Another unsung hero in Farrah’s life is Mike Pingel of charliesangels.com. Mike was Farrah's assistant (from Nov 2005- Oct 2007) when Greg Lott and Farrah started farrahfawcett.us. He was instrumental in helping create the product with Farrah and Greg including the Fight The Fight t-shirt artwork, photos and posters. To make clear everything on the Farrah’s website including the news and product were all approved by Farrah and was managed by Greg Lott.
As her assistant Mike had many jobs he ran her house, helped with publicity, cooked for her, screened her calls (which made him many enemies) and was the webmaster for Farrahfawcett.us per Farrah’s request.
He was a devoted friend to her and when she got sick from the treatment, he cleaned it up. Here is something you probably don’t know and has been overlooked; during October 2006 to February 2007 Mike drove Farrah to UCLA for treatment every week and surprisingly was never stalked by the paparazzi, yet unlike Ryan O’Neal who seemed to be photographed every time he drove her there. Interesting don’t you think.
I was shocked to find out Mike was not allowed to go to the funeral to mourn his friend. This was shamefully disrespectful to a man who stood by his Angel.
I thought the same thing and I also wondered the last public photos of Farrah in the wheelchair how could the paparazzi know when she would be arriving from germany. I always found that somewhat odd
ReplyDeleteAnd Mike Pingle is great and he does an excellent job with the charliesangels website. Thank's to him it gave fans so much information the the latest projects of farrah and the other angels.
I really wish Gregg Lott could get Farrah's website back up,he also did a fantastic job and if I had a question about merchandise he always answered back. I could see why Farrah trusted Gregg and Mike pingle. Anyone who has not yet got his book The Q guide to Charlies Angels should get it he has a very nice interview with Farrah in the book.
OMG- Mike was not allowed to attend the funeral.
ReplyDeleteYes as oneal tipped off the paprizzilo- anytime he moved. GOTCHA !
I dread the fact that her home has been ramshacked- and either hidden, or sold. This is truly sad, like Nikki said , Mr Pingle has always done a terrific job. this again is a shock ! I trust and pray the media will know every detail of what went on and is going on.
Thanks for this update.
Greg
ok my screen name is TEX BOY- My apologies as I at times sign as Greg, and Im just an ordinary Greg- lol Im not MR.LOTT-
ReplyDeleteMike!I just would like to thank you for help me to get my first autograph from Farrah Fawcett.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
Kiko Chehin
Kiko- HI !!!!!
ReplyDeleteMissed you !
It is a sad time, I try and keep up with you
and hope to talk soon.
Thanks for the friendship !
TEXBOY
Hello Texboy (Greg)!
ReplyDeleteHow you doing?
I can see that you are from Texas and you are here fighting for Farrah and Greg Lott too
Just would like to thank you too for that.
Thanks for the friendship!
Kiko Chehin
KIKO. Yes, I know you are terribly upset over
ReplyDeletethe passing of Farrah !
You have always done so much in her honor, and it is appreciated.
I am truly shocked, to see what I thought was true is now coming to light !
I know you have a collection, and wanted to say that a magazine called IN TOUCH has a nice tribute, as does TV GUIDE- As for the rest I could not get past MJ- But just wanted you to know they are out !
Again your friend,Texboy
What do you mean by ramsacked? What has happened? Has her apartment been ramsacked? By whom? When did this happen exactly?
ReplyDeleteI've been following this blog for a while now and I do want to make a comment here and ask some questions for clarity. I understand from reading how Mr. Lott must feel. However, let's all take a deep breath and just exhale. Ryan O'Neal has been in Farrah's life for some time, good or bad. She turned to him in her darkest hour, good or bad. That has to speak for something. Can it be that he is in such shock at her demise that it is causing him to act with shocking behaviour? I was shocked he blocked his son from the funeral, however, you have to know that apparently he reacts to things out of blind anger and resentment. He is a bully and views himself to be a tough son of a gun. I think that Griffin equally does a disservice to them both by doing things he knows is going to make his father blow a fuse. I think that Griffin should lead by example. In order for his father to change (if he's capeable of such) then Griffin needs to begin the dialouge by not doing things that he knows will set him off. I too feel that Griffin has matured and learned a lot from his own mistakes, but giving public interviews is not helping the situation. I understand that he is angry with his father, but his father is a known bully even to his children. However, Mr. Lott, I did have some questions which are all moot now that Ms. Fawcett has passed, but on the site which I logged onto every day for updates on Ms. Fawcett there were some things that made me take pause. For example, why did you request funds for Dr. Jacob to come from Geremany? Ms. Fawcett is a wealthy woman and if she wanted her there, she would have provided for her to be there and I am sure Dr. Jacobs is a woman of considerable means. On your site you said she was coming to "treat" Farrah. She could not come to "treat" her because that would't be legal in the States. That's why Farrah went to GErmany because she couldn't receive the treatments in the U.S.A. That really made me wonder if this was why Mr. O'Neal was acting the way he was. He sees himself as Farrah's "protector" at this point. And if there is more imformation that needs to come out so we can understand what is really going on, please post it and not in dribbles and drips it does raise suspicion to intelligent minded people. It did seem that the prices on the site were unquestionably high for "Tees" and it gave the appearance of unscrupleous behaviour on the part of whomever was running the site. Now that may not have been the intent, but it certainly gave me pause and then you wanted money for Dr. Jacobs to come. Now you are saying that Farrah's apartment was ramsacked, or at least a poster. This is upsetting to people who really were touched by Ms. Fawcett's plight. Please shed some light so we can offer our support of needed.
