include:

    • Age - Most cases of anal cancer are diagnosed in people between the ages of 50 and 80.
    • Anal fistula - An anal fistula is an abnormal tunnel between the anal canal and the outer skin of the anus. This tunnel often drains pus or liquid, which can soil or stain your clothing. An anal fistula can irritate the outer tissues of the anus or make you uncomfortable. It can increase the risk of developing anal cancer.
    • Anal irritation - Frequent redness, swelling, and soreness around the anus can increase the risk of developing anal cancer.
    • Gender - Women have a higher risk of anal cancer than men.
    • Immune suppression - People with low immunity, such as people with HIV (the virus that causes AIDS) and those who take drugs to suppress their immune systems (such as people who have had an organ transplant), have an increased risk of anal cancer. Treatment for HIV does not seem to reduce the risk of anal cancer in people infected with HIV.
    • Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection - Most doctors believe that HPV causes squamous cell anal cancer and cervical cancer. There are several types of HPV; the type that is most likely to cause anal cancer is called HPV-16. This virus is usually passed from person to person by sexual contact. It is more common in people who have had many sex partners or who have had anal sex. Some of the many types or strains of HPV are more strongly associated with anal cancer than others. One sign of HPV infection is genital or venereal warts (condylomas), which are caused by HPV. HPV can make cells in the anus look abnormal (anal squamous intraepithelial lesions, or ASIL). The abnormal cells associated with ASIL are not cancerous but they can turn into anal cancer. However, some people with ASIL never get anal cancer.
    • Race - White people in the United States are much more likely than African Americans to be diagnosed with anal cancer.
    • Sexual activity - People who have had many sexual partners over their lifetime have a higher risk of anal cancer. In addition, men and women who have had anal intercourse, especially if they were younger than 30, are more likely to get anal cancer.
    • Smoking - People who smoke are about four times more likely to get anal cancer than people who do not smoke. The risk of anal cancer increases with the number of cigarettes smoked per day and the number of years that a person has been smoking. Quitting smoking can reduce the risk; people who used to smoke but have quit are only slightly more likely to develop anal cancer than people who have never smoked.

    This content has been reviewed and approved by Myo Thant, MD.

    ReplyDelete
  93. ANGEL CHARLIE,
    Amazing, I am bookmarking and will read these articles.
    I think you ae great to share this.
    I feel ok in asking what your take is on the way American doctors are getting the flack, ok and do you think Farrah made a terrible mistake in taking Germany. In one post a colostomy was brought up by someone, yet Farrah did not want that rout. Will you be honest and tell me what you truly think about Farrahs decesion's, as I was always confused by 2 teams in a way NOT agreeing ,and even if they did How could it be possible with a posotive outcome ? Am I seeing the picture that Dr Piro, and a colostomy would have been the rout.
    I HAVE READ MANY COMMENTS ON OTHER BLOGS SUGGEST THIS -
    I AM GOING TO READ THE ARTICLES.
    THANK YOU
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  94. More about:

    The Cancer Treatment Revolution

    Since the mid-1950s, when he witnessed some of the first patient experiments using combination chemotherapy, David G. Nathan, MD, has played a pivotal role in the dramatic history of cancer care and research.

    Now, Nathan — an acclaimed pediatric hematologist who served as Dana-Farber's president from 1995 to 2000 and has long been affiliated with Children's Hospital Boston — recounts that history's triumphs and struggles in a book called The Cancer Treatment Revolution: How Smart Drugs and Other New Therapies Are Renewing Our Hope and Changing the Face of Medicine.

    Published in March by John Wiley & Sons, the work recounts the stories of three patients with invasive cancers treated at Dana-Farber and its partners in care: Mario, a 19-month-old boy diagnosed with leukemia; Joan, a 62-year-old woman facing metastatic breast cancer; and Ken, a 48-year-old who endured multiple clinical trials for gastrointestinal stromal tumor before his death in 2005.

    The pages are peppered with the insights of current and former Dana-Farber physicians, researchers, and other staff members.

    http://www.dana-farber.org/abo/news/the-cancer-treatment-revolution/

    ReplyDelete
  95. What is Cancer?

    Cancer is a group of diseases characterized by either the runaway growth of cells or the failure of cells to die normally.

    Often, cancer cells spread to distant parts of the body, where they can form new tumors.

    Cancer can arise in any organ of the body and strikes one of every two American men and one of every three American women at some point in their lives.

    Each year, nearly 1.4 million new cases of cancer are diagnosed in the United States, a figure that does not include the 900,000 cases of skin cancer diagnosed annually.

    Cancer is the second leading cause of death (after heart disease) in the United States, accounting for 560,000 deaths every year.

    There are more than 100 different varieties of cancer, which can be divided into six major categories.

    Carcinomas, the most common type of cancer, originate in tissues that cover a surface or line a cavity of the body.

    Sarcomas begin in tissue that connects, supports or surrounds other tissues and organs.

    Lymphomas are cancers of the lymph system, the circulatory system that bathes and cleanses the body's cells.

    Leukemias involve blood-forming tissues and blood cells.

    As their name indicates, brain tumors are cancers that begin in the brain, and skin cancers, including dangerous melanomas, originate in the skin.

    Cancers are considered metastatic if they spread via the blood or lymphatic system to other parts of the body to form secondary tumors.

    Cancer is caused by a series of mutations, or alterations, in genes that control cells' ability to grow and divide.

    Some mutations are inherited; others arise from environmental factors such as smoking

    or exposure to chemicals,

    radiation, or viruses that damage cells' DNA.

    The mutations cause cells to divide relentlessly or lose their normal ability to die.

    Despite the fact that the cancer mortality rate in the U.S. has risen steadily for the past 50 years, scientific advances appear to have begun to turn the tide.

    1997 was the first year in the past half century in which fewer Americans died of cancer than the year before-the start of what researchers hope will be a long-term decline in cancer deaths.

    http://www.dana-farber.org/can/what/default.html

    ReplyDelete
  96. If you read Chapter 17 of the MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology, it reads like MD Anderson would have treated Farrah's cancer similarly to what UCLA did.
    The protocol for anal cancer treatment is combined chemoradiation which Chapter 17 describes.
    If that fails and recurrence occurs, then Chapter 17 describes what it calls "Salvage" treatment, which is the colostomy surgery. It's also called APR which is a resection surgery which removes the anal sphincter and part of the colon/rectum and replaces it with the colostomy.
    That'd be the end of her acting career most likely, but she could have stayed being a sculptor and painter.
    The reason why the colostomy would not have saved her was because the cancer had already spread to her liver when UCLA detected the recurrence in May 2007.
    A colostomy is not the end of life.
    My mother has a friend who had a colostomy.

    ReplyDelete
  97. When you're Stage 4, it's time to focus on genetic profiling and smart drugs that attack the mutations.

    The David Nathan books talks about finding the one or two "Achilles' Heel" mutations in the collection of mutations found in the cancer and attack them, since there are always one or two mutations that the cancer cannot survive without.

    The Germans are doing research in that area as is the US.

    I don't know exactly what treatments she received from the Germans and I'm not a medical professional.

    But it seems like all the Germans were doing were buying here some time with the hyperthermia treatments, which were done in Frankfurt by Dr. Vogl and not Klinik im Alpenpark which is south of Munich where Dr. Jacob is.

    Farrah's story really did not explain what treatments Farrah received from Dr. Jacob.

    I don't know if she received any targeted chemotherapy from Dr. Jacob, although news reports said she was taking chemo in 2009 which she quit after 4 days, and Brett Hudson's blog seemed to say that was the German chemo that he was taking too.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Charlie Rose has done some interviews involving cancer.
    Here's a link to those videos.

    One of them is called "Cancer. What's Next?" in 2007.
    Dr. Nathan and several other cancer specialists are in the video.

    http://www.charlierose.com/search/?text=cancer

    ReplyDelete
  99. Here's the link to the ABC News video on Youtube on their "Personalized Cancer Care" report. It shows the promise of smart drug targeted chemotherapy and genetic profiling.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyTda9hWmwU

    The women in the video who finds her miracle cure is Linnea Duff.

    I was hoping that Farrah would be the next Linnea Duff.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Here's the link to Brett Hudson's Cancer Blog.

    He's Farrah's "cancer buddy."

    http://www.theklinikmovie.com/Klinik/Bretts_Blog/Archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  101. Link to Klinik im Alpenpark

    http://www.klinik-alpenpark.de/

    ReplyDelete
  102. Link to Leonardis clinic in Germany

    http://www.leonardis-klinik.de/

    ReplyDelete
  103. Angel Charlie,
    Yes I thought I read of the 4 treatments she took in 09 and quit.
    That must have been terrible, as Farrah seemed to take pain alot better than I could, or even imagine.
    I got confused on that area. I need to read more on Brett, and how he is doing.
    I am going now to read your post.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  104. Angel Charlie,
    Ok i now see thanks to you BRETT'S BLOG.
    Going to look and see just what he has done, and is doing. WOW !
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  105. ANGEL CHARLIE,
    Ok in that one scene where ,after
    Farrah was so sick and throwing up,
    It showed that nurse fanning her with a towell, and a hose was either being used to blow air to cool her body- As I think she was saying she was so hot- I am not posotive but it sounds like she is saying this, HOT, and I cant breathe- Can you tell me if you saw or understood this . That hose was strange to me.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  106. This is a non medical person taking notes from a speech by Dr. Jacob.
    This is part 1 of 3.

    http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/drurjaalpakl.html

    Our main speaker for the evening was Dr. Ursula Jacob of Germany.
    She is no longer at the Leonardis Klinik.

    Presently she is at the Klinik in Alpenpark. Her email: jacob.ursula@yahoo.de and her telephone number is 08022 846430.
    She is the medical director at Alpenpark, located in view of the Austrian Alps.

    Psoralen is an ancient Egyptian substance found by the Nile River.
    It has the same effects of St. John’s Wort but with less side effects.
    An oral dose of psoralen plus the application of UVA light (PUVA this is called) is used for burns and skin cancers.

    At the clinic, blood is separated red from white cells in order to use the white cells to boost immunity.
    The white blood cells are treated with methoxsalen and exposed to UVA light, then the red blood cells are added back.

    Methoxsalen (8-MOP) and UVA light affect cells at the molecular level. 8-MOP localizes in cells and aids in autoimmune diseases like Hepatitis C.
    Photo-activated (UVA light) methoxsalen damages cell membranes and DNA, which is believed to result in cell death (apoptosis). Cancer cells do not have the same programmed-in cell death, so this method will help rid the body of cancer cells by getting them to self-destroy.
    White cells can then eat damaged cells in the process called phagocytosis.
    P53 is the first gene noted that prevents tumor cell death.

    Vaccines can produce apoptosis.

    At the clinic a patient’s blood is assessed to determine genetic risk assessment and what conventional, complementary or alternative substances will work for that patient in particular.
    One treatment does not work for everyone and a particular combination of treatments is determined that works best for each person.

    This is very different from the more rigid protocols used in the U.S. Radiotherapy and chemotherapy can create resistant cells.
    If the program is targeted, it leaves the rest of the body alone, and just goes after tumors, increasing a patient’s quality of life.

    Testing at the clinic can show how resistant cancer is for treatment and reduces unsuccessful treatments while locating new targets for therapy.
    Gene, vaccine and immunotherapies are used. Gene therapy cuts out the bad genes from tumor cells.

    ReplyDelete
  107. This is a non medical person taking notes from a speech by Dr. Jacob.
    This is part 2 of 3, make that 4 or 5

    http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/drurjaalpakl.html

    Vaccines are made from the patient’s blood and now from the patient’s own cancer cells and combined with the patient’s cells.

    Prostate cancer is sensitive to PSA.
    There are antibody vaccines for PSA and this method is used in some New York City clinics.

    New testing can show how aggressive the cancer is.
    Finding out how much of the MDR1 gene is in a tumor allows Dr. Jacob to determine if the therapy is working or not.
    If the therapy is not working there is a high amount of MDR1 and the tumor is getting aggressive.

    Present screenings are unable to detect minimal residual disease and present treatment makes it hard to eliminate disseminated tumor cells or tumor stem cells that spread and duplicate.
    It is difficult to keep cancer cells from spreading.
    Tumor stem cells are found in bone marrow.

    Tumor stem cell markers are CD133 and CD144. New molecular or cellular assays are used, flow cytometry and cytogenetics.
    BRCA1 and BRCA2 are genes in the role of developing breast cancer which is familial.

    Targeted therapies:
    • Hormone (estrogen) inhibitors
    • Farnesyl transferase inhibitors
    • Antibody therapy
    • New inhibitors for signal transduction pathway
    • Inhibitors of angiogenesis (targeting only cancer cells)

    Shark cartilage can be used to stop tumor growth. 740 mg. is used twice a day, each day.

    Cat’s claw herb is used at 600 mg. twice a day, each day.

    New research shows that a patient’s own stem cells can get loaded with anti-tumor substances.
    The patient’s stem cells can differentiate to become other cells needed to regenerate tissues.
    Adult stem cells from bone marrow are used rather than embryonic stem cells.
    Israel, China and Russia are experimenting with embryonic stem cells with very good results.
    A protein was found that protects people from cancer.
    This protein has been isolated and added to a culture of embryonic stem cells and tumor cells.
    The tumor cells get marked and the immune cells go to destroy it. No side effects.

    “Armed” stem cells are modified with genes that have anti-tumor effects.
    Stem cells kill cancer cells or lead them to cell death as well as regenerate damaged tissue.
    Stem cell therapy is most promising.
    It reduces the risk of cancer spreading, costs less than chemo, and damages only the cancer.