ReplyDeleteAddendum:
ReplyDeleteI was angry that the death of Michael Jackson oveshadowed Farrah's. I think they both deserved honorable mention, I thought she was fantastic. There were some areas that I too thought she was a little ditzy however, I heard a comment from Judith Regan that made a lot of sense. She said that given Mr. O'Neal conducted himself or positioned himself as somewhat of a bully, that probably was why Farrah oftened played the role of the submissive childlike ditzball. To somehow ward off Mr. O'Neal's aggressiveness. I just wishe he would act more kindly towards his children. They have been through so much and its time. It made me angry that Farrah has suffered through so much and she seemed such a great friend, lover, mother, wife. I wish she and Lee Majors had stayed together I really do. I'm sure he made mistakes with Farrah, but at least she was with someone who really loved her. I am so sorry she didn't understand that and held on a bit longer. Oh well that is the journey of life, somehow, even though she suffered at the end, I am sure, Ms. Fawcett is in a brighter tomorrow. You all must go on with your heavy hearts and look towards the future and just let all the negativity go. Farrah chose who she wanted to be with in the end, regardless of what the endgame would be. She knew who and what Ryan O'Neal was and for some reason, perhaps because of Redmond, she returned to it. You have to respect her choices and let the chips fall where they may. There's nothing anyone can do at this point. What about Lisa Fawcett? He family in Texas, they don't seem to be railing over Ryan or saying anything in public. Her father and Redmond are her next of kin legally and they could say something, but I've heard nothing. If Mr. O'Neal is not doing the right thing, he can be stopped legally someone in Farrah's family has to step to the plate in all of this and if they are not, then what if anything can be done. Redmond is not in a position to act...yet. Give him time to process and understand and hopefully come to an understanding. He is in the right place for all of this. He has to learn to stand up and man up. It is good he is away from Ryan and everyone at this point. Hopefully he is figurin out somethings. I will pray for him. Poor soul he is all alone now except for Griffin, Tatum and his cousins. The sanest thing anyone can do is pray for this family to find peace and understanding. Let it be. Just let it be. Ryan, you need to take time and figure some things out. THis bullying of your children has to stop. You should be reaching out to Griffin, no matter what. YOU are the parent. Make amends. That is what Farrah would have wanted and you know it. You don't have to be a bully. Let go of the negativity and live life to the fullest in the most positive manner that requires decency and a view towards sensitivity to others. Your time in the spotlight has passed. Do something else with your life. STart with your children.
Thanks again Allen for all this valuable information. To hear that Mike Pingel was shut out of the funeral as well .. where will it end? Your suggestion the paparazzi may have been tipped off by O'Neal makes me suddenly think of one other odd incident. Remember a few months back when a British tabloid ran the story that Farrah was taking one last-ditch trip to Germany, had let go of her staff, was exhausted and the end was near? The piece seemed to contain some inside information but also a lot of exagerrations. Who might have sold that particular story to the newspaper?
ReplyDeleteI think most of knew that it probably was someone in the inner circle tipping off the paparazzi,but who knows.
ReplyDeleteitalia I do agree with some things your saying but what Ryan did to many loved ones by cutting them off and denying people to say a proper good-bye is not something that you turn a blind eye too. Just because fame is involved does not mean injustice should be allowed or tolerated. Would you tolerate that if it was you that was denied your proper goodbyes to someone you truly cared about? Or would you say oh well I'll just move on with my heavy heart? In my personal opinion if Farrah thought for one minute people were going to be denied talking to her.seeing her or attending her funeral Im sure she would have not returned to that person you say really loved her. I never knew love caused so much heartache,but maybe your idea of love differs from mine. Your entitled to your opinion but I think your giving people a pass that is not deserved. Sitting back and being silent never did anyone or anything any good. That's why we have a voice and a brain it's to be used for many things including standing up and speaking out when things unfair occur.Fame and fortune is not a good enough reason to look away and pretend this was just A LOVE STORY and someone just needs a course in anger management. Nicole
Nikki, I have to agree with you.
ReplyDeleteI am so saddened for those we are learning now were not allowed to say their good bye's.
I applaud then, because in the day's to come those who know them personaly will Wonder why
they were not invited, and allowed to put closure in the earthly relationship they developed with Farrah. Ryan I truly feel was the one who had Farrah fire everyone in the midst of 1978-9 80 - so he could void out the posotives in her career ! I recently read the interview that Farrah did with INTERVIEW magazine, in I think 1982- and It is a different almost confused person, answering in fear the questions ask. Ryan made an entrance in the end of the interview and it was the same bully then that he is now ! He even said something along the lines of NO GIRLFRIENDS- It is interesting, if you enter INTERVIEW MAGAZINE -and search archives, the interview is their, I have the original packed away, but It shows CONTROL being taken as far back as then. Sure Lee Majors put stipulations in her C-ANGELS contract, but To think now It possibly give her a break, as I cannot see Farrah rushing home by 6/30 TO COOK, Even if Farrah loved to cook, she knew the contract, and I feel it was known between the 2 that this was done so she could rest, That year alone filming, and the world watching was enough to kill a person, and she managed it- So why after leaving Lee ,did a sudden cloud, confusion as I read many times enter her life.
My guess is the DARK ONE !
So as we are bombarded by a man who is passed as well , and suffered , I feel it fair game to be able to post, and try and find out the truth-on Farrah So yes Nikki we have a brain and a voice. YOUR AWESOME !
TEXBOY
Again I being in Texas, can say Greg Lott was a comfort, a stronghold, and the one place Farrah knew rest !