    There have been stem cell trials with leukemia and a vaccine for lymphoma.
    Antibody therapy has been used for thyroid and small cell lung cancer.
    Mistletoe (Iscador) also works with those as well, said Dr. Jacob.

    Dr. Jacob advises that your urine pH should be 7 or higher or you should alkalinize your body.
    She does not use hydrogen peroxide intravenously, but Dr. Michael Schachter in Suffern does with a low dose.
    She recommends the Budwig cottage cheese plus fax oil combination mentioned in a previous email.
    She also recommends the Gerson diet because it has shown good results in many cases.

    ReplyDelete
  108. This is a non medical person taking notes from a speech by Dr. Jacob.
    This is part 3.

    http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/drurjaalpakl.html

    KIMUN ® is an amino acid food supplement with arginine, glutamine, glycine and lysine.
    A preventative dose would be one tablet or capsule a day.
    If you have the flu use five a day.
    This is good for chronic fatigue, chronic infection, anti-aging, and to boost immunity after chemo and radiation.
    KIMUN ® stimulates lymph nodes in the intestines where a vast majority of your immune system resides a.k.a. GALT (gut associated lymph tissues).

    Liver and spleen peptides are referred to as biological response modifiers (BRM).
    These peptides have been used in clinical studies for cancers of the prostate, breast, ovaries, and digestive system.
    Results showed a better quality of life as seen in a reduction of anemia and less gastrointestinal upset.

    Thymus peptides given to patients with chemotherapy and radiation have resulted in a significant improvement of cellular immune response and better quality of life.
    Thymus peptide therapy is also used for prevention for older people with immune compromised conditions.

    I also attended the meeting of the Faithful Servant Cancer Support Group in Basking Ridge where Dr. Jacob spoke two days before and received the following information. – Susan

    Dr. Jacob uses the sodium selenite form of selenium.
    Note that you cannot take selenium at the same time as vitamin C.
    She recommends taking them on separate days. Do not take more than 400-800 mcg. of selenium.
    Most patients get 300 mcg.
    For prevention, 100-200 mcg. is sufficient.
    If you take too much you will smell like garlic and have concentration problems.

    Low selenium levels increase cancer mortality.

    Interleuken II receptors are always low in cancer patients.
    Selenium improves these levels.
    Mistletoe and thymus may not be needed if selenium is used.

    Mercury from dental fillings settles in white matter in the brain and can cause Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s as well as messing up metabolism.
    Heavy metals and viruses can be detoxed with the use of selenium.
    Cancer patients have increased viruses and heavy metal toxicity.
    Epstein Barr virus can cause lymphoma.

    One third of all malignant tumors is caused by hepatic (liver) lesions.
    Liver cancer can lead to colorectal cancer a few years later.
    A hepatic lectin blockade is used to prevent metastases.

    Cancer in Japan is being found in younger people than ever before and is getting more aggressive.
    The increase of pollution in Japan is being blamed.
    Areas that have more microwaves have more cancers.

    Dr. Jacob warns against cell phone radiation and expects an increase in brain tumors.
    (An Australian news story noted a 40% increase in brain tumors in children in Australia. Children are most vulnerable. Their brains are still growing.)

    Therapies destroy beneficial bowel bacteria. Always check bowel flora and that the bowels are moving during therapy.

    Arabinoglactan fiber is helpful at increasing bifidobacteria and lactobacillus bacteria.
    It also stimulates while blood cells and activates macrophages.
    Arabinoglactan blocks the mechanism of hepatic metastases.

    Galasyn ® is a brand of arabinoglactan as a powder with orange flavor.
    It seems to have some effect at preventing lung metastases.

    Coal tar in hair color is a leading cause of breast cancer.
    Hair dressing products have heavy metals in them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  109. This is a non medical person taking notes from a speech by Dr. Jacob.
    This is part 4.

    http://www.annieappleseedproject.org/drurjaalpakl.html

    Dr. Jacob recommends that cancer patients do NOT use white sugar or brown sugar.
    Use fruit sugars (fructose) or an extract of fruit sugars. (Someone mentioned agave.
    It is still a sugar, but the glycemic index is lower than other nutritive sweeteners and it goes into the bloodstream slower – no sugar spike. You might want to try stevia.)

    Cancer cells can contain lead and/or mercury. Heavy metals are in all mercury amalgam (silver) fillings and can also be in the matrix of porcelain fillings.
    Gold may not be safe for you personally either.
    It is not good to have two different metals in the mouth.
    Consult a holistic dentist if this is a concern of yours.

    EDTA is used to chelate mercury and to rid atherosclerosis plaque from the veins. Chlorella, seaweed and selenium are good also. Urine and plasma levels are checked for heavy metals.
    (In the U.S., chelation can only legally be used to chelate lead.)

    Respectfully submitted,
    Susan B.

    The End

    ReplyDelete
  110. Part 1 Farrah Fawcett's German Cancer Care

    http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20090515/farrah-fawcetts-german-cancer-care

    Farrah Fawcett's German Cancer Care
    Actress, Ill With Anal Cancer, Had Treatment in Germany That's Not Approved in U.S.
    By Miranda Hitti
    WebMD Health News
    Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD
    May 15, 2009 -- Actress Farrah Fawcett's fight against anal cancer has included treatments in Germany that aren't approved in the U.S., sparking debate about cancer patients' options when they want more than what's approved by the FDA.
    Fawcett, 62, was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006.
    Fawcett is "doing very well right now," Fawcett's doctor, Lawrence Piro, MD, told NBC's Today show.
    "She's obviously having a lot of side effects that come with cancer and come with cancer chemotherapy. And she's weak and she's spending a lot of time in bed and resting. But overall, she's in good spirits and she certainly still has her characteristic sense of humor, which is helping her get through all of this," said Piro, who is the president and CEO of The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute in Los Angeles.
    Apart from her U.S. treatment, Fawcett has traveled to Germany six times seeking cancer treatment, actor Ryan O'Neal -- Fawcett's partner and the father of her son, Redmond -- recently told People.
    Treatments in Germany
    Ursula Jacob of Germany's Alpenpark Clinic has treated Fawcett.
    In an interview with Access Hollywood, Jacob says that, in Germany, Fawcett was given "natural supplements and also immune treatments" that were tailored to her specific case.
    Those treatments improved Fawcett's quality of life and "the tumor shrank in size and also the mass of the tumor shrank," Jacob said. "For a long time, two-and-a-half years, she was in really good shape."
    Jacob recently flew to California to see Fawcett, but says she can't give Fawcett the care she got in Germany while Fawcett is in the U.S., because those treatments aren't FDA approved.
    The treatments, which Jacob didn't describe in detail, are "normal" in Europe, Jacob says.
    Fawcett's friend, Alana Stewart, told the Access Hollywood reporter that Jacob was there "more to be a friend and a support to Farrah than to give treatments.
    She's under treatment by her American doctors."

    ReplyDelete
  111. Part 2 Farrah Fawcett's German Cancer Care

    http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20090515/farrah-fawcetts-german-cancer-care

    Surgeon's View

    Laurence R. Sands, MD, is associate professor of surgery and chief of colorectal surgery at the University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.

    He treats many anal cancer patients but isn't one of Fawcett's doctors.

    Sands says some of his anal cancer patients have expressed interest in going to Europe to get mistletoe and other herbal treatments touted as boosting the immune system.

    The theory, Sands says, is "if you bolster the immune system and make it vibrant, then you can kill off cancer cells."

    But Sands says that approach doesn't have solid scientific proof.

    "It's really based mostly in theory more than in science."

    Sands says he tells his patients that such treatments shouldn't be used instead of standard medical treatments -- in the case of anal cancer, that's chemotherapy and radiation, and surgery if chemotherapy and radiation aren't enough.

    Sands says he isn't against other treatments being used in addition to standard medical therapy, and he urges patients to talk it over with their mainstream doctors.

    Some of his patients have shown him the herbal treatments they've been given to check if there might be a conflict with their standard treatment.

    Sands says he generally hasn't seen troublesome ingredients but says some ingredients could make bleeding more likely, and he would discourage the use of those ingredients.

    Overall, Sands says his patients haven't shown him products "that should be particularly detrimental; I just don't know how helpful it really is."

    ReplyDelete
  112. Part 3 Farrah Fawcett's German Cancer Care

    http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20090515/farrah-fawcetts-german-cancer-care

    Suggestions for Patients
    Michael Fisch, MD, MPH, directs the general oncology program at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
    He isn't one of Fawcett's doctors, but he sees many patients with advanced cancer.
    Here are Fisch's suggestions for patients with advanced cancer who are disappointed with their treatment options:
    • Define and prioritize your goals.
    "What is it that you really want?" asks Fisch, noting that many patients have more than one goal -- like having hope for a new treatment, having less pain and better quality of life, and also not wiping out their family's financial resources.
    "If they just pick one goal and go after it, they might find that the other goals that weren't explicit get lost [by] the wayside."
    • Talk about your goals with your doctor.
    "It doesn't mean you have to ask permission from your doctor to go to some other country," Fisch says.
    But do listen to their perspective, ask what else you need to consider, and, if you do go forward, you'll need a copy of your health records.
    • Don't take good care for granted.
    The U.S. health care system has a lot of safety checks in place for patients, and not all countries match that.
    "We're not the only country that does research and can do good patient care. It's not an arrogant statement," says Fisch.
    "It's just [that] you have to ask the question, 'What are all the ingredients that make this go well and are those ingredients there" in the overseas facility you're considering.
    "It's more than just the doctor or the drug," Fisch says. There's a whole bunch of other things that make excellent care and hopeful care for the kind of goals you might have.
    • Consider your own backyard.
    Fisch points out that M.D. Anderson Cancer Center and other academic centers in the U.S. conduct clinical trials of new drugs and have mind-body and other programs. "Going far, far away and trying something unproven is not the only angle towards a hopeful result," Fisch says.
    • Recognize your vulnerability.
    "If you have advanced cancer, and people don't think they can shrink or cure it with existing treatments, you're vulnerable" to possible exploitation, Fisch says.
    That doesn't mean that every potential therapy is bogus.
    "Your hope for a miracle or hope for a cure might lead people to ask you to take treatments that are very expensive or very inconvenient or have a very, very improbable chance of helping you."
    His advice: Share your thoughts with other people, including health care professionals, who can help you weigh your choices.

    Cancer Care Options
    Every country sets its own standards for medical care.
    In the U.S., the FDA is the authority that approves drugs and other medical treatments.
    Clinical trials of experimental drugs may be another option for cancer patients.
    The National Cancer Institute has a searchable database of more than 8,000 clinical trials.
    Many cancer patients are also interested in complementary or alternative treatments.
    Complementary medicine is used with conventional medicine; alternative medicine is used in place of conventional medicine, according to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM).
    Complementary and alternative treatments come in many forms, including acupuncture, dietary supplements, herbal products, and special diets.
    The NCCAM recommends that anyone considering complementary or alternative medicine should first talk with their doctors and carefully research the therapy and its practitioners.
    Resources include:
    • For basic information on therapies, visit the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine's web site and click on "health information."
    • For information on dietary supplements, visit the web site of the National Institute of Health's Office of Dietary Supplements.
    • For tips on spotting cancer treatment scams, visit the Federal Trade Commission's web site.

    ReplyDelete
  113. "In an interview with Access Hollywood, Jacob says that, in Germany, Fawcett was given "natural supplements and also immune treatments" that were tailored to her specific case."

    That does not appear to be smart drug targeted chemotherapy, so it's unlikely that she received "lifesaving treatments" from Dr. Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  114. I watched Farrah's Story again and noted what it said about her treatments.

    First german trip
    Meets with Dr. Jacob
    Prognosis not good

    Flies to Franfurt - papparazzi waiting
    Remove primary tumor - Kiehling
    Dr. Vogl Goethe University
    embolism and profusion - direct application of chemo to liver and cutoff of blood supply - needles
    Lots of vomiting

    Tumors reduced feeling good

    Trip 2
    Laser used for hyperthermia treatment on liver tumors
    More needles into the liver.
    She leaves early – has pain in flight home


    Trip 3 ?
    January 2008 Vogl says she’s tumor free
    Birthday Party Feb 2008

    Back home – feeling best in 5 years
    New Phase of Chemo, pill organizer scene – Piro and Jacob working together

    Mexican trip

    Cancer comes back again.
    Angeles clinic PET scan - new tumors
    Bleeding from new tumors

    Back to Germany – more surgeries, more Vogl
    Stayed there 5 weeks
    Rained all the time.
    Crying about the rain drops in Heaven

    Hope of advanced treatment in LA
    City of Hope cancer treatment August 2008
    a new type of chemo
    Might be miracle
    Day long treatment - can’t find a vein

    Then clinical trial that didn’t work

    Then chemo that takes her hair.
    December 2008 - new chemo that took her hair supposedly reducing her tumors.

    New scans by Feb 2009 - none of the experimental treatments in the US worked

    Feb 2009 back to Germany
    More surgeries - no details

    Back home - hematoma, a fews days at St. John's hospital

    ReplyDelete
  115. "ANGEL CHARLIE,
    Ok in that one scene where ,after
    Farrah was so sick and throwing up,
    It showed that nurse fanning her with a towell, and a hose was either being used to blow air to cool her body- As I think she was saying she was so hot- I am not posotive but it sounds like she is saying this, HOT, and I cant breathe- Can you tell me if you saw or understood this . That hose was strange to me.
    TEXBOY"

    Texboy:
    That was her first trip to Germany where they injected chemo directly into her liver.
    But it made her sick anyway and she was vomiting repeatedly.
    She was probably having fever and thus felt hot because of the fever and was trying to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Angel Charlie,
    What I am reading is really deep, it is knowledge.
    I now wonder again if Farrah had just stayed here in the states, that she would have beat this. In my opinion MD Anderson held too many memorys of her Sister who died their. Farrah was their alot , and spent the time setting, comforting, and well most of us know how those hours are spent. But again was Farrah so scared of MD Anderson possibly due to this.
    The what if's cannot bring her back,but like you pointed out , she should have gone right then, their after the memorial for her Mother- Angel Charlie , I think it was you who mentioned being in Houston, it is not a bad city, it has it's grey areas, but this is what burned me in FARRAHS STORY, just that first moment, the moment she knew she was in trouble was not filmed- I will look for the Ryan telling her to come home. Farrah at that moment was in Texas, it was home all alone. I in no way believe she would have received special treatment, it would have been as special as any other patient. Oneals voice was familiar, it comforted her, so she ran back to her childs father. Looking back, Farrah did it her way. I will say in the information you have so kindly shared, it is powerful, and my not knocking the KLINIK, I was suddenly stunned as oneal said : after Dr Piro told of the liver tumors coming back, onealsaid FROM THEIR It was all basicly over . Somewhere where the tissue was damaged around the liver , as Farrah held the MOLD of a liver Dr, Vogal showed her, I found it strange that this was so seemingly not important-the tissue around the liver , tissue I think can reproduce, grow ? or is it cell's -Why then was the tissue not treated, prior to any more German treatment. On a last note when Dr. Vogal stressed that Farrah Not fly home- I was stunned at her strength, apperantly under semi sedation , and being almost begged to not fly- that scene said alot about THE GERMAN CLINIC, in not having the paperwork signed by Farrah, that she would have to remain in a bed and rest, after the treatment, Plus Alana for once was shown to have no power over Farrah, anyone knows she was frightned and home is the comfort zone, but she seemed their to be in a frantic state. YOUR OPINION in that area ? The fact that Alana walked into an airport with a semi
    medicated zombie state made me shudder- SAD AS IT IS M-Jackson took all of the attention, and this treatment , the flying, the up's and downs, should have been addressed on every TV NETWORK- 20/20 ect- Your info is amazing. We as Americans can read it, or ignore it, and being tough to see how nasty this damn disease is, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER-
    P.S. and im not a rocket scientest.
    lolol
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  117. HI ALL, Ok after busting my rear, and going after TEXAS MONTHLY, and posting comments, you will be shocked, or maybe not to see that THE ONLINE COVER- NOW SAYS FARRAH -VS-THE CHEESEBURGER- LOOK AT THE COVER CLICK ON THE LIKN AT THE LEFT OF FRONT PAGE- It defendes itself in why a CHEESEBURGER TOOK THE COVER, and as well does one small sad photo, and even sadder article of Farrah- calling her A TRAIN WRECK- . In this time where many have posted beautiful memories of Farrah all over the world this is pathetic that TEXAS M did this . AND ONLY AFTER I WROTE A NASTY COMMENT OR TOO- I am truly upset and trust you will take time to leave your comment as well, in the past It was a money maker to have Farrah on the cover twice, with great ,fun articles, now in death this is I feel an insult- PLEASE READ, AND HELP IF YOU CAN- As I said this morning, THE CHEESEBURGER WILL EXIT THE ANAL CANAL AS WELL-
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  118. I made a custom tiny url for the Texas Monthly article http://tinyurl.com/TxMonthlyFarrahVsBurger


    Textboy, I was also upset about MJ and how Farrah seemed to be pushed back. I read the headlines - MJ TRAGIC death.. How is his tragic? Sorry if I offend anyone but he went pretty quick.. Farrah suffered for a long time.

    The one thing that made it a little easier for me to swallow was that Farrah got a little bit of media privacy due to it. I do think she deserved that respect BUT and this is a HUGE but - how do you get the attention back on CANCER?


    Genetic mapping of cancer is fairly new from what I know. I've been following the story of the AML patient that passed. It was published in Nov 2008. I'm unsure if her cancer was beyond genetic mapping.

    ReplyDelete
  119. What a horrible article at Texas Monthly -
    http://tinyurl.com/AngelHeart

    ReplyDelete
  120. MOTHER OF THE YEAR....OH THANK YOU.
    That url is so foreign for me-I appreciate you doing that.
    Yes Farrah was not as sudden as MJ
    and to think his was possibly drug related, plus the way he was judjed
    and it took death for A WORLD TO MOURN- Putting FARRAH'S MESSAGE ON A BACK BURNER- I was so shocked at the was Farrahs home state magazine has done her. The article is down right cruel. the size of a half of a page, as a nasty big cheese burger took the cover. Then to use a term after I commented online with others who protested, they PUT FARRAH VS THE CHEESBURGER,This is terrible- So again anyone who can, it dosent require a name or an email ,even if it ask, your comment in the box will be published. TEXAS MONTHLY is or was a top magazine, not a rag mag, it is or was respected. But after you see what the editor said, and read the article, I hope you will take 5 seconds to post .
    IM SO CHAPPED OVER THIS- We here expected A FARRAH TRIBUTE, AS THEY WERE LIMITED, and TO CALL HER A TRAINWRECK- I am shocked. AgainMOTHER OF THE YEAR POSTED THE URL HERE, AND IM SO GREATFUL.
    BLESSINGS ALL,
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  121. Bonsoir,
    en fait, j'admire votre indéfectible recherche de la vérité qui ne peut que servir la mémoire de F, qui à vos yeux est parée de toutes les qualités.
    Parions sur le fait qu'elle les a. Pour ma part, je ne me souvenais que de l'affiche ultra-connue de 1976 et il n'a suffit que de son décès ajouté au fait que je connaissais un des protagonistes de l'affaire pour me transporter plus de 30 ans en arrière et de découvrir la vie de celle qui venait de disparaître. C'est que la seule raison de ma présence sur ce blog . Entre temps j'ai eu la réponse à la question que je me posais sur ses derniers instants.
    Je ne suis pas un spécialiste en Cancérologie du tube digestif,
    l'Hématologie et les maladies du sang étant mon domaine réservé.
    La seule démarche pour comprendre est de bien peser les faits. A cet égard, les articles et conclusions postés par Angel Charlie sont remarquables. Que sait-on aujourd'hui et de quoi est-on sûr vraiment chronologiquement?
    Il est certain que son cancer a été détecté trop tard, bien après les premiers symptômes.
    Il s'agit bien d'un cancer anal très différent histologiquement des cancer colo-rectaux
    Les chances de survie (à 5 ans ) dès le début en Allemagne étaient conséquemment, du fait des 2 éléments précédents très très faibles
    (moins de 5%)
    La chirurgie, postérieure à la radio-chimiothérapie ne résout rien sinon le confort local mais n'empêche pas la dissémination ganglionnaire, hépatique et même pulmonaire observée dans certains cas. Mais encore là, il faut savoir que ça ne repose que sur des statistiques dont on dispose sur les cancers anaux très négatives mais qui ne représentent que 2% du total des cancers digestifs. Par chirurgie, on peut comprendre aussi colostomie avec anastomose ileo-caeliaque terminale, mais les résultats sont identiques, c'est-à -dire mauvais. La greffe de foie ne répond qu'à certains cas bien particuliers (v. Steve Jobs)
    La composition des traitements et leurs résultats à travers les constantes biologiques sont des données que vous n'obtiendrez pas plus de Lawrence PIRO que de Ursula Jacob, du moins j'en suis sûr en ce qui la concerne. Ce sont des traitements individualisés qui figurent avec des noms de code. Ils sont le plus souvent administrés par voie IM ou IV ( donc rien à voir avec les comprimés en nombre)
    De plus, ce sont des données confidentielles qui font partie du secret médical accompagnant chaque patient, idem pour les commentaires bien sûr que l'on n'a pas le droit de révéler et c'est normal.
    Je ne pense pas que cela d'ailleurs serve maintenant à grand chose vu qu'elle est décédée et c'est cela qu'il faut admettre
    Ils nous faut dorénavant, et c'est valable pour chaque décès de malade, nous occuper des vivants, en leur proposant les meilleurs
    traitements possibles, en leur laissant le libre choix, et j'insiste particulièrement sur ce dernier point.
    Un autre point essentiel qui pourrait sauver de nombreuses vies est la prévention à travers la vaccination (Gardasil) des jeunes filles au stade pubère.
    La détection par auscultation directe permettrai de détecter de nombreux cancers colo-rectaux et surtout les cancers anaux à un stade précoce, surtout après 50 ans. Le problème est qu'il y a encore un tabou autour de ce cancer anal pour en parler.
    Sinon la coloscopie, surtout s'il y a des antécédents familiaux et la recherche de sang dans les selles sont de bons éléments de diagnostic.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Result of my French to English software translator of PierreT comment:

    Good night, in fact, I admire your unfaltering research of the truth which can only serve memory of F, that in your opinion is parried with all qualities.

    Let us bet on the fact that she has them.

    For my part, I remembered only the poster ultra-known by 1976 and it has am enough that of his decease added by the way that I knew one of the protagonists of affair to transport myself more than 30 years behind and to discover the life of the one who had just disappeared.

    It is because the only reason of my presence on this blog.

    Since then I had the answer to question that I settled over his last instants.

    I am not a specialist in Cancer research of the digestive tube, Haematology and diseases of blood being my reserved domain.

    The only step to understand is to weigh facts well.

    In this respect, articles and conclusions posted by Angel Charlie are remarkable.

    What do they know today and of what are they sure really chronologically?

    It is sure that its cancer was too late discerned, long afterwards the first symptoms.

    It is definitely about a very different anal cancer histologiquement cancer of colo-rectaux

    The chances of survival (in 5 years) from the beginning in Germany were consequently, due to the previous 2 very very weak elements (less than 5 %)

    The surgery, later in the radio-chemotherapy solves nothing otherwise local comfort but does not prevent ganglionic spread, hépatique and even pulmonary noticed in certain cases.

    But still there, it is necessary to know that this rests only on statistics which they have on anaux cancers very negative but that represent only 2 % of the total of the digestive cancers.

    By surgery, they can understand also colostomie with anastomose ileo-caeliaque final year students, but results are identical, it is - to say poor.

    The grafting of liver answers only certain very particular cases (v. Steve Jobs)

    The composition of treatments and their results across the biological constants are data that you will not acquire LAWRENCE PIRO more than of Ursula Jacob, at least I am sure there in what concerns it.

    It is individualized treatments which appear with names of code.

    They are most often managed by way IM or IV (therefore nothing to see with tablets in number)

    Besides, it is confidential data which are part of the medical secret accompanying every patient, idem for comments of course whom they do not have the right to reveal and it is normal.

    I do not think that it besides serves thing in big seen now that it died and it is it that it is necessary to accept They needs us hereafter, and it is valid for every decease of sick man, to occupy us of living beings, by offering them the best possible treatments, by leaving them the free choice, and I stress this last point particularly.

    Another essential point which could save numerous lives is prevention across the vaccination (Gardasil) of the girls at the stadium pubère.

    Detection by direct examination with a stethoscope shall allow to discern numerous colo-rectaux cancers and especially anaux cancers at a precocious stadium, especially after 50 years.

    Problem is that there is another taboo around this anal cancer to speak about it.

    Otherwise the coloscopie, especially if there are family records and the research of blood in saddles is good elements of diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete
  123. Texboy,

    When the cancer came back in 2008, it really devastated Farrah.
    She went through 2 big roller coaster up and downs, one in 2007 and then again in 2008.
    She's cancer free in Feb 2007 and three months later, she's stage 4.
    She's tumor free in Feb 2008, feels better than in the past 5 years, goes on the Mexican trip and enjoys herself, and the next test shows new tumors are popping up and the original tumor site is recurring.
    That's when O'Neal said he saw it slipping away at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Peut-être un élément de réponse: nous ne disons pas toujours la vérité au malade. On lui dit ce qu'il veut bien entendre, ou du moins ce qu'il est capable d'entendre.
    Il est possible de ménager un certain confort avec les antidépresseurs, les antalgiques associés bien sûr et surtout les dérivés de l'érythropoiétine ( EPREX ou NEORECORMON)
    ça donne des résultats spectaculaires qui peuvent perdurer pendant 2 ou 3 mois

    ReplyDelete
  125. If you've got a chip on your shoulder and you want to vent your spleen against the "US Medical Establishment", here's the place to do it: the government-controlled research grant system. It's impeding the development of new smart drug miracle cures for cancer.

    part 1

    Grant System Leads Cancer Researchers to Play It Safe
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/health/research/28cancer.html?ref=research


    By GINA KOLATA
    Published: June 27, 2009

    Among the recent research grants awarded by the National Cancer Institute is one for a study asking whether people who are especially responsive to good-tasting food have the most difficulty staying on a diet.

    Another study will assess a Web-based program that encourages families to choose more healthful foods.

    Many other grants involve biological research unlikely to break new ground.

    For example, one project asks whether a laboratory discovery involving colon cancer also applies to breast cancer.

    But even if it does apply, there is no treatment yet that exploits it.

    The cancer institute has spent $105 billion since President Richard M. Nixon declared war on the disease in 1971.

    The American Cancer Society, the largest private financer of cancer research, has spent about $3.4 billion on research grants since 1946.

    Yet the fight against cancer is going slower than most had hoped, with only small changes in the death rate in the almost 40 years since it began.

    One major impediment, scientists agree, is the grant system itself.

    It has become a sort of jobs program, a way to keep research laboratories going year after year with the understanding that the focus will be on small projects unlikely to take significant steps toward curing cancer.

    “These grants are not silly, but they are only likely to produce incremental progress,” said Dr. Robert C. Young, chancellor at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia and chairman of the Board of Scientific Advisors, an independent group that makes recommendations to the cancer institute.