ReplyDeleteAs for as Greg Lott asking for any money to have the German assistance fly in, and suggest this on his own , NO - This would be saying it was ok to LEAVE FARRAH in the same circle that He knew was not good ! So possibly in thinking it was Farrah's idea , It is possible that it was done just like 2 OF FARRAH'S SIGNATURES- Under the control of ??? Greg Lott know's MD ANDERSON- He knew , and it was Ryan who told Farrah TO COME HOME, after She said she had bleeding, I have to wonder now, why when MD ANDERSON A place Farrah knew well, was not considered. Alana found Germany ,and Ryan went along . So all I know is JAMES FAWCETT, GREG LOTT ,and MD ANDERSON are all in TEXAS, but ryan wanted her back in Lala land. This is a timeline I still get angry with !
Plus the FARRAH'S STORY was so edited, and chopped up ,it threw me into an emotional sadness, until I watched it again, and then it all made sense !
TEXBOY
I agree with you Nikki. Farrah would be so upset that Mike was not invited. So sad. After all he did for her. May I offer my personal thanks to Mike. And to Greg Lott I am so sorry you were not allowed to see Farrah at the hospital. It would have meant the world to her. Poor Oneal. He is waay outta control. And no help in site. He is very selfish. to italia: I too wish Lee and Farrah had stayed together. Lee was a GOOD guy. A simple man. Like I'm sure Mr. Lott is. But it was NOT DESTINY as we all know. Farrah made herself vulnerable to Oneal. She could have just said no. But I guess things were not so sweet between her and Lee. Most likely. Oneal moved in with his charm and the rest is history. How often we wish we could go back in time and nudge little events that would save future trouble. Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. Which brings me to Mr. Oneal's behavior. Its never too late to change the road you are on. He ought to for Redmond's sake. That's what Farrah was hoping for. She really beared the Cross for that guy! Her son's father! Her son meant the universe to her. She was trying to keep it all together for Redmond. What a beautiful, unselfish act.
ReplyDeleteI pray Redmond can rise above all this. Make your mother proud, son.
OH - RAMSHACKED, No it is not been reported,
ReplyDeleteIT WAS MY OPINION-
Im sure we will know in the day's to come !
T-BOY
I just heard ALANA has a book coming out AUGUST 25th, its already on pre-sale with AMAZON. ..... this is rather interesting, i am not sure what to make of this news...... I am torn because she's wouldnt be the first person to do something like this, but then i have to assume she has been writing this for awhile since it comes out next month, so it leaves me with the question..... DID FARRAH KNOW?
ReplyDeleteMy Journey with Farrah: What I've Learned about Life, Love, and Friendship (Hardcover)
by Alana Stewart (Author)
Alana has a book coming out??? So we can assume she had been writting this for sometime long before Farrah declined. Wow cashing in on your friends death. What I learned about lies, deception and money is a more fitting title. Is this really true she has a book coming out so soon? Well I guess there's no doubt about who she really!
ReplyDeleteNicole.
If Alana Stewart is coming out with a book, then that's exactly why this blog is needed. Ryan O'Neal and Alana Stewart are essentially trying to rewrite history. So far O'Neal has done a pretty good job of it. Allen and Greg Lott are in a "David and Goliath" battle with O'Neal and Stewart, because every time O'Neal opens his mouth the networks and every other news outlet comes running. It's a pretty one-sided battle. One bit of advice; instead of dropping tidbits of hot information piecemeal on this blog, Allen and Greg Lott need to give a comprehensive interview to a national outlet. Not enough people will be seeing this blog. And with all due respect to the main players who are leaving comments (most of whom I totally agree with), it doesn't pay to get bogged down over minor points of difference. That said, some fascinating insights into her life have emerged on this blog and there is a tremendous, revealing book to be written, hopefully with the full coooperation of Lott, Pingel and others who knew her well.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIm stunned that book is being released from someone Farrah trusted already.if it's being released in August I assume she had been writting this for months,years. Well to all those who get mad at us for invading privacy and how wonderful those that surrounded her in the final months were. Now do you see our point? Nicole
ReplyDeleteL'il I agree with you,but it may be hard to do that. We as a society cling to a famous persons words true or false. Most of us on here can see through those two R & A but alot of others will feed into the crap that they put out there and have been putting out since the documentary interview tour they did in may and june.
ReplyDeleteIm stunned that she has the balls to put a book out so soon.
Do these people have souls? They're like empty shells full of shit and botox. This is disgusting. Let me guess a portion of the proceeds will go to cancer research. yeah right. Nicole
SHAME ON ALANA STEWART. She said over and over how Farrah valued her life's privacy.
ReplyDeleteONE TOO-FACED FRIEND NOW KNOWN-----I am guessing RYAN , Forgot much to say about Farrah, OR TRULY COULDNT WRITE ANY BETTER THAN
I CAN-----Pathetic, alana you are truly a sad greedy person, WE ALL LEARNED LIFE, LOVE AND ECT ,Seemingly WAY FAR MORE THAN YOU DID. Like Farrah has said- DO SOMETHING BAD AND SOMETHING BAD WILL COME BACK TO YOU---I am amazed. Her said best girlfriend, had no class, Farrah truly was a friend to all wasent she.
TEXBOY
Nicole, you hit it right on the head- But again those who get upset with the post here, will believe alana- Dont they know ryan has a little punch in the book- YOU ARE SO RIGHT.
ReplyDeleteTEXBOY
I bet Alana hired a ghost writer 72 hours ago to write this book.
ReplyDeleteSHAME-SHAME- SHAME
TEXBOY
She's not to bright to write a book,Im sure she took notes while she and Farrah were back n forth to Germany and who knows maybe she kept a journal throughout her entire friendship with Farrah.But of course she had a ghost writer but if it's being released in August then this deal had to been made well before Farrah died.