    The institute’s reviewers choose such projects because, with too little money to finance most proposals, they are timid about taking chances on ones that might not succeed.

    The problem, Dr. Young and others say, is that projects that could make a major difference in cancer prevention and treatment are all too often crowded out because they are too uncertain.

    In fact, it has become lore among cancer researchers that some game-changing discoveries involved projects deemed too unlikely to succeed and were therefore denied federal grants, forcing researchers to struggle mightily to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  126. part 2

    Grant System Leads Cancer Researchers to Play It Safe
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/health/research/28cancer.html?ref=research

    Take one transformative drug, for breast cancer.

    It was based on a discovery by Dr. Dennis Slamon of the University of California, Los Angeles, that very aggressive breast cancers often have multiple copies of a particular protein, HER-2.

    That led to the development of herceptin, which blocks HER-2.

    Now women with excess HER-2 proteins, who once had the worst breast cancer prognoses, have prognoses that are among the best.

    But when Dr. Slamon wanted to start this research, his grant was turned down.

    He succeeded only after the grateful wife of a patient helped him get money from Revlon, the cosmetics company.

    Yet studies like the one on tasty food are financed.

    That study, which received a grant of $100,000 over two years, is based on the idea that since obesity is associated with an increased risk of cancer, understanding why people have trouble losing weight could lead to better weight control methods, which could lead to less obesity, which could lead to less cancer.

    “It was the first grant I ever submitted, and it was funded on the first try,” said the principal investigator, Bradley M. Appelhans, an assistant professor of basic medical sciences and psychology at the University of Arizona.

    Dr. Appelhans said he realized it would hardly cure cancer, but hoped that “it will provide knowledge that will incrementally contribute to more effective cancer prevention strategies.”

    Even top federal cancer officials say the system needs to be changed.

    “We have a system that works over all pretty well, and is very good at ruling out bad things — we don’t fund bad research,” said Dr. Raynard S. Kington, acting director of the National Institutes of Health, which includes the cancer institute.

    “But given that, we also recognize that the system probably provides disincentives to funding really transformative research.”

    The private American Cancer Society follows a similarly cautious path.

    Last year, it awarded $124 million in new research grants, with some money coming from large donors but most from events like walkathons and memorial donations.

    Dr. Otis W. Brawley, chief medical officer at the cancer society, said the whole cancer research effort remained too cautious.

    “The problem in science is that the way you get ahead is by staying within narrow parameters and doing what other people are doing,” Dr. Brawley said.

    “No one wants to fund wild new ideas.”

    He added that the problem of getting money for imaginative but chancy proposals had worsened in recent years.

    There are more scientists seeking grants — they surged into the field in the 1990s when the National Institutes of Health budget doubled before plunging again.

    That makes many researchers, who need grants not just to run their labs but also sometimes to keep their faculty positions, even more cautious in the grant proposals they submit.

    And grant review committees become more wary about giving scarce money to speculative proposals.

    Philanthropies, which helped some researchers try outside-the-box ideas, are now having financial problems.

    And advances in technology have made research more expensive.

    “Scientists don’t like talking about it publicly,” because they worry that their remarks will be viewed as lashing out at the health institutes, which supports them, said Dr. Richard D. Klausner, a former director of the National Cancer Institute.

    Dr. Keith R. Yamamoto, co-chairman of the committee that recently reviewed some requests for grants from the National Institutes of Health, said that “some fantastic things” had been proposed.

    David Walter Banks for The New York Times
    Dr. Otis W. Brawley, chief medical officer at the American Cancer Society, said the cancer research effort remained too cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  127. part 3

    Grant System Leads Cancer Researchers to Play It Safe
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/health/research/28cancer.html?ref=research

    But, Dr. Klausner added:
    “There is no conversation that I have ever had about the grant system that doesn’t have an incredible sense of consensus that it is not working.

    That is a terrible wasted opportunity for the scientists, patients, the nation and the world.”

    A Big Idea Without a Backer

    For 25 years, Eileen K. Jaffe received federal grants to run her lab.

    As a senior scientist at the Fox Chase Cancer Center, with a long list of published papers in prestigious journals, she is a respected, established researcher.

    Then Dr. Jaffe stumbled upon results that went against textbook explanations, suggesting that it might be possible to find an entirely new class of drugs that could disable proteins that fuel cancer cells.

    Now she wants to find chemicals that might be developed into such drugs.

    But her grant proposal was rejected out of hand by the institutes of health, not even discussed by a review panel.

    She had no preliminary data showing that the idea was likely to work, something reviewers always want to see, and the idea was just too unprecedented.

    Dr. Jaffe epitomizes the scientist who realizes that if she were to single-mindedly pursue her unorthodox idea, her “career may be ruined in the process,” in the words of Dr. Brawley of the American Cancer Society.

    Dr. Jaffe is just conceiving her project; it is much to soon to know whether it will result in a revolutionary drug.

    And even if she does find potential new drugs, it is not clear that they will be effective.

    Most new ideas are difficult to prove, and most potential new drugs fail.

    So Dr. Jaffe was not entirely surprised when her grant application to look for such cancer drugs was summarily rejected.

    “They said I don’t have preliminary results,” she said. “Of course I don’t. I need the grant money to get them.”

    Dr. Young, chancellor at Fox Chase, said Dr. Jaffe’s situation showed why people with bold new ideas often just give up.

    “You can’t prove it will work in advance,” he said.

    “If you could, it wouldn’t be a high-risk idea.”

    It is a long haul, Dr. Jaffe knows. And she has already had to downsize her lab. But, she said, she will persist.

    Angels Outside Government

    At the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, Dr. Ewa T. Sicinska knew she would have a similar problem with her research.

    She wanted to grow human cancers in mice.

    Unlike Dr. Jaffe, though, Dr. Sicinska did not even apply for government money.

    It is not that the project was unimportant.

    “Rather than have to start a human clinical trial to test new drugs, we want to test them first in mice with real human tumors,” said Dr. George D. Demetri, who leads the research group supporting Dr. Sicinska.

    Researchers have studied mouse cancers but, they acknowledge, they are just not the same as human cancers — they are much easier to treat, and drugs that cure mice often do nothing in people.

    ReplyDelete
  128. part 4

    Grant System Leads Cancer Researchers to Play It Safe
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/health/research/28cancer.html?ref=research

    So, over the years, scientists have tried to implant human cancer cells in mice, but with little success.

    “Everyone told us that if you take tumors out of patients and put them in mice, they don’t grow,” Dr. Demetri said.

    The tumor cells usually were put in a plastic dish before being implanted in mice.

    “We said — wait a minute. The cells are not growing in the plastic dish. They probably are dying. What if we bypass the dish?’”

    With that idea in mind, Dr. Demetri, convinced it was too speculative to get federal money, tapped an unusual source, the Ludwig Fund.
    Endowed by Daniel K. Ludwig, one of the world’s richest men in the 1960s and 1970s, the fund supports unfettered cancer research at six medical centers in the United States, including Dana-Farber, to be used at the institutes’ discretion.

    That put Dr. Sicinska in a very different position from that of Dr. Jaffe.

    She could try something chancy without a grant.

    Dr. Sicinska used a quarter of a million dollars of Ludwig money for this project, buying mice without immune systems, which meant they could not reject human tumors, and housing them in a germ-free basement lab.

    She spent months learning to implant tumors in the mice and enlisted geneticists to study the implanted tumors, making sure they did not mutate beyond recognition.

    She spends her days in the lab, using a miniature ultrasound machine to scan the mice, hairless creatures with prominent ears.

    Four types of sarcomas — cancers of fat, muscle or bone — are growing in them and look genetically identical to the tumors removed from patients.

    Dr. Elias A. Zerhouni, former director of the National Institutes of Health, said he was not sure that a grant for the project would have been turned down.

    The N.I.H., he said, does finance research on mouse models for human cancer.

    But Dr. Demetri said he did not apply “because we have lots of experience in what’s fundable.”

    His mouse work, he said, is exploratory, and he cannot predict what he will find or when.

    He certainly could not lay out a road map of what he would do and promise results in a few years.

    Studies With a Different Goal
    Researchers like Dr. Appelhans, who is studying weight control and tasty foods, do not expect to change the outlook for cancer patients anytime soon.

    But, they say, that does not mean their work is unimportant.

    Dr. Appelhans will study 85 overweight or obese women, measuring how much the tastes and textures of food drive their eating.

    Then they will be given a weight loss diet and nutritional counseling.

    Dr. Appelhans will ask whether those who are most tempted by the tastes and textures also have the most trouble following the diet.

    As for the grant to assess a Web-based program to improve food choices, it is predicated on studies indicating that what people eat in childhood and adolescence may have an impact on cancer risk in middle and old age, said the grant recipient, Karen Weber Cullen, associate professor of pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine.

    Some studies have found that people who reported having eaten fruits and vegetables when they were younger and maintaining a healthy weight were less likely to have cancer.

    Of course, it would not be feasible to follow participants for 30 or 40 years to see if their cancer risk was altered, Dr. Cullen noted.

    But, she added, “we try to achieve improvements in diet and physical activity behaviors that become permanent and will make a difference in later years.”

    ReplyDelete
  129. part 5

    Grant System Leads Cancer Researchers to Play It Safe
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/health/research/28cancer.html?ref=research

    In the study asking whether a molecular pathway that spurs the growth of colon cancer cells also encourages the growth of breast cancer cells, the principal investigator ultimately wants to find a safe drug to prevent breast cancer.

    She received a typical-size grant of a little more than $1 million for the five-year study.

    The plan, said the investigator, Louise R. Howe, an associate research professor at Weill Cornell Medical College, is first to confirm her hypothesis about the pathway in breast cancer cells.

    But even if it is correct, the much harder research would lie ahead because no drugs exist to block the pathway, and even if they did, there are no assurances that they would be safe.

    Dr. Howe said she hoped that she would find such drugs, or that companies would.

    Then she wants to develop a way to selectively deliver the drugs to precancerous breast cells.

    If it all works and the treatment is safe, women with precancerous conditions could avoid developing cancer.

    Dr. Howe has reviewed grants for the cancer institute herself, she said, and realizes that, among other things, those that get financed must have “a novel hypothesis that is credible based on what we know already.”

    Trying to Change the System

    The National Institutes of Health has started “pilot experiments” to see if there is a better way of getting financing for innovative projects, its acting director, Dr. Kington, said.

    They include “pioneer awards,” begun in 2004 for “ideas that have the potential for high impact but may be too novel, span too diverse a range of disciplines or be at a stage too early to fare well in the traditional peer review process.”

    But only 3 percent to 5 percent of the applicants get funded.

    Now the institutes have decided to set aside up to $25 million for “transformative R01 grants,” described as “proposing exceptionally innovative, high risk, original and/or unconventional research with the potential to create or overturn fundamental paradigms.”

    About 700 proposals have come in, but only a small number are expected to be financed, according to Dr. Keith R. Yamamoto, a molecular biologist and executive vice dean of the school of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco, and co-chairman of the committee that reviewed the proposals last week.

    “From reading the applications so far, there are really some fantastic things,” Dr. Yamamoto said.

    There also is new money from the federal economic stimulus package passed by Congress, which gives the National Institutes of Health $200 million for “challenge grants” lasting two years or less.

    But the N.I.H. has received about 21,000 applications for 200 challenge grants, and researchers who have applied concede there is not much hope.

    “I did submit one of these challenge grants recently, like the rest of the lemmings,” said Dr. Chi Dang, professor of medicine, cell biology, oncology and pathology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

    But, he added, “there are many, many more applications than slots.”

    Some experienced scientists have found a way to offset the problem somewhat.

    They do chancy experiments by siphoning money from their grants.

    “In a way, the system is encrypted,” Dr. Yamamoto said, allowing those in the know to wink and do their own thing on the side.

    Great discoveries have been made with N.I.H. financing without manipulating the system, Dr. Klausner said.

    “But,” he added, “I actually believe that by and large it is despite, rather than because of, the review system.”

    ReplyDelete
  130. part 6

    Grant System Leads Cancer Researchers to Play It Safe
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/health/research/28cancer.html?ref=research

    This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:

    Correction: July 5, 2009

    An article last Sunday about the effects of the grant system on innovative cancer research misstated the amount of grant money for a study asking whether people who are especially responsive to good-tasting food have the most difficulty staying on a diet.

    The grant was for $100,000 over two years, not $200,000 over two years.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Tiny Url is very easy to use, just copy the url, paste it in to the tiny url site. If you would like to make a custom URL like I did, you just add it under the link you paste in then click "make tiny"

    I don't doubt MJ actually had pain; for people with chronic pain which he probably had, either you live in pain or medicate. I'm stunned he didn't have to follow the same guidelines as other people getting medications for chronic pain. While I understand prescription drug dependence/abuse is a real problem; I feel that cancer is more of what people should be focusing on. MJ chose to do what he did. Farrah did not; and I feel that more money should be spent on cancer then things such as investigating whether someone died as a result of a drug over dose.

    I'm going to comment on the Texas mag site just not sure what I want to say; the main Farrah article (Angel Heart) was horrible, I'm sure my mouth was on the floor while I read it. The planned story on the burger should not have been on the cover; but then again I'm not familiar with the site; nor does it look like anything I will be reading again. The comments are also very tasteless; and one day those making jokes will experience cancer then they may understand why Farrah should have gotten the cover. Cancer will affect everyone eventually. I feel this is only the beginning.

    I feel I need to comment on this...
    Angel Charlie said...
    Result of my French to English software translator of PierreT comment: - Another essential point which could save numerous lives is prevention across the vaccination (Gardasil) of the girls at the stadium pubère.