ReplyDeleteI know she did'nt write it herself she's a known gold digger with no talent,I think her acting consists of guest spots on Fantasy Island and Hart to hart nothing to remember.She is one shrewd cunning person. I wonder when the tell all LOVE STORY book comes out by you know who. Remember one thing if you must read it-Library
Oh I did not know she did this in 72 hours. Did her alimony run out that she has to stoop so low? nicole
ReplyDeleteNikki....GOOD ONE--LOL
ReplyDeleteI think she is loving every minute of this.
I did not like her in Chasing Farrah, in the scene where she describe FARRAH ,like being a star, where they were in the bathroom, Then thinking about it, HOW FARRAH TOLD HER TO HANG UP THE PHONE WHEN ALANA was calling her daughter PRIMA DONNA- ALL THAT, She looked like a sunken skeleton- ALL OF THIS NOW LOOKING BACK- She is frightning-
Texboy
I pray that all edited ,or vaulted tape of FARRAH'S STORY comes out- I hope someone get's it- as the Farrah we knew would get angry when it was needed- and 2 hours with what I saw the only anger was her fight with the tabloids. Remember how the FAMOUS INTERVIEW OF HER RELEASED IN MAY, YET FILMED LAST AUGUST-08 , I wonder why it was held so long- ? She probably did not even know it was released.
ReplyDeleteThe tape of her with that magazine writer.
TEXBOY
Her daughter is not as hot as she thinks.But anyway Alana seemed to be a Farrah wanna be. For example Farrah is like a real barbie and Alana is like those cheap knock off barbies that you find in the dollar store. Yeah I don't understand why they did that with the interview,I do know that parts of that was used when the wheelchair photos came out. I find that to be a set up from someone who knew when Farrah was arriving back in LA and that she would be in a wheelchair. I don't know who and won't judge but you know who probably was behind that. All this kinda reminds me of Poor little Rich Girl the movie Farrah did about Barbara Hutton surrounded by blood suckers. I think when you reach a certain status in Hollywood there should be a time where you have to leave it behind if you want to keep your sanity and you have to find people you can trust and live a more simple life. I think the stress over the past 13 years or so got to be to much on her and I think all of it contributed to her getting sick, we all know what stress can do to your immune system. It seems really unfair that she's gone. And if those other two were in her shoes she would NEVER write a book 3 days after their death or at all for that fact. tex boy do you know if Alana really does have a book coming out or is this just internet gossip? I can't get over that if it's true,I mean if it's true I hope she uses the money and buy some class and character instead of plumping her self up with wrinkle fillers.
ReplyDeleteOk Guys I am back. I just wrote a long response and it didn't take, but I will say this. First off when I read about the funeral business with Griffin, I was really pissed off. Ryan O'neal is a bully and I would not have any problems dealing with him and I am 4'9" and a lady. He is so tranparent it is not even funny. You have to be intelligent to deal with Ryan because he so much isn't. Nevertheless, the point I was making is that, given all that we know and don't know, Farrah chose him for a reason. In the last few years when I saw Ms. Fawcett she dissapointed me on so many levels. I didn't understand her "ditzy" behaviour at all. I always felt she either wasn't handling aging well or hadn't come to terms with the fact that she wasn't a sex kitten anymore. But like I said, Judith Regan said something recently that made a lot of sense and then I understood. Perhaps that was Farrah's way of coping iwth men in general. You see beautiful women have it a lot harder in life than you would think. Men are so intimadated by a beautiful woman and God forbid she has brains and can think that somtimes men of the genre like Ryan, all they can do is constantly try to take them down. For women who grew up in the south, like myself and Ms. Fawcett, we are programed from birth to be charming, socialble, kind and pleasant, its the southern way of life. And when you are beautiful or attractive, when we come up against something like sheer brutality (I've never experienced what Ms. Fawcett did) but I can sort of understand now why Ms. Fawcett was the way she was.
ReplyDeleteShe was about 10 years older than myself so we both sort of came of age in the seventies when the women's movement was at its height. Being that she was 10 years older than I, she was still kind of confined to that era when men ruled the relationships. I came not too long after her and I was able to be myself and be independent for quite sometime within the confiens of a relationship. I've never known the confinement that she experienced within a marriage. I've chosen not to marry, I had that freedom. When she was married to Mr. Majors, I imagine she probably got caught up in that I need to be free type of mentailty to an extent and wanted to feel uninhibited because that was the sign of the times. She probably was in conflict with her sprituality as well, and something had to give and it was her marriage. However, she was young and when she ran up against Ryan, well she probably experienced something she had never experienced before, a man who was caught up in something more than her, for the first time...himself. She described it as being "overwhelmed" she was overwhelmed alright, she didn't understand that it wasn't about her, it was about him and if she came into his world, he would make sure it was about him. I am sure Mr. O'Neal was as caught up as he had ever been about a woman, but he has to be in control at all times.