    Gardasil is still very new. Parents considering vaccinating their children with this, need to google Gardasil complications - as you may end up hurting your child even more. It's my opinion that our children are possibly being test rats for this vaccine. There has not been a lot of testing done. Somewhere down the road we might find it actually causes other types of cancer or worst possible birth defects. Parents, please do your research before vaccinating

    ReplyDelete
  132. This is going to depress those who fall for "Wellness" type alternative cancer "cure."

    News Keeps Getting Worse for Vitamins
    By Tara Parker-Pope
    November 20, 2008, 12:45 pm
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/news-keeps-getting-worse-for-vitamins/

    part 1

    The best efforts of the scientific community to prove the health benefits of vitamins keep falling short.

    Consumers don’t want to give up their vitamins. (Tony Cenicola/The New York Times)

    This week, researchers reported the disappointing results from a large clinical trial of almost 15,000 male doctors taking vitamins E and C for a decade.

    The study showed no meaningful effect on cancer rates.

    Another recent study found no benefit of vitamins E and C for heart disease.

    In October, a major trial studying whether vitamin E and selenium could lower a man’s risk for prostate cancer ended amidst worries that the treatments may do more harm than good.

    And recently, doctors at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York warned that vitamin C seems to protect not just healthy cells but cancer cells, too.

    Everyone needs vitamins, which are critical for the body.

    But for most people, the micronutrients we get from foods usually are adequate to prevent vitamin deficiency, which is rare in the United States.

    That said, some extra vitamins have proven benefits, such as vitamin B12 supplements for the elderly and folic acid for women of child-bearing age.

    And calcium and vitamin D in women over 65 appear to protect bone health.

    But many people gobble down large doses of vitamins believing that they boost the body’s ability to mop up damaging free radicals that lead to cancer and heart disease.

    In addition to the more recent research, several reports in recent years have challenged the notion that megadoses of vitamins are good for you.

    A Johns Hopkins School of Medicine review of 19 vitamin E clinical trials of more than 135,000 people showed high doses of vitamin E (greater than 400 IUs) increased a person’s risk for dying during the study period by 4 percent.

    Taking vitamin E with other vitamins and minerals resulted in a 6 percent higher risk of dying.

    Another study of daily vitamin E showed vitamin E takers had a 13 percent higher risk for heart failure.

    The Journal of Clinical Oncology published a study of 540 patients with head and neck cancer who were being treated with radiation therapy.

    Vitamin E reduced side effects, but cancer recurrence rates among the vitamin users were higher, although the increase didn’t reach statistical significance.

    ReplyDelete
  133. This is going to depress those who fall for "Wellness" type alternative cancer "cure."

    News Keeps Getting Worse for Vitamins
    By Tara Parker-Pope
    November 20, 2008, 12:45 pm
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/news-keeps-getting-worse-for-vitamins/

    part 2

    A 1994 Finland study of smokers taking 20 milligrams a day of beta carotene showed an 18 percent higher incidence of lung cancer among beta carotene users.

    In 1996, a study called Caret looked at beta carotene and vitamin A use among smokers and workers exposed to asbestos, but the study was stopped when the vitamin users showed a 28 percent higher risk for lung cancer and a 26 percent higher risk of dying from heart disease.

    A 2002 Harvard study of more than 72,000 nurses showed that those who consumed high levels of vitamin A from foods, multivitamins and supplements had a 48 percent higher risk for hip fractures than nurses who had the lowest intake of vitamin A.

    The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews looked at vitamin C studies for treating colds.

    Among more than two dozen studies, there was no overall benefit for preventing colds, although the vitamin was linked with a 50 percent reduction in colds among people who engaged in extreme activities, such as marathon runners, skiers and soldiers, who were exposed to significant cold or physical stress.

    The data also suggested vitamin C use was linked with less severe and slightly shorter colds.

    In October 2004, Copenhagen researchers reviewed seven randomized trials of beta carotene, selenium and vitamins A, C and E (alone or in combination) in colon, esophageal, gastric, pancreatic and liver cancer.

    The antioxidant users had a 6 percent higher death rate than placebo users.

    Two studies presented to the American College of Cardiology in 2006 showed that vitamin B doesn’t prevent heart attacks, leading The New England Journal of Medicine to say that the consistency of the results “leads to the unequivocal conclusion” that the vitamins don’t help patients with established vascular disease.

    The British Medical Journal looked at multivitamin use among elderly people for a year but found no difference in infection rates or visits to doctors.

    Despite a lack of evidence that vitamins actually work, consumers appear largely unwilling to give them up.

    Many readers of the Well blog say the problem is not the vitamin but poorly designed studies that use the wrong type of vitamin, setting the vitamin up to fail.

    Industry groups such as the Council for Responsible Nutrition also say the research isn’t well designed to detect benefits in healthy vitamin users.

    ReplyDelete
  134. More French to English software translation of PierreT:

    Perhaps an element of answer: we do not always say the truth to the sick man. They say to him that he definitely wants to hear, or at least what it is able of hearing.
    It is possible to handle carefully a certain comfort with antidepressants, sedative analgesic linking of course and especially the stemming of the érythropoiétine (EPREX or NEORECORMON)
    this gives spectacular results which can continue during 2 or 3 months

    ReplyDelete
  135. Mother Of The Year,
    Well said, I agree 100% on the death of MJ, I was just telling someone that MK'S history with drug use was sad and different from any other person, as It seems no one would tell MJ NO ! So as he
    faced his everafter, I hope his demons are now all gone-
    I as well rest knowing Farrah's pain and endless fighting are over.
    Yes she wanted to get the message out, and help others, and if she ever seemed to be a private person as she begged for privacy, it was only because of her being treated so bad by the employee at ST John's ,over a few thousand, and what is so sad about that , Karma did come back on that woman, she died of Cancer prior to entering prision- and the most foolinh thing she did was settle for such a sad 6 thousand to obtain these medical records, THE ENQUIRER has ton's of tons of buyers, and if your going to be the pawn ,atleast go for a large sum of money-So I truly think any Tribute done to Farrah is something she would love, as well as one day Redmond's own demons are conqured he will have these to possibly cherish. He can always change, and to enter back into society He needs to see posotive things printed, and respects to his mother. His guilt is between He and God,and I beieve
    God will show him mercy. Yes I was angry at him, yet sad as the day's in reality hit each of us. Only Redmond could write the book-
    AGAIN THANKS FOR THE TIP ON URL-ING
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  136. Angel Charlie,
    In the one vitamin article saying that Vitamin C protects both cells, meaning protecting a Cancer cell in a bad way- as in keeping it strong and possibly productive in certain people ?
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  137. Angel charlie, ok now in the translation, is Dr.Troud telling us, that they do not always tell the sick the truth ?
    Do they medicate the neurons, or
    or all those seratonins,ect- In like me telling a very ill person ,
    they look great, when in fact they look like death, or is Dr, Troud saying they never say the truth as in you have only 2 months to live kind of truth ?
    If this is so, WOW -Is all I can think.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  138. LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A close friend of late "Charlie's Angels" star Farrah Fawcett will publish her personal diaries about the actress' three-year struggle with cancer next month.
    "My Journey with Farrah: A Story of Life, Love and Friendship," by Alana Stewart, will come out on August 11 -- less than two months after Fawcett succumbed to anal cancer on June 25. The book is thought to be the first insider's look at Fawcett's illness.

    Stewart, the ex-wife of rocker Rod Stewart and a friend of Fawcett's for 30 years, said she was encouraged to go into print by Fawcett herself and by Ryan O'Neal, the "Love Story" movie star who was Fawcett's long time companion.

    "Farrah had originally encouraged me to write this book. It was her idea. However, while I was contemplating my decision, her health took a turn for the worse, and I could no longer seek her advice," Stewart said in a statement.

    "So I turned to Ryan O'Neal. He was so positive and so supportive. 'You have to do it', he said emphatically. 'There will be lots of people writing books about her. Yours will be the truth, and it will be a wonderful tribute to her. You have to do it!'", she said.

    A portion of the proceeds will go to the Farrah Fawcett Foundation to support cancer research.

    Fawcett told her own story in a heart-wrenching video diary of her last three years that was broadcast on U.S. television in May as the actress entered the final few weeks of her life in seclusion at her Los Angeles home.

    Alana Stewart's book will be published by William Morrow, a unit of HarperCollins which is owned by News Corp.

    (Reporting by Jill Serjeant)

    ReplyDelete
  139. OK, So Greg Lott, if you can see us
    and need to put out a helping hand,here is a RAD-ONLINE ARTICLE- If you are still in Ca, you just might gain access to Redmond, possibly only to comfort him.Trust me if I HAD THE TIME, MONEY TO LEAVE I WOULD MYSELF-I saw this not to add to his confusion YET YOU WOULD BE A STRONG FIGURE- One he would know was their, and with no adgendas. Article below:Ryan O’Neal has never visited his son in jail -- both before and after the death of Farrah Fawcett, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

    Redmond O’Neal saw his father at Farrah’s funeral and when he was granted a several hour visit to his mother Farrah, shortly before she died. That visit was recorded by cameras for Farrah’s documentary. But Ryan has stayed away from visiting his son, who is deeply shaken by his mother’s death.

    Redmond is incarcerated at the Pitchess Detention Center in Castaic, California where he is in an intensive drug rehab program.

    Jail records show that Ryan has not visited him at Pitchess and did not visit him at the jail where he was previously locked up.

    A source close to the situation confirms the estrangement and tells RadarOnlinecom: "Redmond was very close to his mother. Redmond and Ryan have never had a close relationship. Redmond has never really had a father figure in his life.

    "The loss of his mother has truly shaken Redmond to his core, and in his final telephone conversation with Farrah, he promised her that he was committed to staying sober."

    Redmond had two court appearances recently and Ryan, who also was arrested on drug charges last year, did not go to either of his son’s hearings.

    ReplyDelete
  140. I'm just trying to emphasize apolitics about any discussion on cancer so it will be "just the facts, ma'am" objective.

    I've tried to skewer the scapegoats and the sacred cows for apolitical purposes.

    Brett Hudson is way too political.

    His sacred cow is the German clinics and his scapegoat that he derides in US cancer care.

    I'm all for the German clinics getting close examination, even though I doubt if anyone but the rich could afford them.

    But the German clinics should be studied objectively.

    They do have good doctors, such as Dr.'s Vogl and Jacob, and they do kill cancer tumors.

    But how successful are they in killing the cancer itself and curing the patient?

    Brett Hudson says the Germans cured him.

    The Germans do appear to be prescribing treatments that lack solid scientific evidence of effectiveness in cancer therapy.

    What should be done is that the cancer research institutes in the US should be studying the German clinics and applying the therapies in clinical trials in the US so the successful therapies can receive FDA approval.

    That's why I showed the link to the Dana-Farber Cancer Research Institute website where they analyze complementary and alternative therapies.

    As for the vitamin C, it shows that vitamin C "therapy" can support cancer progression.
    That report raises healthy skepticism about alternative "cures".

    ReplyDelete
  141. Angel Charlie,
    I am alot younger then those like Suzanne Somers, who has screwed alot of people over with her push on the Iscador,and well other business practices, that I know ,and was part of. Now I can as well say I know her personaly and she is in the same age braket as Farrah,
    and I guess Brett hudson, Im not sure of his exact age, yet I have to wonder if some trying to torpedo, and be radical. Farrah was to me so fun, and I always appreciated her not being nasty, and radical. Suzanne and she as we now know were friends. Does the radical , slam American Cures and American Doctors
    stem from that age group.A fair question as they not only had cancer , but fall close in age.
    Suzanne loves the camera, Brett I never knew, or was too young, Farrah well - lol
    Texboy

    ReplyDelete
  142. I have a son Red's age; I know how he took my dad's death (they were very close), I know Red is going to be hurting, especially under the circumstances with him not being there for Farrah. He needs to know that for some reason he was not meant to be there with her. He was where he was supposed to be in that point of time; he will eventually figure out why. He is going to need very strong people around him; and the people that have not been there; he needs to let go.

    TX monthly - IMO, the type of cancer Farrah had is going to be more common. More women are going to be affected by the HPV virus with various types of cancers - and it's my opinion this site could have said some nice things about her; then posted some cancer education. Her father and her son do not need to see what was written. I'm so pissed because from what I knew of her (she's old enough to be my mother) she was an icon back in the day (I had a doll) & I don't recall her ever saying she was something she wasn't. She was a beautiful lady that appeared to make money off of her posters. So what? So have other models. I don't recall her getting negative press. She did a good job raising her son, I don't recall seeing him in mags like most celebrity kids these days. Red has demons but IMO they have nothing to do with anything she did. I hope his 1/2 sibs can help him. What was posted above about Ryan visiting is sad...

    As far as Dr's telling patients; it depends. We were told my dad's chances (14%) & knew he was going to die. By the time they saw a spot in his liver (they could not biopsy due to his type cancer) he was gone in 6 weeks, passing right after Farrah's bday. He was discharged from his main cancer center, while another took over his weekly care as an outpatient. I asked what I felt were the right questions at this new place. We were told he could live like this for a year or he might go sooner. What I eventually found out when I got a copy of his actual records was they did not give him more then a few weeks to live.

    Honestly, not knowing Farrah but watching the little blips & pics that were posted, I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did. The scene where Red climbs into bed with her; she was so weak; my dad went in a matter of days after being like that. I don't know if she was sedated (my dad didn't want that); and if she was, she shouldn't have been for Red's visit.

    quoting Angel Charlie - What should be done is that the cancer research institutes in the US should be studying the German clinics and applying the therapies in clinical trials in the US so the successful therapies can receive FDA approval.

    Isn't this what Stand Up 2 Cancer was supposed to do? Have the best of the best working together for a cure.

    As far as Germany - my opinion is that now that we have information at our fingertips, we can pick and choose. There are some places in Germany that will accept American insurance - and try to help file a claim. I actually looked into artificial disk replacement surgery there. They are far more advanced then we are. I'm talking at least 5 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  143. This is really a Greg Lott blog, not a Farrah blog. HitmanPR is Greg Lott's publicist.

    Greg Lott is not in control of "the sequel" to Farrah's Story or "The Klinik".

    I don't know what it means when HitmanPR says "Greg is determined to get the word out" about Farrah's battle with cancer.

    HitmanPR posts a guarrilla warfare piece John Hopkins hoax so I just responded by trying to provide some real cancer treatment enlightenment and point out that cancer is a very deep technical subject and you have to be objective and scientific when discussing it, otherwise you do a disservice to cancer patients.

    I didn't know that Suzanne Somers has screwed over a bunch of people with her health advice.

    I read that Suzanne was cast as Jill Munroe first but then lost the part to Farrah.
    So I'm surprised that they were friends.

    ReplyDelete
  144. If you want to talk about cancer, "Stand Up 2 Cancer" is a much better topic to post on a blog than an alleged John Hopkins letter trashing chemotherapy that actually was a hoax.

    The Germans gave Farrah chemo as well as the US so it's odd to be posting an article attacking chemotherapy.

    Stand Up 2 Cancer appears to be a perfect vehicle to promote research into Farrah's cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  145. Angel Charlie,
    Suzanne opened a DS direct sales business, and made alot of promises to people , and they lost alot of money to the business after she never held up to her many promises, no promotion, no product launch, and these sales people were promised healthy food's and the things a-z she said was used in her daily life, natural beauty products, natural foods, ect. So this was 2006, by 2008 it was announced overnight that it would close, well it did not close, it was taken by another ds sales direct sales place that takes failed business's and re launched in mid 2008- She is as well under a lawsuit by a man who invested alot into what was to be a chain called SUZANNES KITCHEN, and it says in the suit she started, and left with no imput leaving the man in a jam, then saying she wanted no part of it. Most people are blaming her husband Alan Hamel, but again who knows. Yes she said Farrah called her after that one fire that destroyed her home, and then recently spoke of how she and Farrah were in contact kind of like supporting each other , or Suzanne sharing her methods, like how Iscador, and the foreign treatments work.
    Texboy

    ReplyDelete
  146. Mother of the year.
    It is something we forget that 24 is still a sensitive age, even if Red was doing alot more than I ever did now kids just have access to so much, and so easy.
    Sorry about your own Father, and so you kind of have an insight into what Redmond's feelings will be once this treatment is up, I gues he will always need some treatment, but I agree he will need strong people, and only he can remember how his own father was an enabler. Farrah said it in 97 that they ,she and Ryan were always at war over the way Red was to be parented. Imagine having to raise a child with Ryans help. I never remember alot about ryan as Farrah outshined him, so he was just like THAT MAN IN IN THE PHOTO.I know I am in my late 30's and looking back Ryan needed Farrah, when we all thought at first it was She who needed him. Strange thing is Ryan and Lee were very, very close friends, and Lee was at the memorial, which I think was nice, but I bet Red would have had a much more grounded youth with Lee's upbringing . I feel safe trying to say how a child might have been better off, not having any myself, but only because of Ryans other children, and the way they battle their own demons. I have to remember that Farrah was human, and had flaws, so I have to think in reality, if only we could look back and have another chance, possibly Farrah would have severed all contact with ryan and raised Redmond alone.
    But we cant change yesterday.
    I am learning alot here about Cancer thanks to Angel Charlie, and all of the effort Angel Charlie is allowing, so if any good comes out of this Hey , were learning and we have options.
    But again APPLAUSE TO YOU FOR BEING A PARENT and seeing THE EMOTIONS AND CHANGE, AND TAKING TIME .
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  147. National Cancer Institute webpage on Anal Cancer Treatment:

    Try the print version:
    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/anal/healthprofessional/allpages/print#Section_80

    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/anal/healthprofessional

    ReplyDelete
  148. Farrah received treatment from another German doctor that Farrah's Story failed to mention:
    Dr. Norbert Pfützenreuter, according to Bild magazine in Germany.

    It was also reported that on her last german trip she received stem cell treatment, which has a low success rate of 10%-20%, which I believe I read are treatments that Pfützenreuter does.

    Farrah's Story left out alot of details of the treatments she received.

    It did spend alot more time explaining the treatments from the German clinics than on treatments received in the US, so it did focus on the German clinics.

    ReplyDelete
  149. Hitman, I'm a little older then you, 40's.. recent years I've been through a lot. I was a kid like Red; not as bad drugs wise; but I was screwed up. My "mother" cheated; so I saw lot like I'm sure Red did.

    If she brought him up alone, he would be no different. Instead he'd be wanting a relationship with a "father" that was not in the picture. I'm raising one of those and can say 1st hand that it is just as bad.

    No matter how much love & support Farrah gave him, it would not change anything, either way.

    Angel Charlie - I don't know how much they've done with stem cells yet. It's very tricky. They do it a few ways, from the patient, from a sibling or some sort of relative. When my dad was sick it was pretty new here in the states. He did not live long enough to get what was donated to him.

    I'm confused on Farrah's chemo. I'm sure she didn't lose her hair until the end.. they supposedly avoided any chemo that had that affect. Every person I know doing chemo for various types of cancer have all lost their hair & I'm confused if Farrah wouldn't do that sort of chemo due to that or because she read the side effects in general; which are horrible. With treatment either you take it or you don't. My dad did a clinical trial; I could write my own book about what he went through.

    I know of someone else online going through a similar cancer to what Farrah had except theirs was higher up. This person had a colostomy, lost their hair to chemo & radiation and recently had the colostomy reversed. It's a shame this person has lost almost everything due to not being able to work and being alone.

    Cancer has affected me. Unless you (not anyone in particular here) know someone that's been treated with a radical treatment, you would never have a clue about what they go through to fight.

    I start recovering from my own loss when I learn of someone else fighting and I'm taken back to those raw, raw feelings again. I know that one day too, I may have chemical related cancer. I don't know if I can fight that fight since I know what I'm in for.

    We need to find a cure. We need to find a cure soon. I beg any of Farrah's celebrity friends to please find a good donation site & donate in her memory. We donated to Stand up 2 Cancer.

    It kills me to read the cancer blogs where little kids have cancer. Last year a sweet little 3 year old fought for her life and lost. I come across these blogs, the photo of the child will look like a child I know and it breaks my heart. How can a small little thing fight such a huge fight?

    We need to stop this now.

    ReplyDelete
  150. I also wanted to say that donating blood or platelets is another good way to pay tribute to Farrah. Many people fighting cancer need transfusions but blood is not always available. Sitting in a hospital for hours waiting for life saving blood is horrible. Around the holidays it's even worst.

    You can find a donation center online then donate in Farrah's memory.

    ReplyDelete
  151. Mother Of The Year.

    POWERFUL, first I have to apologise for the thoughts Ive had
    as to what happenes, or happened to Farrah's things, as I just finished reading your post.
    I now wonder if Farrah even give thought to material things in her last month.
    I find it strange that my first thought was indeed her diary, and NOW it is said to be missing. In Farrahs fight to live and be treated without the invasive Enquirer, or her medical records being leaked, this is what I FEEL IS MOST STRANGE. HER DIARY GONE !
    I do give to our charity here, and have worked for locks of love for 4 years, and thank God have not faced my own battle with cancer. But it seems we are living in constance defense, and gosh knowing someone like you describe in your father it I am sure is even more real, and more frightning. When I joke, and make snide remarks, do know I still hurt, and think of how cancer is the enemy, and how those with large amunts of money should try and build a huge foundation for us to add to. If Farrah's money, or friends who claim to have paid for her treatment were not enough ,this dosent mean we need to stop. I agree, we need more education, Angel Charlie shared so much, and I am still reading it.
    Thanks for the reminder,
    TEXBOY-Greg

    ReplyDelete
  152. Mother Of The Year,

    Ok this is something Ive never
    heard, can you tell me if any one person , pardon, one form of cancer , or all with cancer g=face tranfusions ?
    It is because the blood leaves the body like hemmorage ?
    Or you mentioned Holidays, so meaning being in an accident ?
    Im learning ?
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  153. p.s. and on the emotional note,
    who truly loves you when your down, fighting like a dog, and sicker than a dog when going thru cancer-
    THIS WAS ALWAYS MY FEAR- As I have watched so many great spouses, children ect hold the hands of a dieing person, with love. Is this a normal thought. Plus Mother Of The Year you mentioned a lady who lost it all ,during her battle, gosh. ALOT TO GRASP.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  154. May 27, 2009, New York, NY / Los Angeles, CA:

    Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C), the Entertainment Industry Foundation's charitable initiative supporting groundbreaking research aimed at getting new cancer treatments to patients in an accelerated timeframe, has reached a significant milestone, awarding the first round of three-year grants — that total $73.6 million -- to five multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional research Dream Teams. The majority of these funds were raised in connection with an SU2C telecast on September 5, 2008 that aired simultaneously on the ABC, CBS and NBC networks. Today’s announcement comes on the one-year anniversary of the launch of Stand Up To Cancer. SU2C’s next round of funding — Innovative Research Grants for individual investigators — will be announced later this year.
    “Recent advancements in basic science and in technologies have placed us on the cusp of important discoveries that can revolutionize the fight against cancer,” said Nobel Laureate Phillip A. Sharp, Ph.D., Institute Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and David H. Koch Institute at MIT. Sharp chairs the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) assembled by SU2C’s scientific partner, the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), that reviewed Dream Team applications and made recommendations on funding to SU2C’s Management Committee. “SU2C aims to capitalize on that progress and is pushing it forward at what will be an extraordinarily quick pace. The Dream Teams bring together leading laboratory scientists and physicians, collaborating in ways that are unprecedented with a laser-like focus on research that has enormous potential to help patients and save lives. The Stand Up To Cancer model could very well change the face of cancer.”

    ReplyDelete
  155. Five SU2C Dream Team Grants
    Each Dream Team’s project, funded for three years pending satisfactory achievement of stated milestones, is “translational” in nature, geared toward moving science from “bench to bedside” where it can benefit patients as quickly as possible. SU2C’s distinctive funding model was specifically designed to eliminate barriers that can inhibit creativity and collaboration, in part, by enabling scientists with different expertise from different institutions across the country — and in some cases, internationally — to work together. The five Dream Teams are comprised of 7 leaders, 4 co-leaders and 27 principal researchers from over 20 leading institutions, with more than 300 individuals participating in total. Each team will have at least two members from patient advocacy groups to ensure that the perspective of the patients and survivors they represent will be integrated into the research on an ongoing basis.
    The teams are listed below in alphabetical order according to the name of the leaders, and they will pursue the following important topics (full list of team members ATTACHED):
    • “Bringing Epigenetic Therapy to the Forefront of Cancer Management” / Leader: Stephen B. Baylin, M.D., Deputy Director of the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins; Co-Leader: Peter A. Jones, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor of Urology and Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Southern California;

    • “Targeting the PI3K Pathway in Women’s Cancers” / Leader: Lewis C. Cantley, Ph.D., Chief of the Division of Signal Transduction at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Co-Leaders: Charles L. Sawyers, M.D., Director of the Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, and Gordon B. Mills, M.D., Ph.D., Chair, Department of Systems Biology, University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center;

    • “An Integrated Approach to Targeting Molecular Breast Cancer Molecular Subtypes and Their “Resistance” Phenotypes” / Leaders: Joe W. Gray, Ph.D., Life Sciences Division Director, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Dennis J. Slamon, M.D., Ph.D., Director of Clinical/Translational Research at UCLA’s Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center;

    • “Bioengineering and Clinical Applications of Circulating Tumor Cells Chip” / Leader: Daniel A. Haber, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center; Co-Leader: Mehmet Toner, Ph.D., Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Harvard Medical School; and

    • “Cutting off the Fuel Supply: A New Approach to the Treatment of Pancreatic Cancer” / Leaders: Craig B. Thompson, M.D., Director, Abramson Cancer Center at the University of Pennsylvania, and Daniel D. Von Hoff, M.D., Senior Investigator and Physician in Chief at the Translational Research Genomics Institute (TGen).

    ReplyDelete
  156. The projects address some of the most critical and promising areas of cancer research today. They will enable scientists to gain new understanding of the molecular pathways and genetic mutations that contribute to the causes of many cancers; to apply nanotechnology to isolate and analyze circulating tumor cells; to explore imaging approaches that could lead to “starving” tumors; to leverage the growing understanding of epigenetics to design targeted anticancer agents; and to explore new approaches to treating breast cancers, especially those resistant to current therapies. This unique translational research model focuses on the disease, drug targets and clinical development, combining research and clinical applications that have extraordinary potential for patients.
    “For people struggling with this disease, or many of the 1.4 million Americans who will be diagnosed this year, scientific breakthroughs can literally be a matter of life or death,” said Laura Ziskin, executive producer of the September 5th, 2008 broadcast, who is a cancer survivor and a member of the SU2C Executive Leadership Council (ELC). “Every single minute of every single day, we lose someone to cancer in this country. We urgently need more and better treatments, and we need everyone to support the scientists who are working so hard to develop more effective treatments. That, in a nutshell, is what Stand Up To Cancer is trying to facilitate.”
    Collectively, the research that will be done through the Dream Team projects could impact the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of cancers in adults and children across ethnicities including, but not limited to pancreatic, breast, ovarian, cervical, uterine, brain, lung, prostate, rectal and colon, which represent two thirds of all U.S. cancer deaths. (562,340 people are expected to die of cancer in the United States this year.) In the U.S. alone, one out of three women and one out of two men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetimes. Worldwide, cancer kills almost eight million people annually.
    The combined award of $73.6 million fulfills one of Stand Up To Cancer’s key objectives: to assure that these translational research Dream Teams receive sufficient funding to see results within the three-year term of the grants.