ReplyDeleteIt is sad to see how he interacts with his children. I'm just saying that Griffin should stay away from him until he reaches out to his son. It is too toxic right now and nothing Griffin does is going ot be understood by Ryan because Ryan thinks he is right and he apparently does not reach out to his children for understanding. I am not saying he doesn't love his children but the way in which he deals with them is quite harsh. It makes me wonder what his childhood was like, it must have been awful. As far as Alana is concerned. This woman has always been a ditz ball to me and i have never seen her at any time that she didn't make me shudder. She is another female who hangs on the coatails of the men she is involved with. I've always seen her hanging on the coatails of G. Hamilton and it made me cringe. When I saw that Farrah had her accompany her to Germany, again I was quite irratated with Ms. Fawcett in that I couldn't understand why she would entrust something like this to a woman like that. I was like they are both CRAZY. However then i learned that they were both from Texas,then I understood the connection. When I heard that Alana demanded $250.000 and to be listed as a producer, I was too through! I mean your best friend is dying and you want money and to further your non existent career by giving it a boost off of the illness of your more famous friend? Uggh! barf! Then I said, I guess that is what Hollywood is about, your next close-up even when your friend is dying.Poor Dr. Piro's expressions seem to be saying..."Get me out of here these folk are CRAZY!. So all I am saying is this. There is nothing we can do about any of this. Farrah is GONE like Ryan said. No one is steppin gup to the plate for her. No one in her family. She's got cousins that can speak to her father. HEr father is her next of kin therefore he has a say and a right to interfere. He didn't seem senile to me at all. So if no one is stepping up to the plate then all we can do is pray that Redmond becomes together one day. I hope he is full of Ms. Fawcett's humility and kindness and perhaps the Lord is working with Ryan through the children. Ryan is going to come up against what is known as Karma. His day is coming and it will have nothing at all to do with Hollywood. if Farrah was 62 then Ryan is almost 70. He is not that much longer for this world and he needs to start working on his relationships with his children before it is too late. There is a reason that God took Farrah and left Ryan here...with the kids. There is work to be done. I just hope that Ryan learns before it is too late. Griffin, if you have a God, then start praying for your relationship to be made whole with your father. There is a lot of love there I can see it and feel it coming from Griffin. He wants to be accepted by his father. I wouldn't reach out to him again until you see signs from God that Ryan is turning around because it is too toxic for you and it has begun to affect your health as well. I would hate to have you the next victim. Continue working on yourself. You have a beautiful wife and a beautiful child. Embrace the love you have because you have more than your father does at this point. Redmond I am sure loves you all and he will need guidance once he comes out of the facility. Be there for him and Tatum and your other relatives and just leave Ryan to himself and let God work through him and perhaps Farrah too now that she is on the other side. You never know. Perhaps that is why she was taken. Perhaps she can do more now on the other side than she was able to do here with the family unit. I just don't know why she had to suffer like she did.
ReplyDeleteYes its true about ALANA'S BOOK, if you go to AMAZON it's already LISTED THERE FOR PRE-SALE !!! This still has me wondering WHY? AND OF COURSE DID FARRAH KNOW ???? I guess we will never know the answer to that question. I did a search on the book and found out as well, there will be a 16 page photo spread inside of never seen photos of Farrah and Alana. I dont want to talk bad about Alana because i think Farrah truely LOVED her, but i am in SHOCK , but then again, this is HOLLYWOOD as someone else above mentioned, and well, it seems these things happen like this there.
ReplyDeleteNIKKI, I had to check myself, and AMAZON
ReplyDeleteshows it. BUT again internet gossip is in all forms.
I think PRE-ORDER kind of makes me question it,
as if alot are pre-ordered she might see the numbers and then publish or have Judith Regan jump on it, remember Judith was after Farrah in Chasing, to get her bio. WHAT AGAION WAS FARRAH'S ANSWER- NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE DEAD, So Farrah does hold alot of info , and yet she did not cash in like these volturs. BUT GOD HELP US IF Ryan ever angers ALANA- I have always see it happen birds of feathers flock togeather, and soon turn on each other, causing hellish endings. Alana knew of the VIOLENCE with Ryan and Farrah, she even said it.
I have to agree with your post above 100% well said ! and so true, I thought of THE BARBARA HUTTON MOVIE ,so much and after the sick bed scene in FARRAH'S STORY I was almost ill. Wondering if her possesions were limited, or her cash almost gone. after All ryan loves attention and the small Celebration in Death was just that, SMALL FOR A LARGER THAN LIFE ICON.
TEXBOY
Itilia, I can say you made a great point and
ReplyDeleteyou would probably have been a much better BEST GIRL FRIEND than alana.
It sucks that Redmond has had to suffer, and knowing ,seeing more than alana or we ever saw.
He was still a child wher James Orr beat Farrah,and to know ,see and be subject to this,GOD BLESS HIM.
I love your description of Southern women, and it is true, Farrah held those roots so close to her heart, and the mix of those and the lala land had to be lethal- But after she come home to Texas in the late 90 to re group, and get healthy, bless her heart she returned to lala not knowing the hell that awaited her. Alana comes from a part of Texas that seems fitting to just what we see - it has always been a JOKE about those who come from that area.
TEXBOY
Thanks to all who have written here. It seems that since I watched her documentary and also saw her reality show "Chasing Farrah" I was praying for Ms. Fawcett's miracle.
ReplyDeleteI checked her official website every day that I could hoping that her treatments would take hold. Dr. Jacobs (in the documentary) did tell Farrah from the beginning that things were bad, but they would work with what they had. I loved Dr. Jacobs for Farrah. What we did get to see in the documentary, she was perfect for Farrah, seemingly. I didn't see her at the funeral though, I wonder if she was invited. Well, I will continue to pray for Ms. Fawcett's safe travels to her destiny with God and I will keep an eye out for Redmond. I know perhaps we could write to him at the facility. Nothing negative about his family though, because that is his family and I know he loves them all. While we know some things, we don't know all and we shouldn't be judgmental, but try to have understanding of Mr. O'Neal's failings as a human being. However, he was there for Ms. Fawcett throughout her illness and that says a lot. I was glad she didn't get to marry him at the end though, it didn't ring that it was the time for that. So we will pray that God will make that entire family whole. I am going to try to write something for Redmond on the positive side that he can get himself together and be a light here on this earthplane, for himself first as well for his mother's memory. Take care you guys and just know we were priviliged to have known Ms. Fawcett's light on this earth. God Bless you all.