    ReplyDelete
  157. On behalf of Stand Up To Cancer, the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) will be responsible for administering the grants, including distributing the funds to the Dream Team leaders’ institutions, developing methods of reporting and providing scientific oversight through program management and evaluation of progress during the funding period. AACR and the Scientific Advisory Committee will conduct periodic reviews to ensure that milestones and objectives are being satisfactorily achieved. Stand Up To Cancer is committed to ensuring that the funding process, as well as the outcomes of the projects, are transparent and that progress reports are made available to the public at www.su2c.org and www.aacr.org.
    “The response of the scientific community to Stand Up To Cancer has been extraordinary,” said Margaret Foti, Ph.D., M.D. (h.c.), CEO of AACR. “It has been truly amazing to watch this bold new funding model, which was introduced just one year ago, grow into an unprecedented opportunity to move research forward for the benefit of cancer patients. The dedication and time commitment of our highly expert SU2C Scientific Advisory Committee have been quite remarkable and far beyond what is normally expected in a more standard research grant review process. Each and every one of AACR’s 28,000 members is very proud to be a part of this significant and exhilarating undertaking in cancer research, which will help us accelerate our mission of curing cancer at the earliest possible time.”

    ReplyDelete
  158. Dream Teams Selected Through Rigorous and Transparent Process
    The Dream Team selection process began in July 2008 when AACR issued a call for research ideas. In response, Stand Up To Cancer received 237 submissions, representing thousands of researchers. All submissions were reviewed by the 20-member Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC), which includes highly accomplished basic scientists, physicians and patient advocates, chaired by Nobel Laureate Dr. Phillip A. Sharp and co-chaired by Drs. Arnold J. Levine and Brian J. Druker. The field was narrowed to 25 groups, then 16 and then eight. At that point, finalists were invited to submit full-blown research proposals.
    The leaders of each of the eight finalist teams met in-person with the SAC to present the plans for their research, and respond to questions about their projects — a level of interaction between applicants and reviewers that is unique in a scientific review process. The SAC made recommendations for the further development of proposals, where needed, and in two instances (in pancreatic cancer and breast cancer) where two teams proposed related approaches to research, the SAC suggested that the teams combine their proposals to create the strongest potential for producing optimal research results.
    The SAC’s recommendations were reviewed and accepted by SU2C’s Management Committee, and were then approved by the Entertainment Industry Foundation’s (EIF) Board of Directors. Stand Up To Cancer is a program of EIF, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that serves as a collective charitable organization for the television and film businesses. [A full list of SAC members is attached.]
    SU2C As a Movement
    “Stand Up To Cancer grew from two simple constructs: scientists need more money for research and easier ways to work together; and the entertainment industry has unique resources that can be called upon to help make every American aware that each and every one of us has a role to play in advancing cancer research,” said Sherry Lansing, EIF Board Chair and a member of the SU2C Executive Leadership Council (ELC). “From the person who can give five dollars to the philanthropist who can give millions, we are all connected to the devastation that cancer causes in our families, and together, we can Stand Up to end it.”
    Whether through providing in-kind services or mobilizing an array of organizations and individuals to build awareness and generate contributions, the entertainment industry is working to rally the public to Stand Up To Cancer. “Today is Stand UP To Cancer’s first birthday, and it’s thrilling to announce that all these incredible researchers are about to collaborate on five projects that have so much potential to reduce the suffering caused by this insidious disease,” said EIF CEO Lisa Paulsen, also a member of the SU2C ELC. “We are enormously grateful to CBS, ABC and NBC for donating the time for last year’s telecast, which was the catalyst that set all of this in motion, and to the 100 celebrities who volunteered their time to help get people involved.”

    ReplyDelete
  159. Stand Up To Cancer Innovative Research Grants Fund Early Career Scientists
    The SU2C Innovative Research Grants are an effort to support the next generation of extraordinary leaders in their quest to conquer cancer. These grants will provide up to $750,000 over a three-year term, and will be awarded to early-career scientists whose novel, high-risk, high-reward research proposals have significant potential for translational application, but are often not funded by conventional sources. 415 grant applications have been received, and it is anticipated that in this first round of Innovative Research Grants, 10 to 12 will be awarded later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  160. Stand Up To Cancer Garners Broad Support
    Major League Baseball was the first major donor to contribute to Stand Up To Cancer.

    “Baseball is an integral part of our country’s heritage, and it has been a privilege for Major League Baseball to join the Stand Up To Cancer community to help fight a disease that has in some way affected virtually every family in our country,” said Baseball Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig.

    “We encourage our fans to get involved, to Stand Up and to become part of this groundbreaking effort to stop cancer.”

    Sidney Kimmel, the country's largest individual supporter of cancer research, who pledged $25 million to SU2C during last year's telecast, said,

    "SU2C's intense, goal-directed, team-oriented approach is the next, most important step in the evolution of cancer research.

    If the Dream Teams produce tangible results over these next three years, the Stand Up To Cancer research model will be a paradigm shift on how cancer research is funded and conducted."

    Other major SU2C supporters include Amgen, AARP, Bloomberg Philanthropies, GlaxoSmithKline, Revlon, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), Wallis Annenberg & The Annenberg Foundation, Alliance for Global Good, New York Giants, Milken Family Foundation, Philips Electronics, Steve Tisch, The Island Def Jam Music Group and many others.

    In addition to ABC, CBS and NBC, SU2C major media partners include AOL, Condé Nast Media Group, eBay Inc., Facebook, Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S., Hearst Corporation, Los Angeles Times, Meredith Corporation, The New York Times Company, Time Inc and WebMD.

    ReplyDelete
  161. About the Stand Up To Cancer Initiative
    The Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) movement raises funds to hasten the pace of groundbreaking translational research that can get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives.

    In the Fall of 2007, a group of women whose lives have all been affected by cancer in profound ways began working together to marshal the resources of the media and entertainment industries in the fight against the disease.

    The SU2C Executive Leadership Council (ELC) includes

    Laura Ziskin, executive producer of the September 5th broadcast, who is a cancer survivor;

    Sherry Lansing, who is the Chairperson of the Entertainment Industry Foundation’s Board of Directors and founder of the Sherry Lansing Foundation;

    EIF President and CEO Lisa Paulsen;

    Katie Couric;

    Noreen Fraser, founder of the Noreen Fraser Foundation (NFF) and a cancer survivor;

    EIF Vice President Kathleen Lobb;

    Rusty Robertson and Sue Schwartz of the Robertson Schwartz Agency;

    and nonprofit executive Ellen Ziffren.

    Representatives of 24 patient advocacy groups are members of SU2C’s Advocate Advisory Council.

    SU2C was formally launched on May 27, 2008.
    About the AACR
    The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), which consists of over 28,000 scientists in the fight against cancer, is the oldest and largest scientific organization in the world focusing on every aspect of high-quality, innovative cancer research from the bench to the bedside.

    Lauded internationally for its scientific breadth, innovation and spread of new knowledge about cancer, the AACR is on the front lines in the quest for the prevention and cure of cancer.
    About the Entertainment Industry Foundation
    The Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), as a leading charitable organization of the entertainment industry, has distributed hundreds of millions of dollars to support programs addressing critical health, education and social issues.

    For additional information on Stand Up To Cancer, visit www.su2c.org

    ReplyDelete
  162. Where s the cure for cancer?

    By Elizabeth Landau CNN

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/03/cure.cancer.obama/index.html

    (CNN) -- President Obama's pledge to conquer cancer "in our time" is a great goal, but one of America's top cancer experts isn't sure he'd use the word "cure."


    Obama's first proposed budget includes $6 billion for cancer research by the National Institutes of Health.

    That's on top of the additional $10 billion provided by the stimulus package for 2009 and 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  163. StandUp2Cancer's $73.6M is just a drop in the bucket compared to the billions the government spends on cancer research.

    The promise of SU2C is that its research grant system is much better than the government's and that it is focused on promising research.

    But SU2C is only funding 5 initial 3 year dream team projects, none of which is focused on research into Farrah's cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  164. 'Chemical Nose' May Sniff Out Cancer Earlier

    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=101514

    FRIDAY, June 26 (HealthDay News) -- Doctors may some day be able to sniff out cancer with a "chemical nose," a new report suggests.

    Researchers at Georgia Institute of Technology and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst say they have developed highly sensitive sensors that pick up subtle differences on the surface of a cell that indicate if it is healthy or cancerous, even whether the cancer is metastatic or not.

    The team's report, published online in this week's issue of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, said the sensors have successfully distinguished between healthy and cancerous human and animal cells, even from the same individual.

    "This result is key. It shows that we can differentiate between the three cell types in a single individual using the chemical nose approach," researchers and chemist Vincent Rotello, of the University of Massachusetts, said in a news release.

    The sensors use the polymer PPE, or para-phenyleneethynylene, and three gold nanoparticles that tend to bond with the surface of chemically abnormal cells.

    When an abnormal cell surface grabs on to the gold nanoparticles, the PPE breaks off and glows.

    The glowing PPE pattern helps scientists identify the cell type, as a cancer cell has slightly different proportions of biomarkers on its surface than a healthy cell.

    "You often don't get a big signal for the presence of cancer," Rotello said. "It's a subtle thing."

    "Our new method uses an array of sensors to recognize not only known cancer types, but it signals that abnormal cells are present. That is, the chemical nose can simply tell us something isn't right, like a 'check engine' light, though it may never have encountered that type before," he said.

    The researchers next hope to test the chemical nose on real animal tissue as opposed to cultured tissue and refine their ability to decipher the information the detection system gives them.

    "We're getting complete identification now, and this can be improved by adding more and different nanoparticles. So far we've experimented with only three, and there are hundreds more we can make," Rotello said.
    -- Kevin McKeever
    SOURCE: University of Massachusetts at Amherst, news release, June 22, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  165. This is the treatment received from Dr. Vogl on her first German trip.

    Chemoembolization

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemoembolization

    Chemoembolization is a procedure in which the blood supply to the tumor is blocked surgically or mechanically and anticancer drugs are administered directly into the tumor.

    This permits a higher concentration of drug to be in contact with the tumor for a longer period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  166. So what are the details on the "Farrah Fawcett Foundation for Cancer Research"?

    ReplyDelete
  167. Angel Charlie, I was thinking the same, as to where is this Farrah Fawcett Cancer research foundation, and where are donations to be made ?
    Strange is it will possibly be a huge part of alana's book signing-
    A PUBLICITY STUNT-
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  168. Textboy - http://tinyurl.com/yv5m8g - link goes to wiki on chemo. Chemo attacks both good & bad cells in the body. If you read the 2nd paragraph, it mentions decreased blood cell production. Here is that part:
    Most commonly, chemotherapy acts by killing cells that divide rapidly, one of the main properties of cancer cells. This means that it also harms cells that divide rapidly under normal circumstances: cells in the bone marrow, digestive tract and hair follicles; this results in the most common side effects of chemotherapy—myelosuppression (decreased production of blood cells), mucositis (inflammation of the lining of the digestive tract) and alopecia (hair loss).

    Holidays - people fighting cancer get their blood levels checked. If it is near a holiday, and they happen to need blood (red or white) there is usually a shortage. We've waited from 9am until 7pm until the cancer center could find blood at a bank. With holidays there are a lot of accidents; blood is given by need/emergency. Most cancer centers use their own donations; but people donating blood can only give so much. I think there was 4 weeks between each red blood and white, it is longer because from what I understand it takes a body longer to replenish.

    -----------------------------------------------
    Don't apologize for thinking about her "things" because sadly, once a person passes, will those left do what that person wanted with their possessions? Probably not. It bothers me that Red is not out yet. I'm not seeing a lot online about him. Radar is reporting he'll be in jail until Aug 21; or longer. Does anyone have a date? Here is the video link http://tinyurl.com/Red-Radar - Sad.. Red walks in and looks around to see who is not there. The look on his face when he realizes no one is "there" for him. As a mother, I'm sure Farrah is not happy that her boy appears to be alone. HE NEEDS SUPPORT. I hope that someone is at the court house for him on August 21. It will be a few days shy of her 2 month passing. I don't think her death has hit him yet.

    Sorry to stray a little - can Red get mail? I see he is at Pitchess Detention Center. I'm a little confused since something else I read said that he was actually in jail; Twin Towers. This interview
    http://tinyurl.com/Red06112009

    I would assume most everything is left in trust to him; rightfully so. Sad reality is that it won't all be there. I lost my own personal possessions after my dad passed. Greedy; jealous family would not let us have what was ours, nor things my dad wanted us to have.

    Locks of love is a great charity. I'm currently needing a cut; want to donate it. L.O.L. will not take my hair due to dye. I hear there is another charity that will.

    The person I know lost their job 1st; looks like they are going to move again to a cheaper place but there is almost no money coming in from what I read. They are starting to sell their possessions. I don't know if the government will help this person & if they get it; will it be enough to live on? People are also losing their health insurance due to being sick. The reality of cancer is horrible.

    I'll be back later. I have more thoughts.
    I'm also curious about the FFF. There is not a lot of info on the site about what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  169. BTW, when I mentioned losing my possessions; does anyone know if Red lived with Farrah? The sadder reality is that he may lose his own possessions as well.

    Can anyone (that knows him/Farrah) see Red to get answers?
    This boy needs to know someone on the outside is looking out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  170. I ALSO WANT TO LEAVE ANOTHER GREAT LINK TO CURE MAGAZINE -
    http://www.curetoday.com/
    This is usually given free at Cancer centers.

    -----------------------------------------------

    Doing a little reading about Stand up 2 Cancers's Dream team - Targeting the PI3K Pathway in Women's Cancers
    http://tinyurl.com/DTFemaleCancer - it says: breast, ovarian and endometrial cancers, all of which have the PI3K mutation.

    While Farrah did not have any of those types, I actually wonder if this research will help her cancer because I'm almost positive HPV is also a contributor to them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  171. MOTHER OF THE YEAR,
    Ok from what I have seen in the past was that Red had Ryans house key, but being so addicted he would sleep wherever he come down at. Farrah stayed in Ryans Malibu
    home, and tried, she is seen in the passenger seat as he is driving. So i believe the reports true, that she drove him to work.
    As for Ryan and Red, well the last photo I saw was A MUG SHOT- Ryan saying he was hiding the drugs from Red, lol- in his bedroom, THE BEDROOM ? LOL The man has the ocean at his back door. SICKO

    ReplyDelete
  172. MOTHER OF THE YEAR,
    I honestly feel it will be Griffen
    who is their for Red, as a male figure, and possibly Tatum to reinforce the emptyness of reality.
    Griffen and Tatum have to know Red was Farrahs life.
    Ryan used him to SPARK the ratings in FARRAH'S STORY- I was glad to see it, but Ryan knew how to play on emotion- Those bedroom scenes will forever stick in my mind. But in contacting Redmond, I have wondered if it being a Treatment Prision- if he is allowed our cards, or letters. I would love to slap him, -LOL But I would only be slapping a drug, not the real person- Farrah fought so hard, and wanted to be a normal mother. She did leave us Redmond, who will like I think you agree need posotive , caring and alot of listening as he re enters the reality of what happened. I know Griffen chanined him to a star bannister in Ryans home, and so I think Griffen from personal experience was doing all he knew to keep a high person from killing themself.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  173. Well, hopefully someone that will know more will come by and post. Maybe the blog owner can make a blog "for" Redmond so that we can offer our condolences and offer some encouragement to him as well. I think this blog will get a lot more traffic soon and a post for Red will help him.

    I know what it's like to be semi-alone after loss. I have my kids; but knowing I am alone every day is hard; it will be made harder for Red on the 25th of every month; also the day she was buried (30th IIRC). Then it's possible the day of the month he saw her last. Holidays; every one where his mother is not there, even the non major ones like 4th of July. Christmas, Farrah's birthday, Red's Bday; mothers day.

    I hope that Griffen; even Alana; someone will sit in court so that he knows he is not alone. If he feels he is alone; he very well may go back to drugs and if I prayed, I would pray he won't end up like Anna and her son Daniel; with him dying of a broken heart.

    ReplyDelete
  174. Mother Of The Year,
    DEAR GOD HOW TRUE !
    I will never forget how his apperance was, and his reception was on camera in FARRAH'S STORY, after he come out of the room, and Ryan being so ,so on his rear, about CLEANING UP HIS ACT AS A TRIBUTE TO HIS MOTHER- I swear I would have spit in his face, and ask the law to take me away. Hell he was already cuffed, so what did he have to lose. Then again who know what was edited from that part of RED'S visit- I would by a nasty person to say a person cannot change, but it's up to them, and as far as Ryan , was a WIFE, AND ONE LAST CHANCE AT PARENTING NOT ENOUGH- HE BLEW IT ALL-HE FLAT BLEW IT- I wuld love to think Jaclyn Smith and Griffen as well as out TOPIC Greg Lott were in court ! I want to know if the reports on Ryan not viviting him pre-post farrah's death are TRUE- Somehow I beleive they are, but I am the type that always HOPES THEY ARE FALSE- GOSH you are so very right- Redmond is going to need alot of basic, non glamourous
    hype in the years to come, I wonder if we can get the correct address to send Red a simple card, without fanfare or motive, and just saw we care !
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  175. MOTHER OF THE YEAR,
    I think you would agree, Farrah is gone, yet Redmond who she left us is only being cared for by the security of prision walls, bars. I feel Farrah would say TAKE EVERYTHING ,But look after my son .
    ALANA, AND RYAN CANNOT TAKE HIM- They had their chance, and cashed in on his situation in the film.
    YES IT WAS HEART BREAKING.
    texboy

    ReplyDelete
  176. Farrah's 2004 Mercedes IS ON EBAY,
    purchased from A Dallas dealership,
    and now owned by a TX RESIDENT-
    9 Thousand miles- Be a blessing if it were donated to CANCER RESEARCH OR THE FARRAH FOUNDATION-
    Any news on THE FARRAH FAWCETT CANCER FOUNDATION ?
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  177. What's with all of the Farrah jewelry on Ebay? Proceeds go to cancer society.. Just wondering if it's stuff from her house recently.

    ReplyDelete
  178. Mother Of The Year,
    Nikki was correct in that seller being honest.
    She has been a consignment seller for years .
    I do find it strange that Kim Stewart, Melanie Griffith are listed as well.
    But I had a lady who worked at Starwares who said the same.
    I do wonder how she all of a sudden has new items so fast.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  179. Texboy, you're the one with the oil pump jack in your back yard.
    Only about an hour left on eBay for her car.
    No bids yet.
    Starting Bid $30K

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-E-Class-500-Farrah-Fawcett-original-owner-2005-only-17-300-miles_W0QQitemZ140331710209QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item20ac6bf701&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317

    ReplyDelete
  180. ANGEL CHARLIE,
    I KNOW !!!!LOL----That is a nice little baby, I bet I would hit the OIL WELL BACKING OUT- LOL
    If you look at the driver seat, It looks like Ryans FAT A-S drove it alot-----ha !
    TEXBOY ---Who cannot spell, !

    ReplyDelete
  181. http://starlounge.ch.msn.com/index.cfm?objectid=53143

    Farrah Fawcett's German doctor: "I pray for her!"
    15.05.09 08:34

    Otherwise, the doctor can do nothing more for the Hollywood star.

    For three years Farrah Fawcett (62) fought against the cancer.

    However, the Hollywood star seems to be losing the fight against the perfidious illness.

    Now her German doctor speaks about the state of health of his famous patient for the first time:

    "This woman has reached over and over again for life in spite of her heavy illness“, says Dr. Norbert Pfützenreuter (55) in "Bild".

    Her will is strong, however, her weak body is being taken by the fatal illness.

    Thus the last news from the USA is very sad.

    One planned operation for April in Munich can’t be carried out, because Farrah is too weak for the long trip to Germany.

    “Although it went well for her in Munich“, says the specialist for womb neck-reflections, "nevertheless, we knew always knew the deadly course of the illness.“

    The fact that a doctor so openly speaks about the state of health of his patient is very unusual – however, he has his reason.

    Today NBC shows a 2-hour documentation about Farrah’s fight against the cancer.

    Their good friend Alana Stewart (63) accompanied them always with a small hand camera.

    The documentation should give courage to others who are affected.

    Therefore, the Munich doctor speaks about his famous patient:

    "I have some prominent patients, such as Cher. She recommended me to her friend Farrah.“

    However, as it looks, he can help her no more.

    In autumn, Dr. Norbert Pfützenreuter saw the star from "Charlie’s Angels“ the last time.

    "Future operations agreed to won’t happen since she’s too weak.
    It is astonishing and a success that she lived in spite of her heavy illness for so long,“ says Dr. Pfützenreuter.
    "I pray for Farrah.“

    There is still annoyance around the TV documentary which shows Farrah’s fight against the cancer.

    Craig Nevius states, he had developed the format already years ago with Farrah, and has been pushed aside by Ryan O'Neal from the project.

    O'Neal has threatened him even physically.
    Nevius explained to "tmz.com" on the phone: "Ryan has threatened to kill me."

    Also, Farrah’s manager Richard Francis has threatened Nevius.

    Paul Bloch, the speaker of Farrah and Ryan, explained to "tmz.com":

    "This is a heavy time for Ryan. In this case one must probably question the motive of a person who does such a thing to somebody."

    ReplyDelete
  182. Dr. med. Norbert Pfützenreuter
    Heidemannstrasse 5b
    80939 München
    Frauenheilkunde u. Geburtshilfe - Plastische Chirurgie - Ambulante Chirurgie

    http://www.munich-info.de/gesundheit/lists/freimann_de.html

    MD Norbert Pfützenreuter
    Heidemannstrasse 5 b 80939 Munich
    Women's welfare customer and obstetrics - plastic surgery - ambulant surgery


    http://starlounge.ch.msn.com/index.cfm?objectid=53143

    Farrah Fawcetts deutscher Arzt: "Ich bete für sie!"
    15.05.09 08:34

    Ihr behandelnder Arzt kann sonst nichts mehr für den Hollywood-Star tun

    Seit drei Jahren kämpft Farrah Fawcett (62) gegen den Krebs.

    Doch der Hollywoodstar scheint den Kampf gegen die heimtückische Krankheit zu verlieren.
    Jetzt spricht erstmals ihr deutscher Arzt über den Gesundheitszustand seiner berühmten Patientin:

    "Diese Frau hat trotz ihrer schweren Erkrankung immer wieder nach dem Leben gegriffen“, sagt Dr. Norbert Pfützenreuter (55) in "Bild“.

    Ihr Wille ist stark, doch ihr geschwächter Körper ist von der tödlichen Krankheit schwer mitgenommen.

    So sind die letzten Nachrichten aus den USA sehr traurig.

    Eine für April in München geplante Operation kann nicht mehr durchgeführt werden, denn Farrah ist zu schwach für die lange Reise nach Deutschland.

    "Obwohl es ihr in München stets erfreulich gut ging“, sagt der Spezialist für Gebärmutterhals-Spiegelungen, "wussten wir doch immer um den tödlichen Verlauf der Krankheit.“

    Dass ein Arzt so offen über den Gesundheitszustand seiner Patientin berichten darf, ist sehr ungewöhnlich – hat aber seinen Grund.

    Heute strahlt der US-Sender NBC eine zweistündige Dokumentation über Farrahs Kampf gegen den Krebs aus.

    Ihre gute Freundin Alana Stewart (63) begleitete sie stets mit einer kleien Handkamera.

    Die Dokumentation soll anderen Betroffenen Mut machen.

    Deshalb darf der Münchner Arzt auch über seine berühmte Patientin sprechen:

    "Ich habe einige prominente Patienten, darunter Cher.

    Sie empfahl ihrer Freundin Farrah, sich bei mir vorzustellen.“

    Doch wie es aussieht, kann auch er ihr nicht mehr weiterhelfen.

    Im Herbst sah Dr. Norbert Pfützenreuter den Star aus "Drei Engel für Charlie“ das letzte Mal.

    "Die für jetzt vereinbarte Operation kam nicht mehr zustande, sie war zu schwach, wir haben nur telefoniert.

    Es ist überraschend und ein Erfolg, dass sie trotz ihrer schweren Erkrankung so lange lebt“, sagt Dr. Pfützenreuter.

    "Ich bete für Farrah.“

    Zu allem Überfluss gibt es jetzt auch noch Ärger um die TV-Dokumentation, die Farrahs Kampf gegen den Krebs zeigt.

    Craig Nevius behauptet, er habe das Format schon vor Jahren mit Farrah entwickelt und sei von Ryan O'Neal regelrecht aus dem Projekt gedrängt worden.

    O'Neal habe ihm sogar physisch gedroht.
    "tmz.com" erklärte Nevius am Telefon: "Ryan hat mir gedroht, mich umzubringen."

    Auch Farrahs Manager Richard Francis soll Nevius gedroht haben.

    Paul Bloch, der Sprecher von Farrah und Ryan, erkärte gegenüber "tmz.com":

    "Das ist eine schwere Zeit für Ryan.

    In diesem Fall muss man wohl die Motvie eines Menschen hinterfragen, der jemandem so etwas antut."

    ReplyDelete
  183. ok so Stephanie works for Ryan ?
    LOL- Why on the morning after the funeral is she working, and jumping into thr front seat of the car, the night before the action was all in the back seat- after the funeral ?
    oh and when did Ryan start walking like a duck- whats with the walk ?
    And this was the first time Ive ever seen ryan behave so kindly, !
    ALL THE MORNING AFTER FARRAH WAS LAID TO REST.

    ReplyDelete
  184. ANGEL CHARLIE,
    I hope everyone reads the post from Farrahs German Dr's. as it does show Cher had more influence than alana took credit for.
    Cher is said to have ask Farrah to travel, CHER STAYED AWAY FROM ANYTHING ON ALANA- So alana took credit.
    Then Craig Nevius says oneal threatened to kill him- THIS ARTICLE IS PRICLESS, IF IN DOUBT
    THANKS SO MUCH,
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  185. Does anyone have a good German to English site? I thought Firefox did it automatically but I'm on a Mac which doesn't have the same features as Windows.

    ~MOTY

    ReplyDelete
  186. MOTY,
    Ok I just have always used my search for TRANSLATOR- then copy the article, and go back to translate, any translator has always worked for me. Their are a few good ones that are free.
    WHERE IS ANGEL CHARLIE ? LOL ,
    If Angel will post we might both benefit. LOL
    But this has always worked. Noy only can I NOT SPELL but all I know is im VISTA- I miss the orignal 98, it was easy.
    TEXBOY

    ReplyDelete
  187. I'm actually pretty good with computers as long as they are running Windows. lol

    If you have firefox, they have add ons for language translation. I did install one yesterday but haven't restarted

    ~MOTY

    ReplyDelete

As I believe in the open debate and invite comments, I also believe one should take responsibility for their comments. This is why leaving your screen name is important in the debate process.