ReplyDeleteOh this isn't Walter, this is his Aunt "Italia" writing apparently when you write form a different computer it picks up the last one. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteHere is an excerpt from the UK's Daily Mail where they have online other articles on Farrah. This may help shed light on why she turned to Mr. O'Neal in her time of crises. I think that they did love each other, but as discussed here and as her close friends and relatives must know, the relationship was overshadowed by again Mr. O'Neals unwillingness to look within himself and change. THis excerpt speaks volumes to me.
ReplyDeleteI may have to print it in two sections.
From the moment they first embarked on their affair in 1980 - when she was still married to O'Neal's unsuspecting best friend Lee Majors, television's Six Million Dollar Man - they have been alternately the closest of friends and the most bitter enemies.
For years, they seemed unable to live either with or without each other. Acrimonious bust-ups were followed by passionate reconciliations. There were furious accusations of infidelity and drug taking on both sides. Even after their final split in 1997, their public war of words continued.
Six months ago, Farrah publicly blamed Ryan for their son Redmond's addiction to heroin and cocaine. She tearfully accused him of introducing Redmond to drugs by smoking marijuana with him when he was just 13, being too indulgent when he was growing up and of repeatedly offering an easy escape from a series of rehabilitation clinics by offering to drive him home when the going got too tough.
Yet in her hour of need, those years of bitterness and rancour were instantly and instinctively set aside. Her phone call to O'Neal - and the fact that she has moved in with him - revealed that, despite their many differences, the two former lovers still retain a touching common bond of mutual affection and understanding.
In an exclusive interview with The Mail on Sunday, Ryan said: "We've had our ups and downs, but I was the first person she called when she was diagnosed. I love her, I've loved her for 25 years, and she knows that."
Speaking at his sprawling £5 million cream-coloured beachside villa in Malibu, where he is caring for the 59-year-old actress, he added: "Farrah is a fighter. The first thing she said to me was, "I've got cancer." The second thing she said was, "I'm going to beat this"."
Still lean and fit at the age of 65, the veteran star confirmed that Farrah had moved out of the £2.5million 14th-floor apartment on the edge of Beverly Hills where she has lived alone since their split, and into his home.
"I intend to care for her and give her all the support she needs,' Ryan said. "She was diagnosed last Friday. It was so unexpected. I know these things happen, but not to Farrah. She's been having regular check-ups but this just came out of nowhere.
"She had been complaining of feeling tired all the time, but the cancer diagnosis was a complete shock to both of us. She's here at my house now and that's where she will stay. She's feeling bad today. She's come down with a cold, maybe because her immune system is down. She doesn't want to talk to anyone right now."
Throughout all the dramas over the years, Farrah and Ryan had a love-hate relationship. They hadn't talked for months, but Ryan congratulated her on her Emmy appearance and they were on speaking terms again."
ReplyDeleteThe friend confirmed that one of the biggest bones of contention between them was Ryan's relationship with Redmond.
"Redmond's treatment was a source of great conflict between them. Ryan would always take him out of drug treatment centres too early. Farrah was into tough love. They had huge rows. Redmond never completed rehab properly because Ryan would go and visit him and then take him home.
"But when Ryan was diagnosed with leukaemia, Farrah went back to him and there was a time when it looked like they were getting back together. They are the classic case of a couple who can't live together and can't live without each other.
"Even though they have had the most vicious rows over the years, when things have gone bad in their lives, they always turn to each other.
"When the chips are down, they have a love that is stronger than many marriages. Farrah could go months without speaking to Ryan but she has always had his number programmed into her cellphone.
"It's no surprise that he was the first person she called last week when she was diagnosed. Of everyone in the world, she knows she can turn to him when times are rough, because, for all their rows and fights, they truly do love each other. They are soulmates."
Farrah's long-time friend Alana Stewart, Rod Stewart's ex-wife, added: "Farrah and Ryan never married, but they are more married than anyone I know. I always thought they'd be together for ever."
ReplyDeleteHowever, it seems that even now, things are not completely smooth between them. As he left home for the gym after our interview, Ryan said: "Farrah's upset with me for talking to you, but I wanted to set the record straight.
"I can't say any more because she will be mad at me and I don't want any more rows. Just tell your readers that she will pull through this. We've had some bad times over the years but we've always pulled through. She's going to lick this and I'm going to be there for her every step of the way."
So that confirms it for me. THe good and bad of it. She chose him and I guess so do we. I am really, really, hoping that Ryan O'Neal reconciles with Griffin O'Neal. I am really hoping that this whole thing turns out for the best. It just has too, where else can it go but into positivity.
Peace to them all.
I'm finding out quite a lot I didn't know aoout Ryan O'Neal. He has a serious problem with his personailty. Here is more from Tatum. I think Griffin should cut him completely out of his life. Damn everything else. Until Ryan gets help he is doomed.
ReplyDeleteThe star who won fame as the romantic hero of the 1970 film Love Story has a long history of abuse and cruelty to his children. It includes him knocking Griffin's teeth out when he was only 14, and continuing to batter him for years afterwards.
And it includes his beating Tatum when she was in her early teens, and even encouraging her to snort cocaine so she could lose weight.
Throughout his life, O'Neal's temper has been as violent as it was unreasonable: on one occassion he hit Tatum simply for being late for a tennis game. Indeed, given the appalling way he treated them as children, it is a miracle the two still agree to see him at all.
For there are no excuses for O'Neal's shocking acts of violence and cruelty towards his family - certainly not any unhappiness in his own childhood.
Far from being born into poverty, Patrick Ryan O'Neal was born with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth.
His father, Charles O'Neal, was a prosperous Hollywood screen writer and his mother, Patricia Callahan O'Neal, a relatively successful Hollywood actress.
Ryan and his brother, Kevin, grew up on one of the most star-studded streets in Hollywood, Cold Water Canyon, boasting spectacular views of Los Angeles and the surrounding areas, later following his father to Germany, where he was running a radio station.
But although he was pampered, protected and well-educated, brawling was in Ryan's blood from the very outset.
At seven, Ryan's father built him a boxing ring in their back garden and, as a boy, he fought in Catholic Youth Organization and Police Athletic League Tournaments in Santa Monica, California, winning prizes for his skill and aggression.
Sadly, as his children would grow up to learn, he loved fighting outside the ring as well.
As early as 1960, when he was only 18, Ryan spent 51 days in prison for assaulting a stranger at a party. Fortunately for him, his clean-cut blond good looks and innocent blue eyes cloaked the incipient violence in his nature. And it was these dashing looks that won him his first part in a TV show, The Many Loves Of Dobie Gills, that same year.
ReplyDeleteSoon, he was a matinee idol, a magnet for beautiful women - and in 1963 he married one of them, actress Joanna Moore, mother of both his children.
On the surface, O'Neal and Moore were a golden couple. But under-neath the glittering facade, Ryan's dark side was ready to erupt - and erupt it did, ending in him battering his hapless wife. Just four years later, they divorced.
Within weeks, Ryan married again, this time to yet another beautiful actress, Leigh Taylor-Young, his co-star in the cult TV soap opera Peyton Place.
Tatum and Griffin were initially dumped with their mother, but she proved unequal to the task of looking after them, and Ryan took custody.
By now he was the feted and adored hero of classic weepie Love Story, in which he and Ali MacGraw played a young couple in the throes of a doomed romance.
But at home, even then, Ryan was more villain than hero. "My father terrorised me, but Griffin was his real whipping boy," Tatum remembered in her memoirs. "Everything Griff did seemed to provoke my dad, especially winning at pool.
"Being an excellent pool player, my father insisted on worthy opposition, but he was also too competitive to tolerate losing. Then he'd often let loose with fists and sometimes even with pool cues.
"Most of the time I couldn't protect Griffin from my father. He was always covered with bruises, which he'd account for with crazy stories about falling downstairs with his hands in his pockets."
But if the children cowered from his fists, they were also in thrall to his career. When Tatum was ten, O'Neal cast her as his precocious side-kick in Paper Moon, in which he played a confidence trickster.
Her performance was so stellar that when she - and not her father - was nominated for an Academy Award, he hit her in a fit of jealousy.
That, however, was not the worst of the abuse he hurled down on the little girl, who once idolised him because, as she later termed it: "He was so handsome, talented and funny and he was the guy in Love Story. I fell in love with him in a way."
After she became the youngest person ever to win the Oscar, he turned her into his companion, inviting her to share a bed with him. Though there was no sexual element, it horrrified Ryan's lovers, like James Bond star Ursula Andress, who was reportedly shocked at having to spend the night in the same bed as Ryan and his little daughter.
ReplyDeleteFor Tatum, though, it was just another aspect of her bizarre Hollywood childhood. "I remained Ryan's companion on the Hollywood party circuit, growing inured to sex and drugs before I was in my teens," she later confessed.
O'Neil's vicious temper wasn't improved by his own propensity for drug taking. When Tatum was molested by his drug dealer while still only in her teens, and complained to her father, Ryan - unwilling to relinquish his drug-fuelled existence, even for his daughter - accused her of leading the drug dealer on, and kept him on his payroll.
But worse was still to come. When in 1975 he played the title role in Stanley Kubrick's tour de force Barry Lyndon, O'Neal assumed that he was set for superstardom. Instead, the film disappeared without a trace, along with his Hollywood career. And once again, his children paid the price.
"He stared getting crazy and more out of control," Tatum recalled. Sometimes the abuse was blatant. At other times it was more subtle.
When she was aged 15 and feeling overshadowed by Farrah Fawcett - Ryan's new girlfriend - Tatum was told by her father that she needed to lose weight because she was looking fat. He advised her to snort cocaine, as that would suppress her appetite.
And when - out of despair at such taunting - Tatum tried to commit suicide by slashing her wrists, Ryan merely declared: "You cut the wrong way."
It is hard to understand what would keep a young girl so in thrall to such an abusive parent. But the older she grew, the more Tatum saw her father for what he was - a violent bully. Finally, after she was late for a racketball game and - in her words - "he raised his fist and cold cocked me right in the head", she cut all ties to him.
ReplyDeleteIf she hoped for a less volatile life ahead, she went the wrong way about it. In August 1986, she married tennis star John McEnroe, another man hardly associated with cool self-control. The marriage produced three children, and though Tatum and her father were eventually reconciled, she kept all contact between Ryan and her own children to a minimum.
"I don't trust him," she declared, "It's no big secret in Hollywood that he has a temper, and my children are afraid of him. He hadn't been physically violent to them, but they've seen his temper against me and they don't like it."
And what of Griffin, Tatum's brother, who once took the brunt of his father's aggression?
After his abusive childhood, he set out to follow in his father's footsteps in more ways than one. An actor, his career amounted to little more than a few B movie appearances in films such as Assault Of The Killer Bimbos. Like his father, he battled drugs, and like him he has left a trail of destruction behind him.
On a public holiday in 1986, Griffin was driving a speed boat, with Francis Ford Coppola's 23-year-old son, Gian-Carlo, as passenger. The boat crashed, Gian-Carlo was killed and a judge found Griffin guilty of reckless boating.
Then, in 1992, he pleaded guilty to charges that he shot at his estranged girlfriend's unoccupied car. At the time, he agreed to spend a year in a drug rehab programme and serve five years on probation.
Griffin and his father look to have taken their long-term rivalry to new levels of aggression.
ReplyDeleteFor even Ryan's recent battle with leukaemia (he is now in remission) and his continuing relationship with Farrah Fawcett (whom he has supported throughout her own cancer battle) have clearly failed to mellow him, or abate his dreadful temper.
Part of the reason, those close to him claim, is that Ryan's career has never managed to reach the heights it had during the early years of Love Story and Paper Moon. In recent years, he has made a few highly forgettable films, and appeared in one episode of Desperate Housewives.
Yet while O'Neal's fabled good looks have turned to fat, his firm jaw to blubber, he remains a bona fide star and it is a tragedy that the man who was once an idol to millions, who starred in the greatest romantic movie of all time, refuses to get help for his terrible temper.
Instead, he persists in trying to destroy his own reputation, along with the lives of those who love him.
Perhaps with the latest outrage - which Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department yesterday categorically stated was an assault by Ryan O'Neal on his son - justice will at long last be served. It seems that this time O'Neal is about to pay the price for a lifetime of violence and cruelty.
Again I don't understand Farrah for going backto this madness. However she did. Someone has to help Ryan seek counseling or else Redmond is doomed. I am so concerned about Redmond.
I will pray for them all. These articles can be found on UK's the Daily Mail's website.
Pease
the day before Farrah's death that Alana was turning Farrah's journals into a book of her own:
ReplyDelete"Farrah's journals, we're told, are being turned into a book by Alana Stewart... The book, we're told, will be announced after Farrah's passing, 'for maximum effect.'"
Tabloid Baby posted this today.
I am saddened by this.
At the reception following Farrah's funeral on Tuesday, Ryan O'Neal confirmed that a sequel to the high-rating Farrah's Story is in the works. Cameras filmed the funeral. It's still not known whether, as feared, O'Neal also filmed Farrah's passing.
It is such a crime that Mike was not allowed to attend the funeral and was actually blocked by Ryan O'Neal! While others that used Farrah for years were allowed in. Mike has always been a decent guy and deserved his own chance to say good-bye to Farrah in public. Bastards!
ReplyDeleteso let me get this straight.....Mike P assists RO'N in gathering photos for the thank you notes and yet is blackballed from the funeral? Why didn't RO'N get the assistance of Farrah's "archivist" then who was clearly allowed at the funeral. I'm sure he had access to a lot of photos in Farrah's archives. Right?
ReplyDeleteFarrah's archives ? I only hope a decent person can take or has been willed the access to these. If not they will possibly not be shown for 25 years, al la Marilyn Monroe. Ok the one area I am confused beside Tatums sleeping in Ryans bed, is how that article said they would go for months without speaking, ??? Ryan just said they spoke everyday ,and meaning the first day after their breakup- I heard this just a few days ago, and kind of believe it ! Only due to Redmond ! Farrah loved the telephone- LOVED IT.
ReplyDeleteTEXBOY
I was just catching up on the info and the posts and wanted to add my 2 cents. I am very impressed that some of you know each other, and how much you too have been mouring as deeply as I have. I was 10 years old when I saw the then, Mrs. Lee Majors on my favorite show, and the rest I am sure has to have the same points in time that just became one of the longest constants in my life. For never having the pleasure of knowing Farrah on a personal level, I however do have such deep and genuine admoration and love that will never end. I was so devastated, even knowing what was going to happen. I agree I was very much so on one hand very disapointed and angrey at how quickly (3 hours) the whole media world dropped Farrah like it was old news. I felt it was very disrespectful, especially to just keep replying the only 10 minutes of news they knew about Micheal on the first day. But now, being able to think of Farrah with out my voice cracking and eyes tearing at even a 2 second thought, I have come to be thankful that the media was cut short to a degree personally. I would have been nothing but tears and such heavy sadness at seeing or hearing all the beautiful thoughts, memories, and news regarding Farrah if it were the 24 hour for 5 days straight headlining news that it would have been, had Michael not passed. I would like to think that the media, and other people that are in the position of doing some nice type of tribute pieces and such would still do so. Beyond that, This whole situation With Greg Lott is very sad, and also the addition of finding out about Michael Pingle to boot!!
ReplyDeleteI can not comment on what is really happening, because I am not there first hand and don't know anything from the other side to even begin to pretend to make a decision with any merit. I do know how long Greg has been in Farrah's life and obviously how close they were. It is very sad no matter what the reason, right or wrong, good or bad, keeping the people who loved her away from the funeral is a horrible and cruel thing to do. We were so very lucky to have been here during her time - because anyone from this point forward will never know anything remotely close to how incredible Farrah was, and how much impact she had on so many people's lives in a personal way even if never having met, there was a love and feelings for her by everyone. I enjoy seeing all the genuine conversations on here, and it makes me feel good to know there are so many people who really did have a bond to Farrah to the very end. No matter what, at any age, even when she would have been old, even if she were fat, and especially after seeing it - I can say 100% no doubt period - even bald - there is nothing that could dim the absolute beauty inside and out - top to bottom, front to back that was every single cell and atom that she was made of. Good thing she was a Texas girl, because not many places could have let her heart grow to be as big as it was!! She was the best example of what beauty and love looks like when it is in it's purest form!!!
ReplyDelete